Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

"Its looking like Ashton and Bent are out of our price range" you don't say!

So after doing alot of homework, watching the players, and coming to the conclusion that they are excellent players...Worthy is shocked to find that the players are out of our price range.

..you don''t bloody well say!

Lets look at this in another way...

In the summer Spurs had a 2 million bid for Dean Ashton rejected. Since the summer Ashton has become the leading marksman in the country, with a host of top flight clubs after him. So on what grounds does Worthy think we would be able to get him for less than 2 million???

Charlton had a bid of 3 million rejected for Bent in the pre-season, at the time Ipswich were broke, with an uncertain future. Since then, Bent has played well for the under 21''s and Ipswich, who at this time are top of the division, pushing for the Premiership, so why on earth would they sell him to their bitter rivals for 1.5 million???

Surely the scouts need to be told how much Nigel has got to spend, and then look at players accordingly.

I''m waiting for the next Nigel quote of " we have watched Thierry Henry closely and believe him to fit the bill....unfortunately he seems slightly out of Norwich Citys price range" :-)

The scouts could always go to Attleborough & watch  City womens team if they still play there. We could do with a long legged blonde with huge knockers on the pitch to distract our oponents,although we do already have a couple of big tits play for us at present

You''re missing the point Robbo, I''m sure the scouts know how much we''ve got to spend but if it was made public knowledge we''d never get a ''bargain'' Regarding Ashton and Bent, Worthington''s comments were in response to media questions about those players. I think he handled those questions with diplomacy (in saying he admired them, that he''d love to bring them here but that he couldn''t afford them) sending the message that he''d do a deal.....but only on our terms! Given the way he prised Hucks from Man City on our terms shouldn''t we wait to see what materialises over the next few weeks?....You might be pleasantly surprised.

[quote]You''re missing the point Robbo, I''m sure the scouts know how much we''ve got to spend but if it was made public knowledge we''d never get a ''bargain'' Regarding Ashton and Bent, Worthington''s comments we...[/quote]

Somehow i doubt it but would like to be proved wrong.

Worthy stop window shopping at harrods and get yourself to QD man......you are making us a laughing stock

Why not give Worthington the benefit of the doubt, he may be using Bent and Ashton as a smokescreen while looking in other directions for players.

After all those two players are not the be all and end all of strikers, look how Spurs paid silly money for  Bobby Zamora and did Cardiff get their moneys worth with Alan Lee ? With over half the season gone Bent''s goal scoring has just made double figures in a micky mouse league. Last season, in only 18 appearances, Leon scored nine goals and he cost a tenth of what Ipswich think they can get for Bent.

See im not sure of this topic of how much money Worthy has got to spend. Its common knowledge it is 1.2 million but behind the scenes he might have more he is just bluffing to other clubs and to the fans so the fans might be surprised if we bring someone llke Ashton to the club which no-one really expects anymore. Take last year everyone thought Hucks was out of our price range and we didnt have any money to spend but on Boxing Day we splashed out 750k on him to everyones surprise and i think Worthy has got something like this up his sleeve.