Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week thirteen of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. The number 13 maybe “unlucky for some” but I have a feeling it’s going to be lucky for us. Because this week we have former champion Mr. Bump in charge and making the final selections. Mr. Bump won our PUPs League two years ago with an incredible 39-40 98% record. He is well on his way towards repeating that with 12-12 100% so far this season. In fact overall Mr Bump’s record is 113-129 88% which is amazingly consistent picking. The final selections look to be in really safe hands this week.

Mr. Bump still needs you PUPs to be in top form if he is to get his name onto Ray’s signature. Don’t forget we are asking for your very best “nap” selection. The result that you think is most likely this weekend. Remember we can only consider matches that are listed by Bet365 for the final selections. This is imperative because I will be placing the bets there online. Bet365 website is here but you can just as easily check by using our old favourite odds checker.com. If you’re unsure ask on the thread and I’m sure one of us can help you.

Don’t forget our Christmas meet is on Friday 9th December. That’s just over a week away. It should be a good party between us PUPs and some of the regular away fans. There will be a small buffet, music and my buddy Martin has prepared a quiz. (TV I think). If you need more details just get in touch with me our good friend Lapp. All PUPs old and new are very welcome.

Ill hand the thread over to Mr Bump now. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Brandon ... the free bet is yours.......[:)]......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, yes Norfolkchance1 £1433 for the Academy,so far.

Tough week this one but if anyone has a chance to take some money from the bookies it has to be Mr Bump

My pick this week is Manchester city  v Norwich city  -  Home win

I''ll be watching the game surrounded by thousands of Man city fans as my seat for the game is in with them after having a meal and drinks at the ground pre match, the only thing that could make a spanking less painful is knowing that my pick for the week is right. Of course in the event my pick is no good and we manage to get anything i''d be even happier and probably ejected before the end of the game, wonder if a bookie will run a book on what time into the 90 mins I get told to leave

I''m going for my old friends THE NEW SAINTS to beat Bryntirion in the Welsh Cup this week.TNS are top of the Welsh league.  Bryntirion are 4th in the league below and TNS will be keen to win given their 2 biggest rivals for the cup are playing each other.

Spurs to continue their superb form.

Spurs have won 9 of their last 10 and are on fire!

Bolton have won 1 of their last 5 and lost the rest!

Spurs at home 4-0-1

Bolton away 2-0-4

No, no scrap the above, just seen Spurs have a game tonight! No infact let me see the team that plays for spurs and ill stick with the above if kids play.

Germany 2nd Division.

EINTRACHT FRANKURT     v  Karlsruher SC                          HOME WIN

10-5-1                                            3-3-10

Good luck Mr Bump and all PUPS[Y]

A Sunday offering from Belgium for me this week and

Anderlecht v OH Leuven - Home Win

Anderlecht are top (W6 D1 L0 F22 A6 home), Leuven are 5th bottom (W1 D0 L7 F5 A18 away)

Best of luck Mr Bump, and of course all you PUPs.

While a big fan of Paul McCartney''s solo work, I always really disliked "Mull of Kintyre" because it had bagpipes in it.  This is clearly an omen that Rangers will put Dunfermline in their place this weekend.  Maggie May the force be with you all.

Ajax to beat Excelsior please.

Ajax are in fourth, and unbeaten at home. Excelsior are second bottom and are winless away.

Ajax have not played in midweek so should be fresh. The corresponding fixture last year ended 4-1 to Ajax.

Best of luck Bump!

Off to Germany this week

SCHALKE 04  -v- Augsburg HOME WIN

Schalke are 5-0-2 18-8 at home   Augsburg are 1-2-4 5-13 away

Good Luck Mr Bump and all you Lovely PUPs[:)]

Italy hasn''t been great for me in the past, but top of the table Juve (4-2-0 at home) against second bottom Cesena (1-0-4 away) looks too good to miss.

Juventus HOME win for me please.

Good luck Mr Bump and all Pups and hopefully we''ll see some of you at the Darren Huckerby night next Wednesday![Y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Spurs to continue their superb form.

Spurs have won 9 of their last 10 and are on fire!

Bolton have won 1 of their last 5 and lost the rest!

Spurs at home 4-0-1

Bolton away 2-0-4

No, no scrap the above, just seen Spurs have a game tonight! No infact let me see the team that plays for spurs and ill stick with the above if kids play.

[/quote]

Forget that! Spurs have got Bale, Lennon, Modric, Defoe etc all playing and they are playing at crazy high tempo. Billy at Dixmar said very few teams who play midweek go on to win in their domestic leagues the weekend ahead so i''ll stick with that. Watch spurs win 4/5-0 :)!

Instead i''ll go for an FA Cup tie.

Sheffield Wednesday are at home to Aldershot.

Sheff weds are 8-1-0 at home in the league...

...and...

aldershot are 4-1-5 away from home.

Good luck bumpers! SHEFF WEDS vs Aldershot -  Home win!!

Good Luck Mr Bump and all PUP''s

Scottish Division 3 for me this week, bottom at home to top...

East Stirling (1-1-5-5-13) v Annan Athletic (3-2-1-9-8) - Away Win

I''m off to Scotland which is normally a bad move, but I''m going to risk Rangers v Dunfermiline home win. Good luck Mr Bump.

Good evening Nutty,good luck Mr B and to all you other PUPs out there.

FA Cup for me this week and a HOME WIN please for CRAWLEY TOWN v Redbridge.

FA Cup for me this week

League 2 Crawley should have too much for Ryman League Div 1 North Redbridge

Crawley vs Redbridge - Home Win

Good luck everyone, especially Mr Bump

Is it just me or is it a really difficult week to pick? I normally go to Spain, Germany or Italy for my pick but there is nothing I fancy this week. But I have found this from Belguim.

Anderlecht (Home record P7 W6 D1 L0 F22 A6) vs OH Leuven (Away record P8 W1 D0 L7 F5 A18). So my pick this week is a home win for Anderlecht.

Good luck Mr Bump.

Stevenage to win at Stourbridge in the FA Cup for me this week. Stevenage have took to League 1 really well and should have too much for their non league opponents.

Good Luck Mr Bump and all pickers and lets make it 3 out of 4!

I''m going to have to go for a Man.C win as well, its a win-win situation, If they win then thats a win for me on here, and if we manage to get anything from the game then that would just be amazing.

Manchester City vs Norwich City- home win.

Good luck :)

Seeing as Germany let me down last week I''ll stay closer to home with -

Wigan v ARSENAL - Away Win - 4/7

Tut tut tut ginger pele! haha i was going to suggest an away win in the game, someone has to break Man City''s home record, must be about time norwich got a clean sheet away win....! Odds might be pretty good as well. However what i''ll actually go for is;

Walsall v Charlton AWAY WIN

Walsall struggling to keep goals out and Charlton on the back of winning against Hudderfield should be on a high to maintain their top of the league momentum, plus as its away odds might be slightly better.

I''m going Spurs to beat Bolton at Home, Bolton are poor & i expect Spurs to give them a good hiding after yesterday''s poor result in Europe

going to chuck my 2 pennth in.TV game, potato field pitch, bad weather... FC totton to beat Bristol Rovers in the FA cup on sunday

Thanks for all your brilliant naps so far, keep them coming! I''ll post my final selections on Friday night. [:)]My personal pick this week is also Anderlecht to beat OH Leuven

After last nights defeat to the Greeks, I fully expect Spurs to be up for continuing their good League form with a home win against Notlob - Notlob being a palindrome of Bolton of course - remember that from Monty Pythons?How about the following palindrome: ''ssel warts not tarts'' - well it''s nearly ''sell warts not tarts'' so close enough.