Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Manchester City v Norwich City

Manchester City: Hart, Richards, Kompany, Kolo, Clichy, Yaya, Barry, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko.Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Savic, De Jong, Milner, A. Johnson, Balotelli.Norwich City: Ruddy, Naughton, Martin, Barnett, Tierney, Johnson, Crofts, Surman,

Pilkington, Bennett, Morison. Subs: Rudd, Whitbread, Holt, Jackson, Hoolahan, Fox, Wilbraham.Match coverage here

Oh good, a full strength Man City.  I suppose that''s a compliment but let''s come back to that at 5pm. Surman needs to man up today.  Good to see Wibrahamovic on the bench.

Back to the five-man midfield then. Wonder who gets to play behind Morison in the Wes role?  Maybe Pilks or Surman.

I agree with the team selection, Fox has been very good so far, but last season Crofts was amazing and he deserves a chance in this great game.

OTBC!

The bus is well and truly parked. We''re doing well, it has to be said.  You can hear Culverhouse and Lambert barking instructions at the defensive and midfield lines to move up together. When we drop too deep it''s a bit nervy.There are glimpses on the counter attack though.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

What''s wrong with Plan A - restrict them to 1 goal for 85 minutes then bring on Holt for the equalizer

[/quote]Would be great , but they''re not gonna take their foot of the gass are they?

My exact reaction, FFS...

Iknow those sort of free kicks can be dangerous, but that one didn''t look like it was gonna cause trouble...

Please keep this under 4...

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I see Anelka has put in a transfer request.  He''d keep us in the Prem[:)][/quote]

Not so sure he would to be hinest, hes a long way past his best...

That''s the game gone I feel. Absolute howler from Ruddy, basic free kick without average pace, nobody touches it yet Ruddy''s judgement was all over the place and it just bounced in.

Time to bring on Wes and Holt, give them the opportunity to stake a claim to start next week?

[quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I see Anelka has put in a transfer request.  He''d keep us in the Prem[:)][/quote]

Not so sure he would to be hinest, hes a long way past his best...

[/quote]

Honest [:$]

Every blimmin game we gift the opposition a goal.I will undoubtedly be shot down but this is exactly why Ruddy isn''t ever going to be a great keeper - he can''t deal with crosses, it''s as his feet seem almost nailed to his goal line. 

Isn''t really surprising to be honest, unfortunately.

Maybe Holt and Hoolahan can give us a bit of something extra going forward and we can get a goal or two even if Man.C score a couple more...

Wes and Holt both ready to come on, good idea personally. We''ve not created an awful lot going forward today apart from Morison creating his own chances and a long ball from Barnett to Bennett.

Real opportunity for these 2 to now prove why they should start next week.

[quote user="NauruDude"]Ruddy not good enough for the Prem I''ve always said. Shocking keeper.Bring in Craig Gordon. Just something else than Ruddy[/quote]