Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Morison's Body Language

Perhaps it was just the match situation and the frustration of being outclassed by Man City. But I couldn''t help feel that Steve Morison looked a bit fed up. He''s had a great start to the season and is now scoring goals as well as providing great hold up play. Does anyone else agree that perhaps he feels he can now do better than NCFC and play in a better team? His body language just looked all wrong on Saturday. I know he has to conserve energy in a lone striking role but he just didn''t seems to have the same all-action, chase all lost causes attitude that he did at the start of the season. Perhaps this is an instruction from PL - not to knacker himself out chasing shadows. It just felt like the midfield were doing a hell of a lot of donkey work and he was just strolling around looking grumpy. Even when Holt came on to support him there seemed to be a lot of eye rolling an shoulder shrugging. I hope our young hungry striker, plucked from obscurity isn''t developing into a medium time Charlie at little ol'' Norwich.

This used to worry me but if you watch him he is like that in every game. I had a argument with one of my mates earlier in the season when i said I thought he looked lazy against Sunderland. i think he just has a sort of languid style and his natural body language is quite hang dog. I think it appears even more pronounced as we are so used to Holty charging around all over the place. Morison doesn;t do that. He conserves his energy more than Holt and I think can be a bit sulky if things are not going our way but he has still put in a tremendous shift for the team in just about every game this season.

A more important question is; Would Lambert allow a player with an attitude problem start for the Club, would he allow any of his squad to become a ''big time charlie''.... frankly I think the answser is no. And to be honest I think its good that Morrison seems upset when we lose, it would speak more of his attitude if he didnt. Hes desperate to do well and is winner like any professional sportsman and so hates losing!

If he is angling for a move at this stage of the season best he can hope for is maybe Everton or Villa, certainly not one of top 7, Moro needs to get his decision making right before he will be really top player.  A heavy touch Man C, also at Chelsea needs to be clinical and take on these chances.  Learn your trade first, walk before you run!

Wouldn''t you be a bit frustrated if you had absolutely no service, the other 10 players behind you were parked on the edge of your box and the only chances you had were of your own making within the first 10 minutes?!

Second half he looked much more lively when Holt and Hoolahan came on, and rightfully got another fine goal. Hopefully Lambert has realised we can''t leave him so exposed and unhelped upfront.

For those questioning his body language, it was exactly the same when he was playing for Wales the other day and getting very little service. Of course it''s frustrating, you don''t want to be running around like a headless chicken chasing the ball down for 90 minutes..

The best thing he needs is a strike partner, he has been isolated.

I think he is a fantastic forward, who has proved he has what it takes to score and be handful in this division. When you read his interviews, he hurts when he is not scoring and he hurts when the team underperforming a little. For me he can lead our line all season, this weekend I hope he has a strike partner who can give him a few more chances at goal. He is doing a job, what he is told to do... for the good of the team. You can''t judge from the man city game it is those games against those around us. QPR centre halves had a tough afternoon against Moriosn, flicking on for jackson and then his involvement in Holts goal proves his desire.

I just think the sooner we get 2 upfront the better.

Note to Lambert, must only sign players who smile alot and charge around with their chest puffed out/or skip about the field like an 8 year old school girl.

He''s my POTS so far...easy.

I couldn''t give a fudge if he looks despondent at times...he''s a class act and knows how to conserve his energy as he needs lots of it playing alone upfront.

I''m also pleased most people on this forum and this thread agree as the ones who don''t have obviously never played the game seriously (barring their The Sun''s "fantasy football/dream team" or Fifa 2012).

I have a Millwall supporter mate who goes to all home games and he forewarned me that his body language would be like that.

He added that it did put a lot of their supporters off him. He''s not the finished article but Lambo Culverhouse will develop him into a handy Premier player.

I just hope he isn''t asked to plough a another lonely furrow on Saturday.

Ok he has scored some goals and has played well on the whole.However, you don''t get that many chances in this division and there have been several occasions where his heavy touch has lost us and him a good opportunity to score.I don''t mind his body language - I think its his first/second touch that needs work.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ok he has scored some goals and has played well on the whole.

However, you don''t get that many chances in this division and there have been several occasions where his heavy touch has lost us and him a good opportunity to score.

I don''t mind his body language - I think its his first/second touch that needs work.

[/quote]

....and running into space to make an outlet for a midfield under the cosh.  Plenty for him to work on yet!!!!

Yes thats correct a wonder volley v blackburn , a goal in open play v arsenal and 3 headers against sunderland, man city and villa so that''s MORE headed goals, that''s where I get that crap from. Most of his chances have been with his head. He has hardly tested the keeper with his feet but that probably has more to do with the formation.

With respect, I think this thread might more appropriately have been named "Body Language", broadening the subject and debating whether any of us have detected changes in body language of our players over the campaign to date. For myself, I particularly would like to state there could be no clearer demonstration of poor body language than was demonstrated by Wes Hoolahan in the game against Manchester City. If I were Paul Lambert I might have had a quiet word with him regarding the foolishness of trying to escape from two Manchester players when in a tight defensive spot. However, my words for him would not have been quiet at all in the body language he displayed after he lost the ball and left the opposition to run off with the ball. For that little demonstration I would sit him on his bum for a couple of games until he showed me and his team mates in training that he understands the error of his ways.  

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]I think hes been class this season. I hope he stays, but who would blame him if he left ! Non League to Prem in two seasons, good work IMO.

[/quote]

Morison might look a bit dis-interested at times and, shall we say, disinclined, but Ted MacDougall had it off to a fine art and makes Morison look a vertiable Jimmy Bullard!

Last home game Mori and Holty were having a right go at each other and then Wes got involved.

The one thing we do have is a TEAM unlike a lot of the other tier two Prem teams who have the odd 2-3 big money has beens and some part players.

Morison has arguably been our best player so far this season. How anyone could question his commitment, or think he should be dropped for the next game, is beyond me! He was frustrated last game because he had little support from midfield and could not keep hold of the ball long enough to create opportunities, or get them for himself. The only chance he got was following a big mistake from Kolo Toure.

He has been as sharp as a knife in the past 6 games, please keep going Morison!

The way I see it we have three good goalscorers at the moment - Holt, Morison, Pilkington. Surely a way has to be found to accomodate these three every week if at all possible.  They all are learning at this level and so far to me the player that''s improved the most is......wait for it.......Holt.He has had the steepest climb to make. He''s not the sopring chicken that the others and he was clearly off the pace at the start of the season. Having said that he has come back and shown to us and perhaps himself that he can do it at this level.  I like Morison too - would love to see both of them play again for a whole 90 minutes with Pilks and Bennett providing the width.  If the team isn''t up to coping with that then at least I can see us being more of a threat up front. It''s common sense - isn''t it?