Sign in to follow this  
ca

Who broke the messageboard ?

The EDP and Evening News were also unavailable but it has now been Fixed.Somebody at Archant is an Asset to  the company.[;)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Either that, or the line got all "Tangled." [:D][/quote]

Maybe someone preston the wrong button YC[:$]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The EDP and Evening News were also unavailable but it has now been Fixed.Somebody at Archant is an Asset to  the company.[;)][/quote]

You''d think they would post some kind of apology when it was fixed, wouldn''t you ?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The EDP and Evening News were also unavailable but it has now been Fixed.Somebody at Archant is an Asset to  the company.[;)][/quote]

You''d think they would post some kind of apology when it was fixed, wouldn''t you ?

[/quote]

Careful CA or you''ll be next one banned.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Careful CA or you''ll be next one banned.[/quote]

Dont think they would bother tbh I dont post on here much nowadays so they don''t have to worry about little ole me.

The site wasn''t working again this morning so maybe Archant have server problems ??

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Either that, or the line got all "Tangled." [:D][/quote]

Maybe someone preston the wrong button YC[:$]

[/quote]

Very good Mr. Tilson, although far too subtle for Tangie to pick up on. He needs his favourite team to be shown in large font, bold and underlined before the penny drops.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]I think if it was a service that people paid for, an apology would be reasonable.  As it is, it''s a free service offered by Archant on old messageboard technology and probably hosted on old servers.  Some poor sod''s probably been hauled out of bed at the weekend to get the sites fixed and I doubt he got an apology either (if the company he works for are anything like any of the companies I''ve worked for).So no, I wouldn''t expect an apology.  You get what you pay for, and I say that as someone you can usually find in TK Maxx.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Well I was playing with my wand earlier.. .but surely not eh? [:$][/quote]

You''ll go blind.

[/quote]

That will probably help him to see things more clearly.

Maybe it has something to do with all the threads that have disappeared over the last few days and that caused a blip in the system.Some have had posts of mine in but there''s been nothing from Archant to say why the threads have gone.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]I think if it was a service that people paid for, an apology would be reasonable.  As it is, it''s a free service offered by Archant on old messageboard technology and probably hosted on old servers.  Some poor sod''s probably been hauled out of bed at the weekend to get the sites fixed and I doubt he got an apology either (if the company he works for are anything like any of the companies I''ve worked for).So no, I wouldn''t expect an apology.  You get what you pay for, and I say that as someone you can usually find in TK Maxx.[/quote]

Free or not, Chopski, there''s an abundance of free servers out there that supply message boards that seldom if ever play up like this forum.These days at the Pink ''Un, it''s not even as though a high number of users can be used as an excuse for faults.Maybe Archant should consider starting fresh with a new and reliable free forum host before the whole thing goes down.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]I think if it was a service that people paid for, an apology would be reasonable.  As it is, it''s a free service offered by Archant on old messageboard technology and probably hosted on old servers.  Some poor sod''s probably been hauled out of bed at the weekend to get the sites fixed and I doubt he got an apology either (if the company he works for are anything like any of the companies I''ve worked for).So no, I wouldn''t expect an apology.  You get what you pay for, and I say that as someone you can usually find in TK Maxx.[/quote]

Free or not, Chopski, there''s an abundance of free servers out there that supply message boards that seldom if ever play up like this forum.These days at the Pink ''Un, it''s not even as though a high number of users can be used as an excuse for faults.Maybe Archant should consider starting fresh with a new and reliable free forum host before the whole thing goes down.[/quote]That''s all fair comment, but it doesn''t change the fact that if a service which is offered free of charge by a corporation, and which nobody is obliged to use, becomes temporarily unavailable then an apology is not required.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"]

Free or not, Chopski, there''s an abundance of free servers out there that supply message boards that seldom if ever play up like this forum.These days at the Pink ''Un, it''s not even as though a high number of users can be used as an excuse for faults.Maybe Archant should consider starting fresh with a new and reliable free forum host before the whole thing goes down.[/quote]That''s all fair comment, but it doesn''t change the fact that if a service which is offered free of charge by a corporation, and which nobody is obliged to use, becomes temporarily unavailable then an apology is not required.[/quote]

Since the breakdown, I''ve been logged out (keep it as ''remember my password'') and not sure if this profile is my normal one or not! It went back to my old username so possibly not...let''s check the post count.

there was a big investment  into Archants digital services not too long ago, yet their busiest website in the entrie brand (this one!) still hasnt had the over haul it needs.