Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Andrews (Currently on Loan at Scum)

According to somebody on Twitter (I know it''s probably rubbish, but I''ll post anyway), he had talks with us before their game vs Watford about coming here on a perm in January. I don''t personally believe it, but will post it on here anyway!

[quote user="ryan1992"]According to somebody on Twitter (I know it''s probably rubbish, but I''ll post anyway), he had talks with us before their game vs Watford about coming here on a perm in January. I don''t personally believe it, but will post it on here anyway![/quote]

Never heared of him

Decent player to be fair, good experience and pops up with the odd goal.

As I''m sure a few people will remember, Lambert was watching Ipswich a few weeks back and Andrews was probably the only established senior player who would have been of any interest.

He wouldn''t be the exciting multi-million pound signing that many would hope for but he would strengthen our squad.

[quote user="Prem1"]In his 30''s and not very experienced Premiership wise , Ince took him with him from M.K Dons when he got the managers job and he has rarely featured for Blackburn .
[/quote]

Thats probably why I''ve never heared of him

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="ryan1992"]According to somebody on Twitter (I know it''s probably rubbish, but I''ll post anyway), he had talks with us before their game vs Watford about coming here on a perm in January. I don''t personally believe it, but will post it on here anyway![/quote]

Never heared of him

[/quote]

Keith Andrews. Played for Oxford, Stoke, Wallsall, Wolves, Hull and MK Dons, then went with Ince to Blackburn, started a lot of games for 2 years, then injuries forced him to miss a lot of games last year, and now at Ipswich. He is a ROI international. http://www.itfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10272~11754,00.html

From recollection he''s got some quality about him on the ball but is quite slow. Maybe has the ability to play at this level but would need an athletic partner along side him. if he''s free then maybe worth a punt if only to take one of the sc*ms better players off them!

[quote user="Prem1"]In his 30''s and not very experienced Premiership wise , Ince took him with him from M.K Dons when he got the managers job and he has rarely featured for Blackburn . [/quote]rarely played for blackburn... apps            goals33               432               15                 0

The guy who posted the information claims to be a Sports Journalist and is obvioulsy an 1p5wich fan. Here is a few of his tweets...

"Andrews held talks with Norwich City prior to our defeat to Watford regarding a permanent move in January"

"My initial reaction when I received news? Nonplussed... Take away KA''s goals and there''s a very limited footballer there"

"I feel his goals have very much clouded his overall performances for he''s been very average for me."

"I can see why they''d want him for squad depth though. Although I certainly think his overall game is vastly overrated"

"was told in very good confidence yesterday lunchtime, source I cannot name but I expect it to break soon"

To be honest, I know hardly anything about Keith Andrews and we all know how many players we get linked with that never materialises. However, Lambert was at Portman Road a while back and we were all wondering what he was doing there, some thought he was watching Coventry''s striker ( not Cody McDonald [:P] ) but maybe it was Keith Andrews he was watching. I''m not excited about this potential signing at all, but then as I say, I know very little about him. In Lambert I trust.