Sign in to follow this  
Chris Harvey

Scandinavians Coming Good !

I believe helveg had his best game in a norwich shirt against liverpool and that jonson is getting better and better with every game ! They just needed to get used to fast flowing ! What does anyone else think of them ???

Helveg is the most composed footballer we have now. No panicking, no flapping. His touches to get himself out of trouble were sublime, and his refusal to waste possession was exemplary.

Simon Charlton played terribly - but after all his performances this season, he''s forgiven!

helveg was outstanding on monday, really showed his class. could now challenge eddie for his shirt back!!

jonson for me is probaly our most committed player, this guy loves getting stuck in (must have a massive headache this week).  you can talk bout mckenzie being committed for sure but jonson is loving the prem and has really developed.

hope this progress continues!!!

PS riley is a tosser

You could tell helveg was a quailty player from ball 1 the only reason he struggled at the start was adjusting to the pace of the english game , the time he seems to have on the ball is amazing if i was the manger i would pick him ahead of eddy don get me wrong eddy has played well but in comparison eddy runs around like a headless chicken where as helveg just seems to have bags of time. 

Yes, if they had played as they are now from day one, many of our draws would have been turned into wins,

But there you go, another lesson learned with regards to importing foreign players into the Premiership. We have to be in a position to afford them settling in time.

Was especially impressed with Jonson yesterday, even with a bandaged head he really got stuck in! Also thought Helveg looked good too.

i do agree that jonson is looking better but forgive me for thinking that it''s not enough. he shows effort -- yes. as does leon. it shows and we fans love seeing effort. but many times, i feel like his efforts result in little reward.

when i watch him, i feel like i''m watching someone who is like train. takes a long time to accelerate. once at top speed, little ability to turn or slow down quickly. jonson is very predictable and rarely produces that piece of innovation that can break down defences and score goals. only bentley and huckerby have shown the ability to do that this season on any almost regular basis.

i think helveg is looking great. i like what he''s doing now. he''s still getting used to the pace but he''s getting there.

the pick of the bunch for me against liverpool was francis. he acted like a PREMIERSHIP player..and not just a player showing guts and effort and trying his best to compete. he CAN compete. and he shows it. he tackled well. he held the midfield well. and he ran forward at the right times very well supporting leon when needed. the truth is that is what he is SUPPOSED to do and frankly, we don''t have nearly enough players who are playing at the level that is needed to survive in the Premiership.

Understand what you say about his pace/running around etc NYC, but yesterday the pass to Jarvis and the through ball to Bentley (just offside) were the most incisive defence splitting/opening creating passes anyone made. That''ll do for me - especially when allied to the effort and willingness to get hurt for the cause.

They are both finally getting upto speed - Jonson was my man of the match on Monday and it is not just because he had a bandage on his head!!!! and Helveg looked very solid at right back - now they just have to improve their passing side of the game and then we will be looking at two great signings - really sad that Sven got injuered - he was just coming good... Agree with the comment about bedding in foreign imports - hopefully Worthy will learn this for next time.

The pass that assisted Jarvis''s goal (Canary Goal of the Season I bet) was beautiful, but it shows that it takes two to make a great pass - Jarvis made exactly the right run. Just gorgeous, the whole move, ripping apart a world-class back line.

Jonson is a real asset, and will get better, I''m sure. I feel that some of our best players - Hucks, Helveg, Jonson, Safri - haven''t quite found their place in the jigsaw yet, where they can relax and play their best football. Others, like Charlton and Francis, do look right where they''re playing now (OK Charlton had a bad game yesterday).

I think the jury is still out on Helvig - and quite probably it won''t be guilty verdict.

As for Jonson he has been getting better each and every game.  If he continues to improve at the rate he has over the last 3 or 4 games he could turn out to be a major, major, influence on our season.

His grit and determination on Monday were exemplarary and he is now beginning to show more quality - certainly he now looks like he "belongs"