Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Toon Predictions and Lineups Etc

What do you think the outcome for the game will be along with our lineup.

What songs can we expect the Toooooon to sing, Arsenal got a little bit boring with the same old chants. (Might just be me personally).

I am going to say 2-1 in a hard fought game with us being victorious.

Lineup I am going to say:

Naughton Whitbread/Barnett Martin Tierny

Fox     Johnson

Bennett     Hoolahan     Pilkington

Morison

Can always change it to a 4-4-2 formation and drop Fox/Johnson, personally I feel with them having make shift centre backs we need to fly them wide balls in for Morison, although we have to make sure he does not get caught all alone up front.

''Only Bolton have allowed their opponents more shots on goal this season in the top flight''

Just read this, on the BBC website, really need to close the opponents down a lot quicker.

''Grant Holt is one goal short of 50 in the league for Norwich. He has 49 goals in 97 league matches for the club''

Wonder what celebration Grant Holt will provide us with if he does score tomorrow :D

''Newcastle have conceded seven goals in their last three matches. They let in just eight in their first 11 games.''

Looks like they were getting sloppier at the back, then again there games also got a lot harder, they have also made the most tackles in the Premier League.

I wouldn''t drop Morison for Holt, Morison has been on fire recently and is in good form.

Maybe move Pilkington to the right of the 4-2-3-1 formation, drop Bennett.

Then Put Hoolahan on the left, either that or swap Pilks and Wes around so Wes is on right and can cut in and vice versa for Pilks.

Then play Holt behind Morison, as Holt seems to like dropping quite deep to gather the ball.

I think this is the game where we can really thow ourselves at the newcastle team early and play the diamond where we have three attacking players with more defensive and covering by the midfield.

Ruddy

Naughton, Barnet, R. Martin, Tierney

Fox

Benno, Johnson

Wes

Morison and Holt

Benno has the pace to get forward and put the odd cross in, but his defensive duties are impressive and certainly when teams break against us he has the pace to keep up. Tierney and Hoolahoops can deliver a little from the left. We have to attack whichever centre halves start for Newcastle, no Tiote either who I really rate.

You then can bring on Pilky, Jacko, Crofts later if you wish. We will have new centre halves who could come in for us too, but the key is to rattle them early and then make changes nearer the end to hold them at bay and get game practice for those on the subs bench.

I think we can win this 2-0 with Morison and Holt grabbing a goal, but there could be a midfield screamer from a norwich boy. It has been a while and I just fancy a 25 yard shot from one of our midfielders. Defensively, lets take our time, concentrate and execute fully. If in doubt kick it out. I fancy our defence to put in a great effort and control Ba. No problem with a little long ball (or long pass) when they have new centre halves and we have two hungry big, physical strikers.

I just feel that if we had played Newcastle 2 weeks ago it would have been a different mindset, but we have had our howler at Man City. Other teams will too, but now we can push on with a good home game against a team with a few major injury blows to keys areas of the pitch. Top teams in any division take advantage of weaknesses of opponents, we should relish the chance to do it to Newcastle. 

I''d go back to the 4-5-1 (4-2-3-1) which ever you prefer.

Naughton - Martin - Barnett - Tierney

Fox      Johnson

Bennett            Hoolahan             Pilkington

Morision

Traditional 4 4 2 for me.Naughten - Whitbred - Tierney - TierneyBennet - Fox - Johnson - pilkington      Morrison - HoltI know this means dropping wes, who in all honesty hasn''t performed too well over recent week, Fox to spray the ball around, use the width of two wingers to get the ball in the box for the big boys.We have to stay solid at the back as Newcastle have a strong strikeforce. Johnson and Fox can break the play up, Bennet''s tracking back is superb, Pilky needs to improve, but when we play with two upfront it means the midfield don''t need to push up so much and loss thier shape, creating greater solidarity in the defence. between Holt and Morrison it is likely we will win and retain a long ball when needs be, this rarely happens playing the 4 5 1, despite the great job Morrison does.

Ruddy

Naughton Russel Martin Whitbread Tierney

Fox

Bennett Holt Pilks

Hoolahan

Morison

That''s the formation and where they should be placed on the pitch at all times.

Ruddy

R.Martin         Barnett         Whitbread      Tierney

Bennett            Fox               Crofts         Pilkington

Morison        Holt

No Hoolahan but he can come on and be super sub.  I''d like to see Holt bully thier defence up top with Morison.  Plenty of crosses from the wingers.  Johnson dropped for Crofts because Johnson has not been good enough lately.

1-0 to us.  Holt with the winner.  First clean sheet of the season.      

I''m with boyo. I would like the diamond because I feel we need to play our best players and that includes Wes. But Wes is only best in a diamond. If Lambert won''t.go with it then.its 442. Holt and morison up top. Crofts in for bj. R Martin at right back, Whitbread in. That defence looks more solid to me.2 -0 city. Holt strike from morison nod down. Crofts or Bennett wonder strike from 35 yards. Otbc.

I''d go with a traditional 442 or revert back to the diamond. I feel at home, against a Newcastle team with such huge injury problems at the back we can''t afford to play 1 striker. If we really get at them and bully the likes of Perch and Kadar, we can cause an awful lot of problems today.

Loving the optimism but not entirely sure I share it.

Might be a day for "we''re gonna score one more than you".

I''m going for 3-2. Not sure to whom. Heart says City, head says Toon.

As for formation I''d toss a coin between 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1

Usual back four and then either

Hoolahan Fox Crofts Pilkington

Holt Morison

or

Fox Crofts

Bennet Hoolahan Pilkington

Morison

Given Newcastle''s injury problems I''d marginally favour the 4-4-2, I think. Not normally one for the two-up-front mantra, but today might be the day.

Come on you yellows