Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

we stand when we want.......

We''ll stand if we want we''ll stand if we waaannnttt we are the snake pit we''ll stand if we want!!

I have to agree, it''s all about the Snake Pit! The true die hard fans stand anyway and are located next to the away supporters, you don''t hear them singing about "stand if they want to".

About time they focused on the game and not the Barclay!

I have to say that on the last few times I''ve been ...I sit right by there in the City stand... it has seemed to me that too many Snakepitters have spent more time baiting the stewards, hurling abuse at the Barclay, and singing self indulgent ditties about "standing" than actually supporting the 11 men in yellow and gren on the pitch.

Get behind the team, lads, and leave to other schoolboy stuff to another time/place.

I sit in either Block D and Block E, and we are always standing until a steward asks us to sit, then about 5 minutes later we are standing and singing.

Just don''t understand why the Snakepit is so hostile, liked the song to the Jarrold though, don''t know if anyone else heard us singing it.

You could see some of the Jarrold look over at the Barclay.

Seems rather juvenile to me.

I''ll get slated for this but why do some morons feel the need to be abusive and foul-mouthed? Passions run high and I appreciate its part of standing on the terraces but a constant tirade of expletives seems unnecessary and ignorant.

Deary me.

How dare we sing songs and try to generate an atmosphere at a football match, of all things! Shocking behaviour.

We aim songs at the Barclay when the Barclay are particularly quiet, because it seems to be the best way to get them singing again.

It''s not rocket science, lads.

It wasn''t at the Barclay though, it was at the Stewards.

A song such as We''re the Snakepit etc etc, is aimed at the Barclay for example, or Barclay Barclay give/sing us a song is aimed at us.

The song which was sang on Saturday was aimed at the stewards, I have to say theyh are very fickle though.

was sat there thinking the rest of the crowd could of been cardboard cutouts , not one chant i think we made a lot more noise in the lower leagues.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Seems rather juvenile to me.

I''ll get slated for this but why do some morons feel the need to be abusive and foul-mouthed? Passions run high and I appreciate its part of standing on the terraces but a constant tirade of expletives seems unnecessary and ignorant.[/quote]

what a geek

I was replying to the chap who said we spend all game ''hurling abuse at the Barclay''. Sorry, perhaps i should''ve made that clear.

I still don''t see the issue, however. So we aimed a perfectly clean song at the stewards. Disgraceful...

Some of you love a moan.

Fair enough ?, I did not realise that.

''was sat there thinking the rest of the crowd could of been cardboard cutouts , not one chant i think we made a lot more noise in the lower leagues''

I agree there could be a lot more singing involved then what there is now and for one I would love that, I agree with what you have to say, there was a hell of a lot more singing in the lower leagues.

Hopefully for the Newcastle game it is a lot more atmospheric.

No need for the sarcasm Mr Question Mark.  What many of us are saying is spend more of your time singing songs, generating an atmosphere in a positive way that will help the team and put off our opponents and their fans. And less time singing banal songs aimed at stewards etc who are only, at the end of the day, doing their job and enforcing the law of the land.

Can I suggest that , should you have an issue with standing at football matches you take it up through the proper channels..ie your club and your MP ?

There''s every need for sarcasm when people are complaining about singing at, of all things, a football match...

Why take it up through ''proper'' channels when the song we sang seemed to do the job?

And, if you hadn''t noticed, us chaps in the Snakepit spend more time than most ''generating an atmosphere in a positive way''. That is, of course, the same positive atmosphere that makes football the great spectacle it is, and which others enjoy about the game even if they play no part in generating it themselves.

Selfless lot, us in the Snakepit. That should fit right in with your ''Big Society'', eh? ;-)

we also have no imagination in our chanting and songs other than on the ball city all the other chants seem to be with the same tune as "we stand when we want."

''There''s every need for sarcasm when people are complaining about singing at, of all things, a football match...''

I don''t know if that is aimed at me ^^

But anyhow, I agree with you ? on the points you make.

The Snakepit is what generates most of the noise and they are the ones who in my opinion get the Barclay going.

Would be nice to get the place rocking from start to finish :)

OTBC!!

Lot of pathetic back-biting. Sing at the visiting fans, get behind the team, make fun of the opposition but the Jarrold and the stewards aren''t the opposition are they?

Nothing like a united fan-base and we are nothing like it.

But that''s just the point  Mr Q. Nobody is complaining about singing at football matches. Also nobody is doubting that you selfless lot in the SP are very good, valuable, parts of the crowd, and do more than your fair share of "atmosphere generating" .

What I and several others are saying is reserve your songs for encouraging the team etc, and not having a go at the stewards . In what way did your song "do the job" ,as you put it ?

BTW, I don''t know why you refer to "your" Big Sociey . I think it''s as daft and patronising as you evidently do.

Apologies, Mr Pie Supplier. I saw the picture, and jumped right in.

On a tangent, you must be doing a roaring trade.

The song worked, as, after singing it a few times, the stewards seemed to give up with their persistent pestering of us to sit down.

The comment was aimed at no one in particular, HoltsRightFoot. It was a ganeral comment to those who complain about our songs.

The point is, when we in the Snakepit sing songs towards the Barclay or the Jarrold we are not treating them as the opposition. We''re trying to get them to make some noise back, to perk up, and to start their own songs. It''s a little geeing up of the crowd in other parts of the ground, if you will. And it tends to work, at least, for a while!

I genuinely don''t see how that can be a bad thing if the atmosphere is flat, as it so often it recently.

I''ll leave it there, i think. We''re just going in circles!

Daftest thing about "we''ll stand if we want" is that it they all kept sitting down again. If you want to stand - stand, no need to make a big song and dance about. Stewards ffs, hardly going to eject the entire corner are they.

''We''ll stand if we want''...

Not, ''we''ll stand all game''.

We''re all adults, chap. We don''t need stewards nagging us every few minutes to sit down. Try experiencing it and it soon starts to grate.

Right, now i''m definitely leaving it.

In all honesty, the first time this was sang I did chuckle.The 6th , 7th and 8th was just boring.Hearing on MoTD, embarassing.The Snake Pit / Barcley have this rivalry over whos the most vocal etc etc etc, I do not see how the "Stand if we Want" nonesense sung over and over has anything to do with NCFC or getting behind your team. Its the kind of lame ass thing I expect school kids to do on a bus when told to sit down.

Rules of being a NCFC Fan 2011:

- If sitting in the SnakePit, do not under any circumstance, begin to enjoy yourself. If you look like you''re enjoying yourself, you''re out.- Do not sing any song which is not directly about the 11 players on the pitch. No Lambert songs please, or Premier League rubbish. OTBC passes, but only just. Sing nothing other than OTBC, infact.- If you try to sing anything purely for a laugh because of over-zealous stewards, prepare for the usual PinkUn moaners and incredibly boring characters to tell you how you should spend your 90 minutes at the football match. Most of these will be N&P regulars who will insist on you sitting arms folded silent in your chair. The occasional loud `tut` at a referee decision or goal is permitted.- Do not, under any circumstances, try to generate an atmosphere. This is directed purely at the snakepit. This is the job for the E block of the lower Barlcay only. They have made this clear.- Remember that because you sing "We''ll stand if we want" our fanbase is not united. You have seperated us from one another. You''re practically binners.- Slate Andrew Surman wherever possible because he isn''t as strong as Bradley Johnson.- Criticise Grant Holt for `cheating`, `obvious diving`, and being `a complete embarassment to NCFC`. Ensure however, that when he proves you wrong and scores the winner against QPR that you sing his name as loud as possible and pretend your previous posts on here never existed.

I''d love a good old sing-a-long in the Jarrold, but, where I''m sat (Ent 40/Upper Tier G) it ain''t ever going to happen!

Its a good place to see people pass their packets of sweets around-but singing, no, I don''t think so. Like you wouldn''t expect a convention of Guardian readers to start chanting " ''ere we go, ''ere we go" as they stride towards the vegetarian cafe...

But, as long as people are behind the side, supporting the side and watching the game...

Agree completely Old Shuck - we can''t all get tickets in the SP or the Barclay.

Can''t help thinking someone has managed to press Hogesar''s buttons, you need to calm down mate, you''ll stroke out.

[quote user="Indy"]I have to agree, it''s all about the Snake Pit! The true die hard fans stand anyway and are located next to the away supporters, you don''t hear them singing about "stand if they want to".

About time they focused on the game and not the Barclay![/quote]If the Barclay were singing on Saturday we certainly couldn''t hear it in the snakepit Indy, that''s why there were more songs than usual aimed at the Barclay, we were trying to get a vocal response from you all.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

I have to say that on the

last few times I''ve been ...I sit right by there in the City stand... it

has seemed to me that too many Snakepitters have spent more time

baiting the stewards, hurling abuse at the Barclay, and singing self

indulgent ditties about "standing" than actually supporting the 11 men

in yellow and gren on the pitch.

Get behind the team, lads, and leave to other schoolboy stuff to another time/place.

[/quote]

The last few times you''ve been? Saturday was the first time that "We''ll

stand if we want" has been sung in the snakepit so may I suggest that it

was your first game?

Please enlighten me to the abuse that was hurled towards the Barclay?

Apart from a few songs trying to get them to respond (none of which even

had an abusive word in them) I can''t remember any abuse.

Was your hearing aid playing up on Saturday so you missed several

choruses of On the ball City, Keep the green flag flying high, Paul

Lamberts Green and Yellow Army etc. or have you conveniently forgot they

were sung so you can have a go at them nasty noisy people in the

corner.