Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Newcastle

I see Pardew is doing his Warnock bit here claiming he hasn''t got fit players for our match, I don''t believe a word he says

To be fair no one is really saying that. He is just talking about having no central defenders. Taylor is out for the season and Coloccini may or may not make it because of his on going back problem

I think they only have Williamson, Coloccini and Taylor to be honest. All three could be out on Saturday. We have been without Ward, Whitbread, Ayala and De Laet during the season

S Taylor - Out for season

Coloccini - Out for next two games atleast

Williamson - Out of next game

Leaving:

Santon Simpson Perch R Taylor

or

Simpson Kader Perch R Taylor

Either way, not one of the back four is a commanding presence and Holt/Morison should cause plenty of problems.

The geordies version of Chris Goreham has just ruled out Tiote and Guthrie this weekend. Guthrie is out for 4-6 weeks.

Colocinni is rated at 50/50 meaning he probably starts and get''s taken off in the second half.

I see Newcastle have changed their squad list mid-season for their trip to us.  I am not sure what the rules are on this, but on local (North East) radio last night they were saying that although there are rules they are far from clear and open to interpretation?

Anyway, to get to the point, yesterday, Newcastle have given Tamas Kadar squad number 40, in advance of their trip to us.  I think that it''s fairly certain that Kadar will feature in the matchday squad.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2011/12/08/kadar-the-best-option-if-coloccini-cannot-play/

Reading this article and some of the players suggested, although Newcastle have some injuries they are far from scraping the bottom of the barrel to patch up a starting 11.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I see Newcastle have changed their squad list mid-season for their trip to us.  I am not sure what the rules are on this, but on local (North East) radio last night they were saying that although there are rules they are far from clear and open to interpretation?

Anyway, to get to the point, yesterday, Newcastle have given Tamas Kadar squad number 40, in advance of their trip to us.  I think that it''s fairly certain that Kadar will feature in the matchday squad.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2011/12/08/kadar-the-best-option-if-coloccini-cannot-play/

Reading this article and some of the players suggested, although Newcastle have some injuries they are far from scraping the bottom of the barrel to patch up a starting 11.

[/quote]It doesn''t say Newcastle have changed their squad list, it just says Kadar has been given a shirt number. He was born after January 1 1990, so he can be played without being in the 25-man list anyway.