Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw.

Slightly disappointed - not because I wanted a "big" game or anything, not really fussed about the cups. But I wanted something more midlands way for a nice easy-to-get-to (for me!) away game.

Oh well.

should be a win lets have a little cup run for a change, can''t see it though as staying up is much more important

Think as it is a great draw, competitive team Burnley. Remember they came looking for Lambert last year so we can have a little fun.

Just gives us an opportunity to give some of the lads on the bench, Rudd, Korey and those that may get injured over the busy December period to get some match practice. If we win then great, but it is very much second fiddle, survival is the only thing that matters. That means as much rest as the players can get with weeks off with the cup weekends and no opportunities to play a competitive game where injuries can hamper our season. Yes injuries can come anytime but cup games can bring a different intensity.

So a good draw, a home draw. But I am not even looking that far ahead, points now are important and then like I said those in and around the forst team squad can get a competitive game.

This is not a good draw in my view.Burnley will be awkward and are currently running into a decent run of form.Unless the Club judge the pricing structure correctly i hardly think the ticket office phone lines will be red hot and many season ticket holders will not bother to buy their seat for this one.[:|]

Tilly I agree I am not going, not bothered about the cup.

If they are in good form then fine, it is still a long way off. We will have players who will want to make a point. Glad it wasn''t another prem. team or West Ham (ala last prem season).

So I just see it as an exercise, similar to a closed doors game. It is just for fitness and players proving themselves. QPR is the game the weekend before a much more important game, where they will not have brought in any new players by that point. It is an opportunity to get 6 points from our two meetings with them.

There won''t be 24,000 for it anyway, the fans want premiership football. In regard to our goal it gets in the way, but in regard to our squad and individual personnel it is great. Not a shopping window for our players, but can''t see that being a problem.

[quote user="smooth"]

If they are in good form then fine, it is still a long way off. We will have players who will want to make a point. Glad it wasn''t another prem. team or West Ham (ala last prem season).

So I just see it as an exercise, similar to a closed doors game. It is just for fitness and players proving themselves. QPR is the game the weekend before a much more important game, where they will not have brought in any new players by that point. It is an opportunity to get 6 points from our two meetings with them.

There won''t be 24,000 for it anyway, the fans want premiership football. In regard to our goal it gets in the way, but in regard to our squad and individual personnel it is great. Not a shopping window for our players, but can''t see that being a problem.

[/quote]I see.  Now we''re in the Prem we can forget everything else can we?  That''s just the reason why I''ve hated the attitude of some Prem league fans in the past.  Yes, its critical that we remain in this league if we can but its not the be all and end all.  There''s a lot more to Norwich City and football in this country than the Prem.  A good run in the Cup would be good for confidence, the cash flow and give us a chance of Wembley.  Unlike some of you I can''t wait for the game and hopefully, given what some of you have said, it shouldn''t be too difficult for me to get a ticket for my daughter for this one.  Supporting the Club is more than just the Prem - I would have thought Tilly at least would be on board with that given his age!!!

Well, judging by what happened in the Carling Cup this season against MK Dons I''ll be surprised if anybody turns up; especially if they would have to pay.

But I guess they could have free entry for schoolkids like on the last day of Cricket Test Matches..........

OTBC

OTBC

[quote user="TIL 1010"]This is not a good draw in my view.Burnley will be awkward and are currently running into a decent run of form.Unless the Club judge the pricing structure correctly i hardly think the ticket office phone lines will be red hot and many season ticket holders will not bother to buy their seat for this one.[:|][/quote]Agree with you Tilly.Most years we end up with a '' nothing '' draw in the Cup and I expect Burnley fans feel the same about us too. That said they''ll bring a fair few fans for a good day out and will fancy their chances of at least getting us back to their place. Nothing much to look forward to in this match for Norwich fans, and, with our terrible record in the Cup we''re on a hiding to nothing here.There''s bound to be a hefty discount on ticket prices for this one......

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Making Plans"]Surely we have to beat them after they turned over the Scum yesterday - anything less would be an embarresment[/quote]

I thought we drew Burnley ? It would be an embarrassment if Watford turned up by mistake.....
[/quote]

Ah, good point - must have been mixing up W Ham with the Scum but I don''t know why - probably just another senior moment

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Making Plans"]Surely we have to beat them after they turned over the Scum yesterday - anything less would be an embarresment[/quote]I thought we drew Burnley ? It would be an embarrassment if Watford turned up by mistake.....[/quote]

Ah, good point - must have been mixing up W Ham with the Scum but I don''t know why - probably just another senior moment

[/quote]Senior moments ? Tell me about it........

I think Burnley will fancy this one!

Eddie Howe''s side is gaining momentum - imagine if the roles were reversed; we''d love to have a go at beating a side like Burnley if they were in the Prem when we were still in the Championship wouldn''t we?

MK Dons showed that teams from the lower leagues really do raise their game on occassions like this. It will be tough, but a 2-1 victory is the most likely outcome I''d say...

[quote user="Lord Horn"]  Supporting the Club is more than just the Prem - I would have thought Tilly at least would be on board with that given his age!!!
[/quote]

I think you are being somewhat harsh on me M''Lud as i cannot remember the last home game that i missed in league or cups and Wolves away in a couple of weeks will be by 33rd away game since we fell into Division One.Her Indoors gets annoyed everytime she wants to book a holiday as i always insist that they are slotted between home games and when abroad my trips to the nearest bar showing Sky football if City are playing away she tolerates but only just.Lectures on "supporting the club is more than just the Prem" are not required by me.

Anyway Burnley i see as a big banana skin and not a cash cow with Carrow Road bursting at the seams M''Lud.I can think of a host of clubs i would rather watch than Burnley before cup fever has me in it''s grasp and all i was saying is i am sure there are thousands who feel the same in these troubled financial times.Just remember 21,000 season ticket holders will have to pay what i imagine will be in excess of 20 ish quid to watch the mighty Burnley.

i will be going as i dont get to Carrow Road much, i hope we give it a go this season! its not a distraction to the league, A good cup run can boost morale and improve league form.

[quote user="smooth"]

[/quote]

As its home, I will be going, Can''t help it, as well as being a good excuse to get out the house for a piss up, not that I need an excuse that is    

I should think a team containing  Rudd, De Laet, Ward, Whitbread, Dury, Lappin, K. Smith, Jackson, Wilbraham and a couple of others would be good enough to give Burnley a game.                                  

Agree with your post 100%, Lord Horn, except for the inconvenient truth that Lambert won''t be bothered about it. I think we''ve actively thrown our cup-ties in the the last two years (except for Paulton, where PL realised how embarrassing an exit would be). So I think we can expect a reserve team to be sent out with the attitude ''don''t get injured'' and that we will lose comfortably.

In those circumstances, I can''t see why anyone would go unless their ticket were free. It stinks, and I would far rather us have a cup-run, but that''s the way it is and I can quite understand why people won''t be going. I certainly wouldn''t be if I had the option.

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="smooth"]

[/quote]I see.  Now we''re in the Prem we can forget everything else can we?  That''s just the reason why I''ve hated the attitude of some Prem league fans in the past.  Yes, its critical that we remain in this league if we can but its not the be all and end all.  There''s a lot more to Norwich City and football in this country than the Prem.  A good run in the Cup would be good for confidence, the cash flow and give us a chance of Wembley.  Unlike some of you I can''t wait for the game and hopefully, given what some of you have said, it shouldn''t be too difficult for me to get a ticket for my daughter for this one.  Supporting the Club is more than just the Prem - I would have thought Tilly at least would be on board with that given his age!!![/quote]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."] Senior moments ? Tell me about it........[/quote]

Still, what''s the difference, Burnley are a Championship side too & as we now everybody in the Championship is beating the Scum so the logic still applies even if I the Club was wrong

I am very proud of our cup history and remember the heart ache of losing to sunderland in the fa cup semi final, our last good cup run under Stringer.

Well actually excellent cup run, getting to a semi final is an amazing achievement, I love the minnows going to the big boys. But for me to want a cup run then I am happy to do so when in middle table mediocracy. Injuries can happen any time and in any game, so I buy that arguement, money in the coffers well premiership survival dwarfs that and we all know what Birmingham would have preferred last season.

I see a competitive side coming to carrow road, ready to knock off a newly promoted team, I think Howe is a good manager and I would imagine a competitive game. I have no problem in playing fringe players with some first teamers, it will not be wholesale changes but a few different faces will come in. It is a long way off to think who will be in our side.

It is a game in the future that we can use as a tool for our premiership campaign. Think the QPR game before will be more important in our season.

Sorry but I wont be going to this, given our recent record, I think the club should make all seats £ 10 max price, as long as Burnley agree! When you''ve been to every away game, except Chelsea, why would you want to watch a cup game with a second string team playing!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Lord Horn"]  Supporting the Club is more than just the Prem - I would have thought Tilly at least would be on board with that given his age!!!
[/quote]

I think you are being somewhat harsh on me M''Lud as i cannot remember the last home game that i missed in league or cups and Wolves away in a couple of weeks will be by 33rd away game since we fell into Division One.Her Indoors gets annoyed everytime she wants to book a holiday as i always insist that they are slotted between home games and when abroad my trips to the nearest bar showing Sky football if City are playing away she tolerates but only just.Lectures on "supporting the club is more than just the Prem" are not required by me.

Anyway Burnley i see as a big banana skin and not a cash cow with Carrow Road bursting at the seams M''Lud.I can think of a host of clubs i would rather watch than Burnley before cup fever has me in it''s grasp and all i was saying is i am sure there are thousands who feel the same in these troubled financial times.Just remember 21,000 season ticket holders will have to pay what i imagine will be in excess of 20 ish quid to watch the mighty Burnley.

[/quote]

Afternoon Officer T - not dissing your love of the club or your away record, as I know that you and the fanny wagon are inseperable! It was more the oiks who come on here and start sounding like they''ve been swanning around the Prem for the last 50 years.  Hopefully, Burnley will not be the banana skin you forecast but I did predict that for Orient and the Franchise.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]With our recent cup record and general atitude towards cup games, if this game costs more than £10 for adults and £5 for all concessions then they''ll be something very wrong![/quote]

This is an FA cup game so Burnley would also have to agree to this