Sign in to follow this  
ca

Norwich v Newcastle - Match Thread/Chat

Ruddy, Naughton. R Martin, Morrison, Whitbread,Tierney,. Crofts, Surman, Hoolahan, Fox, Holt, Morison,

Subs Rudd, Johnson, Jackson, Pilkington, Bennett, Barnett, Wilbraham

2 Experiences strikers against a weakened Newcastle back line do you think?

Sorry should have read

Ruddy, Naughton. R Martin, Whitbread,Tierney,. Crofts, Surman, Hoolahan, Fox, Holt, Morison,

Subs Rudd, Johnson, Jackson, Pilkington, Bennett, Barnett, Wilbraham

Can''t understand Surman''s inclusion and the lack of wingers, obviously playing the diamond. Bit worried with this line up in all honesty, would much prefer to see two wingers. Wes needs a good game today otherwise he deserves a few games warming the bench, cant forgive him for his lack of effort against Man City, disgraceful from a city player, so he better pull on that shirt and put in a good shift today.C''mon City

so back to the diamond?!

Glad to see Hoolahan, Fox and Holt all getting starts. We need to perform well today to get over our failing against Man City

Looks a good line-up to me.Let''s hope they deserve their starting places.Hopefully Whitbread will last the game.

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]Priceyrice, Hoolahan didn''t start against Man City?[/quote]Yeah i realise that AJ, i think he has had some poor games in the last 3/4 games, caught on the ball way too much and passing hasn''t been up to his usual standard, even if he did make the gal at QPR. I know he didn''t start against QPR but when he came on he lost the ball for the 4th goal i think and didn''t even bother to track back, just sort of stood there and threw a hissy- i don''t accept that from any of our players whatever the score.I remember last year when Wes was dropped for 4/5 games, came back much brighter and sharper.Do we have the toon lineup anywhere?

I think Wes is still adapting to Premier League life, he is too weak to hold off most players in this league, and he will learn his boundaries in time.

I believe he was fouled which is why he threw a hissy-fit, whether you don''t condone it or not, smaller and weaker players simply don''t get much protection

There will be time and space in the middle against Newcastle today, and with a weak defence you may as well throw everything at them, being at home as well will help. 3 Points today please.

I''d say I am happy with that. Whitbread great one on one and looking forward to him getting his start, barney has had good reasons to be worried about his starting position.

Pretty keen on that line up, Benno can feel unlucky but I can see it as a safer system to adopt with surman and Fox able to pass through to the forwards and Hoolahan who can prove his worth.

Bring it on. Great opportunity for us today, looking forward to seeing our attacking front two supported by hooly and then width by the full backs.

Not keen:

Whitbread straight in? He should be eased in after such a long lay-off. Barnett would have done as a starters.

Suddenly, no wingers (wide midfielders) has become a norm. Not too sure about this with two strikers up front who are powerful in the air.

Would prefer Johnson for his industrialism and a bit of tightness at the back. Surman and Wes?

I trust in PL, but thought he got it wrong last week, so doubts are creeping around.

Constant changes nowadays. Please don''t become a ''tinkerman'' PL.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Not keen:

Whitbread straight in? He should be eased in after such a long lay-off. Barnett would have done as a starters.

Suddenly, no wingers (wide midfielders) has become a norm. Not too sure about this with two strikers up front who are powerful in the air.

Would prefer Johnson for his industrialism and a bit of tightness at the back. Surman and Wes?

I trust in PL, but thought he got it wrong last week, so doubts are creeping around.

Constant changes nowadays. Please don''t become a ''tinkerman'' PL.

[/quote]

Hope I''m wrong, but me neither. That midfield looks too weak. A high-risk  gamble that we will have enough of the ball to ruffle their weak defence.

Not sure why we are trying to hit SO many balls over the top of Wes. I understand newcastle are playing a high defensive line but their CBs will beat our strikers pace-wise. Boycotting Wes seems counter-productive. Use him and play the ball through.

Dominating them, can''t believe they got the goal at the end, you can see both cb think the other one has it, lack of an established Cb partnership there.Confident we will win still, 3 1 city

Ball watching again! watch the man not the ball! Truly awful defending, I''ve seen better at sunday league level, must be a priority for Lambert in the Jan window.

Great goal by Ba, they had done very little after the first 10-15 minutes.

Not flowing but at times we are getting behind their full backs with opportunities to cross.

No question Pardew will be the happiest manager, our final delivery from crosses has been under-par when we have two big men in the box who are good in the air.

Hoolahan somehow has his first goal since August, playing good stuff but do we think we are missing that quality on the final ball in the box? Same team will come out but we need to be a bit more punchy when in the final third, Pilky or Benno could easily come on the right if we want to revert to the midfield 4.

Positives, Naughton and the centre half pairing have looked good, considering Whitbread has been out, very impressed how quickly he has got in to it. But another game where we need to score at least two goals to win.

Surman has been ok, we just have missed that final ball and creativity. But we normally do well after half time, we need to as Newcastle will be on a high getting that late equaliser before half time.

[quote user="cityangel"]Firstrowsports.tv is working fine [:)][/quote]

and my reservations of two posts up being rubbished.

Their goal was a good one, but out of the blue really.

Surman has been ok+ but I now think Pilks should replace him.

Crofts or Johnson? Not sure. 

[quote user="cityangel"]Firstrowsports.tv is working fine [:)][/quote]

and my reservations of two posts up being rubbished.

Their goal was a good one, but out of the blue really.

Surman has been ok+ but I now think Pilks should replace him.

Crofts or Johnson? Not sure. 

Their goal looked offside to start with but wasnt having seen it again.

Good point about the goal conceded however, it is bad ball watching and certainly an error caused by lack of playing time together.

The decision by Lambert to now play Whitbread for me is to say that we are going with Whitbread and Martin at centre half for a bit, we need to build a centre half partnership. It is totally frustrating that the same mistakes are being made and certainly, altho Lambert has defended his centre halves (as he would do) you feel centre half is an area where we need help.