Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Manchester City - Tunnel Camera

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/manchester-city-the-8-best-tunnel-cam-moments/

Each game Man City run a camera inside the tunnel before, during and after the game. Interesting to watch and gives an idea what it will be like minutes before kick-off for Lambert and co. surrounded by media and world-class football players.

they have it on the official MCFC site after every home game. it`s strangely addictive!. it`s always much the same but very watchable nonetheless.

As i am in marketing i find this very interesting. The whole social side of marketing Manchester CIty is the best i have seen from a football club. They have worked all the channels incredibly well and have got the desired result of being addicted to watching small clips about Man CIty. Has it made any of our Norwich fans though who watch it consider supporting Man City games when they watch on TV when they are playing other teams apart from ourselves?

can i just point out that though i love the tunnel cam, i am a manchester city supporter. you are right about the marketing and presentation though imo. the website is superb compared to every other one i`ve seen. most have the same `template` as norwich, city`s is full of video content, it even live streams many reserve games and youth team matches live for free. it did cost a lot of money to set up though, but you get what you pay for i suppose!. for those of you going up on saturday btw, there`s quite a bit going on around the ground pre-match, should be a good day out!.

Yes if i didn''t have my business i would like to work within marketing for a football club there is so much you can do that hasn''t been done before. Our shirt campaign however this summer was top notch too. Man City shits all over bigger marketed clubs currently though such as Real Madrid and Manchester United.

Unfortunately, it''s still Man City when all is said and done. They might buy success this season, but they will always be the second club in Manchester, I''m afraid.

"Unfortunately, it''s still Man City when all is said and done. They might buy success this season, but they will always be the second club in Manchester, I''m afraid."

classy reply in a thread started by a canary fan just giving a little praise where it`s due to another club for an innovative idea. don`t let the green eyed monster eat you up.

That is really interesting concept. I was surprised how many of the players were friendly with the opposition. I know they might be fellow internationals etc, but perhaps I am used to the pre game rugby psyche, of the ''who blinks first'' loses fraternity. It''s all in the mind!!!