Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Brilliant news for Josh Dawkin, well done

Kettering Town manager Mark Stimson has told Norwich City they have a star in the making with youngster Josh Dawkin.

The forward, 19, who is on loan at the struggling Poppies

until mid-December, has stood out with his creative displays during his

time at Nene Park.

"I''ve worked with some decent young players who''ve gone on to bigger and better things.

"I think Dawkin is a special talent," former Gillingham boss Stimson told BBC Radio Northampton.

He managed current Canaries strikers Simeon Jackson and Steve Morison at the Gills and Stevenage respectively.

And after watching Dawkin in the Blue Square Bet Premier, he

believes the Wales Under-19 international has the ability to excite fans

at the highest level.

"He''s just so good with the ball," said Stimson.

"I get excited when he gets the ball, and I haven''t had that

excitement since Freddy Eastwood, Mitchell Cole, George Boyd have had

the ball at their feet, running with it. Long may that continue for

him."[:)]

Fantastic that he is doing well, would be excellent for the academy if he is able to make the transition to first team football here! Morrison, Holt, Jackson... all achieved at the lower levels and are cutting it in the premire league/championship, there is no reason Dawkin cant; plus he is still young!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]To be honest Iit would render Dawkin a no hope for us if he wern''t doing anything at Kettering in the Conference![/quote]

Your missing the point slightly there. The Kettering manager has worked with plenty of young talent and he is putting Josh in the same catagory as them all which can only be a good thing.

I cannot see him helping us this season. Hopefully he can get a loan in League 1 or 2 and come back next season with a bang

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]To be honest Iit would render Dawkin a no hope for us if he wern''t doing anything at Kettering in the Conference![/quote]I agree... but he is [Y]

The lad is only 19, seems to have been around for a while.

The reports I have read & heard have been very positive indeed. The general consensus is he''s a cut above in that division, even in a really struggling side.

I know its only the conference but the players aren''t mugs at that level. We have to get him out on loan to a League 2 or even League 1 club in the new year.