Sign in to follow this  
BW

Great Win and it goes to show

My tip of dropping barnett and johnson pays off. Whitbread silly mistake for their 2nd however he is rusty i will let him off this time. Overall i am very pleased with our performance and i feel this is how we should start to play with ambition.

Half the blame must go to Surman, who played him into a corner, when it should never have gone back to Whitebread.

do we drop barnett the donkey and bradley the dog next game too? I say so.

I don''t think they were ALL dropped for poor performance:

> Barnett - yes think he was as whitbread is a better defender than him at present

> Johnson - still don''t agree with you here BW think Johnson has been superb this season and needed resting

> Pilkington - ditto

A great squad is able to refresh itself and rotate players into positions to achieve maximum results, and we have a top manager who can do that. That''s what sets us aside from other teams in the lower half of the premiership.

We will survive because of our squad togetherness BW not because of your ''tips''

It''s funny how Lambert always listens to me even if you guys don''t. BTW it''s not BW anymore but Mowgli

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I don''t think they were ALL dropped for poor performance: > Barnett - yes think he was as whitbread is a better defender than him at present > Johnson - still don''t agree with you here BW think Johnson has been superb this season and needed resting > Pilkington - ditto A great squad is able to refresh itself and rotate players into positions to achieve maximum results, and we have a top manager who can do that. That''s what sets us aside from other teams in the lower half of the premiership. We will survive because of our squad togetherness BW not because of your ''tips''[/quote]

Good post.

The high tempo of the Prem does have an affect and it was obvious for the last couple of games that these guys needed a rest.And tactically it worked for Lambert.

[quote user="Mowgli and Bear"]It''s funny how Lambert always listens to me even if you guys don''t. BTW it''s not BW anymore but Mowgli[/quote]Dear oh dear. Brad Johnson came on and done very well. Good set piece as well. Think we need Fox in the middle though, could easily alternate between Crofts and Johnson.Barnett came on and also done well. Who will start next week? Well i dont know, but i can guarantee it''s got nothing to do with you or your incredibly inaccurate opinions.

I think Fox and Crofts did enough yesterday to retain their places.

With two away games to play now, it will be interesting to see how Lambert goes about facing him. Today''s aim was to literally out-score the opponents, however disappointing it is to concede another clean sheet, Demba Ba was always going to score given the form he is in, and the shakiness of our defence at times.

If we switch back to 4-5-1, expect Johnson to rejoin Fox in the middle with the wingers out wide. But for a change it''s nice our team is so dynamic with so many options to change our system during the game. It is something we seriously lacked under Worthington of having no plan b. In Lambert we trust.

I have no doubt that possession loss and newcastles lack of central defenders shaped our team; 2 up front to attack their soft centre.

Holtamanias analysis of possession pre and post introduction of fox then hoolahan speaks volumes.

Those two things shaped the team - diamond being the best way to accomodate them, surman and crofts to help that shape.

At the back - yes feels like Barnett dropped.

[quote user="Mowgli and Bear"]They were all dropped i think you will find[/quote].............. what tf, tactical switch,another masterstroke by PL to attack the weakened magpie defense, very unlikely to play this team and system against a team with fast widemen.

Yes it was a tactical masterstroke still doesn''t mean they weren''t dropped loooool you bunch of kids

For me its how BW portrays it

''I am right Barnett and Johnson are useless, Lambert listens to me and we win the game''

Yes both players were dropped but only one through poor performance

[quote user="Mowgli and Bear"]They were all dropped i think you will find[/quote]

You are stating they were dropped because they are not good and definitely were not rested or left out because others suited a system change. So going on your theory if we go back to 1 upfront away to Everton and that 1 is Morison that means Holt is dropped because he is not good enough ??? and following it through if Holt is upfront on his own Morison who is scoring in most games currently is also c**p ????.

As you feel players Lambert himself has signed are all rubbish then maybe you should make the statements you have made on here directly to him and see if he laughs or not. I think you will find that we have a group of players that are all of similar ability and Lambert gets the absoloute top out of any of them via systems and team play.

I thought Whitbread had a good game on his return.

However, I wonder how people would have viewed that performance if Barnett had been playing and let the runner go for the 1st goal, made that mistake for 2nd goal and played that many balls forward that did not find a yellow shirt.

I think the one massive difference that Whitbread made to the defence was that he gave it balance. I don''t buy into this "cultured" thing that people say about him. I don''t see trotting 15 yards towards the halfway line before looking up and pinging a hopeful ball forward as being "cultured".

I think he''s a good defender and I think he reads the game pretty well but I think the biggest improvement in the defence was the balance he offered simply by being left footed. Russell Martin did a (good) job playing in there but it never really looked right.

Lambert firstly won''t drop any of the strikers we will have both up front against everton. I agree with the comment about Whitbread i think it was just a bit of rustyness as he been out for a while and i still believe he is better than barnett. Same lineup next week i think.

[quote user="Mowgli and Bear"]Lambert firstly won''t drop any of the strikers we will have both up front against everton. I agree with the comment about Whitbread i think it was just a bit of rustyness as he been out for a while and i still believe he is better than barnett. Same lineup next week i think.[/quote]

As you claim to know Lambert so well that he listens to you you clearly know what the team is already. Even faced with these odds stacked against me are you prepared to have a bet for charity as to wether or not there will be any changes ?

We''re waiting BW or have you conveniently forgotten this thread like you usually do when your losing a debate?

I''m sure you''ll start calling us all names again in your next post too because that''s the usual next step for you

Sorry i didn''t see this reply yes sure a bet for charity Which charity how about one improving youth activities in Norwich? A score for charity? With me believing the team line will start the same as last week bar injuries? With you believing there will be atleast one change?

[quote user="BW"]Sorry i didn''t see this reply yes sure a bet for charity Which charity how about one improving youth activities in Norwich? A score for charity? With me believing the team line will start the same as last week bar injuries? With you believing there will be atleast one change?[/quote]

Yep we are on then

Give Peas a chance could you judge please and maybe even £20 can be sent via you to forward to charity ?.