Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Players out of contract in 2012 - perhaps a Jan bargain?

Ok, so i was just thinking about the inflated prices for players in Jan, perhaps a cheaper option would be to make a bid for a player out of contract in the summer. I found this website that aparantly lists the out of contract players.http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics.htmlI have compiled a small list from looking at it of players who are realistic and I think would add something to our squadPrem players:Hugo Rodallega - wigan, strikerMaynor Figueroa - wigan, defenderBen Foster - west brom, GKCraig Gordon - sunderland, GKAndy Johnson - fulham, strikerDavid Hoilett - blakcburn, striker (would be an awesome signing)Champ players:Rob Green, West HamHérita Ilunga, doncaster, defenderJulien Faubert, west ham, midfielderGelson Fernandes, leicester, midfielder

Gonzalo Jara, Brighten, defenderNicky Maynard, Bristol, StrikerMichael Johnson, leicester, midfielderDavid Stockdale, Ipshit, GKJulien Faubert, Westham, midfielderI cant be bothered to trawl any other leagues, and i don''t know as much about the players, but there are a few gems among the bunch mentioned that would do a job for us

for me hoilett would be as good signing, tho bigger teams probably looking at him.

nicky maynard would be good, as would michael johnson imo

May be wrong, but think there have been rumours around linking Hoilett to Spurs. He certainly seems good enough to play for one of the bigger teams.

[quote user="priceyrice"]Ok, so i was just thinking about the inflated prices for players in Jan, perhaps a cheaper option would be to make a bid for a player out of contract in the summer. I found this website that aparantly lists the out of contract players.http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics.htmlI have compiled a small list from looking at it of players who are realistic and I think would add something to our squadPrem players:Ben Foster - west brom, GKChamp players:Gelson Fernandes, leicester, midfielder

Michael Johnson, leicester, midfielderI cant be bothered to trawl any other leagues, and i don''t know as much about the players, but there are a few gems among the bunch mentioned that would do a job for us[/quote]These guys are all on season long loans so can''t be transferred until the summer. I think WBA have an agreement in place for Ben Foster already aswell.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="priceyrice"]Ok, so i was just thinking about the inflated prices for players in Jan, perhaps a cheaper option would be to make a bid for a player out of contract in the summer. I found this website that aparantly lists the out of contract players.http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics.htmlI have compiled a small list from looking at it of players who are realistic and I think would add something to our squadPrem players:Ben Foster - west brom, GKChamp players:Gelson Fernandes, leicester, midfielder

Michael Johnson, leicester, midfielderI cant be bothered to trawl any other leagues, and i don''t know as much about the players, but there are a few gems among the bunch mentioned that would do a job for us[/quote]These guys are all on season long loans so can''t be transferred until the summer. I think WBA have an agreement in place for Ben Foster already aswell.[/quote]cheers for that, i assumed some of them on the list were loans.Hoilet would be awesome, but as some have said, ''bigger'' clubs will be lookin at him.Slightly weird if the baggies do have a deal in place for Foster, they could be championship next year

Prem players:Maynor Figueroa - wigan, defender - Wouldn''t mind having him.David Hoilett - blakcburn, striker (would be an awesome signing) - AGREE, guess hes bound for a big club though.Julien Faubert, west ham, midfielder - Was borderline French international when West Ham bought him and rated very highly, many injuries though have set him back, could be good.Gelson Fernandes, leicester, midfielder - Was good at Man City.Nicky Maynard, Bristol, Striker - Great on his day.Michael Johnson, leicester, midfielder - Yes, please.Bundesliga:Salihovic (Hoffenheim), Pizarro (Wolfsburg), Progrebnyac (Stuttgart), Boulahrouz (stuttgart), Borowski (Wolfsburg), Zidan (Dortmund)La Liga:McDonald Mariga (Soceidad), Pedro Leon (Getafe), Uche (Granada)Ligue 1:Jelen (Lille), Sinama-Pongolle (Saint-Etienne), Wass (Evian), Doubt we will sign any of them. Most so old.

[quote user="NauruDude"]Prem players:Maynor Figueroa - wigan, defender - Wouldn''t mind having him.David Hoilett - blakcburn, striker (would be an awesome signing) - AGREE, guess hes bound for a big club though.Julien Faubert, west ham, midfielder - Was borderline French international when West Ham bought him and rated very highly, many injuries though have set him back, could be good.Gelson Fernandes, leicester, midfielder - Was good at Man City.Nicky Maynard, Bristol, Striker - Great on his day.Michael Johnson, leicester, midfielder - Yes, please.Bundesliga:Salihovic (Hoffenheim), Pizarro (Wolfsburg), Progrebnyac (Stuttgart), Boulahrouz (stuttgart), Borowski (Wolfsburg), Zidan (Dortmund)La Liga:McDonald Mariga (Soceidad), Pedro Leon (Getafe), Uche (Granada)Ligue 1:Jelen (Lille), Sinama-Pongolle (Saint-Etienne), Wass (Evian), Doubt we will sign any of them. Most so old.[/quote]Salihovic is out of contract, yes damn please!! Only because he has lead my city team to the prem title past 2 years running on FM. No in all seriousness he is quality, think Wes needs the competition too.Maybe Boulahrouz too from that german list, tough tackler if i am thinking about the right guy

Personally would love to see:

Prem players:

Hugo Rodallega - wigan, striker - Have always admired him and think he''d do well here

Ben Foster - west brom, GK - I have no problem with Ruddy or Rudd but just think this lad is a different class

David Hoilett - blakcburn, striker - Really would be fantastic! Big handful and think would get us a few goals. May be looking for an escape from a struggling side as well.

Champ players:

Julien Faubert, Westham, midfielder - Add a little bit of strength to the midfield and another option. No big deal if we don''t get a midfielder though.

"These guys are all on season long loans so can''t be transferred until the summer."Wrong. Season-long loan players can be transferred during the January transfer window.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]"These guys are all on season long loans so can''t be transferred until the summer."

Wrong. Season-long loan players can be transferred during the January transfer window.
[/quote]

Ben Foster will be staying at west brom, His wage demand would put that one out the window as do most of the players on that list, 

[quote user="tom cavendish"]"These guys are all on season long loans so can''t be transferred until the summer."

Wrong. Season-long loan players can be transferred during the January transfer window.
[/quote]

Only if the club who the player is on loan to agree to terminate the loan early.