Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

More statistics - Holt or Morrison?

Holt has scored a goal on average every 163 minutes on the pitch this season.

Morison has scored a goal every 190 minutes on the pitch this season.

Fact: Holt has been more prolific than Morison so far this season.

OTBC

Statistics also show that bly has now become more boring than first wizard after his/hers postings this week.

Suddenly goals per minute are crucial? Earlier it was all about what players bring to the team... either way its hardly that much difference between them.

And why so crucial that there is competition? Both players bring so much to the team and I am happy to have both.

IF, and its an if, we have to play just one my preference remains Morison at the moment, purely because my eyes feed my brain the data to shape my opinion that Morison has brought more to the team than holt when they have started together.

Morison for me is our first choice striker - but Holt is a perfect back up.

Bly, PLEASE stop with all these stats.

The occasional stat to back up your opinion is fine, but essentially stats are meaningless. They have no context, saying Holt has scored one in every 163 mins, and Morison only in 190 means nothing, Morison has been on the pitch more and therefore has had more effect overall you could argue.

Your not even giving an opinion, your just stating boring, silly, pointless stats.

This is now the 5th or 6th get Morison out of this club thread you have started. You are only picking the stats you want to see. Why not mention that Holt is only managing a shot every 54 minutes ? or in his last 5 games Morison has scored 4 goals in what you clearly think is a struggling team. You also forget to mention that when Holt has started ( 5 games ) we have managed 2 points. And please dont twist my words and say I said Holt is no good because I have not. Clearly you are getting left in the past. I suspect come possibly January but certainly the summer we will be fighting off some multi million pound premiership offers for Morison.

There are a number of people like yourself that seem intent on getting Morison out of this club to give Holt a game. If Morison starts playing bad he will be dropped. However I would suggest that if he is dropped after Vaughan is fit you still may not get your wish and then what ? lets get Vaughan out of the club ?. Lambert picks the team and to date he has done a pretty good job of getting the right players on the pitch at the right time. To me staying in the Premiership is far more important than Holt winning the Barry Butler memorial trophy for a third successive year. 

This thread is not a praise Holt thread it is a slate Morison one.

I think there is a divide between Norwich about who.should play. I don''t think there is a lot between them. Personally I would like to see a run of games where Holt gets to partner our multi million pound striker.

Problem for me is they are cancel each other out when they play from the start!

Morison is an exceptional talent and in my opinion the best striker we have had at the club since Chris Sutton.

Not only is he a natural goalscorer, he brings others into play intelligently, can take a player on and has good all round strength.

I will be forever indebted to what grant holt has done for this football club as I''m sure every single person on this message board will be too but Morison is by far the better player.

That said, I still think holt can cut it at this level and I have a bet he will score 10 premier league goals this season, I still think he''ll make it, I think Morison can get 12.

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]

I agree GPC, the only thing Morison needs to improve on is his first touch (like the one at Man City) and maybe being a bit more decicive as to what he is going to do.

[/quote]

I agree GPC, the only thing Morison needs to improve on is his first touch (like the one at Man City) and maybe being a bit more decicive as to what he is going to do.

[/quote]Practice is first touch? The guys a professional footballer, hes been practising for 18 years, if he hasnt got a first touch now, he''ll never have one!

I see it now, well you make a very valid point and maybe my post was a little less detailed then I hoped.

What I mean is that sometimes his first touch is a little too heavy, an example is that of the Man City game when he was against Joe Hart.

[/quote]Yeah I know what you mean HDDH.