Sign in to follow this  
Tony Moore

Travelling to Man City tomorrow

I''m travelling with my son tomorrow to see City play Man City. This time (we''ve got away season tickets) we''re going via the A47, M62 (since we''re fed up with getting stuck on the M6 with regular accidents). What''s the best place to stop en route after about 1.5 - 2 hours.

Tony

[quote user="Tony Moore"]I''m travelling with my son tomorrow to see City play Man City. This time (we''ve got away season tickets) we''re going via the A47, M62 (since we''re fed up with getting stuck on the M6 with regular accidents). What''s the best place to stop en route after about 1.5 - 2 hours.

Tony[/quote]Thetford.

I believe the club canary coaches are stopping off at Ferrybridge services If that''s any use to you, they are just on the M62 so perhaps a bit further than your 2 hours?

in around 2 hours you`ll be near newark, just about to join the A1 if that`s the way you are going, there`s a big roundabout just as you join the A1 which has various services, but isn`t up to much, there are a couple of cafes a few miles back near cranwell, which aren`t supposed to be too bad. whenever i do the trip, i do it in one hot, once you get on the A1 then m62 you really make progress. don`t know what time you are leaving, but why not wait til you get there ?. which junction are you using off the M62 just out of interest?.

Thanks for the helpful replies (not sure about Thetford though!!!). We''re leaving at 7.30am. Our plan (using the AA Route Planner which is quite good) is to leave the M62 at Junction 20, onto the A627(M), onto the A663, then onto the A62. We will probably aim to park somewhere off the A62, before we get to the roundabout onto the A6010.