Sign in to follow this  
City penguin

Policing of the derby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16145645?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Fair play to the lad that waded in on about 15 ipswich on his own when confronted.

Yes fairplay to him and there were a few others that day who stood up for themselves. However i can''t see us getting anything but a sunday afternoon kick off in future. AGAIN!!

I like the bit where the paupers bleat they cannot afford to pay for the policing................ on a sellout crowdI was one of those naughty fans that bought tickets in the home area (Britannia), there was no violence or trouble that I saw inside the ground. The problems were caused by inadequate policing - as seeen on the BBC clip where City fans had to walk past any number of over excited farm hands. they should have been shoved into the ground, not allowed to stand around trying to cause trouble.The other main complaint was that City fans were blocked from getting to the ground by suffolk police being unable to clear the road leading to the ground. This smacks of either incompetence or a ''deeper'' reason. The road from the station should have been kept clear and it should have been known by the police that measures would be needed and so SHOULD have been available. The legislation is there. It is an offence to be withing a certain distance of a football ground without a valid ticket for that game.The police are more than capable at keeping fans apart at Carrow Road and previously fans were kept apart and allowed to get to the game at poorman road. It would make for interesting reading to see what the suffolk police claim were factors that occured but WERE NOT forseen. I would suggest that the higher ranks of suffolk plod get paid very well for not only policing on the day but preparing suitable policing that covers every likely eventuality. Over exited farmhands confronting City fans is not something that could not have been unexpected.Sadly those from suffolk who have been involved in drafting up this worthless handwringing exercise will be paid handsomely, as ever. There will be no sanction upon them, just as there will be no redress or compensation for the City fans who missed the early part of the game due to police incompetence.The only saving grace is that, bar a cup game, it is highly unlikely there will be any reason for City fans to visit this ''shanty'' town and it''s grubby little club for the foreseeable future.

Yes penguin it''s true however i was disappointed in our turn out of lads, there was some but this is our derby and we didn''t take enough.

It was an accident waiting to happen as soon as the fixtures came out and the game was scheduled for the Easter weekend. A big cock up by the Football League which should never happen again.

However, what really makes my blood boil was the fact that the game wasn''t played on Good Friday because ITFC couldn''t or wouldn''t pay the Police overtime bill. Scandalous if true!

[quote user="City1st"] The legislation is there. It is an offence to be withing a certain distance of a football ground without a valid ticket for that game.
[/quote]

What ?????????????????[:^)]

[quote user="Mowgli and Bear"]Yes penguin it''s true however i was disappointed in our turn out of lads, there was some but this is our derby and we didn''t take enough.[/quote]

With all due respect to Neanderthals, are you a caveman?Grow up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2062696/Neanderthals-clever-interbred-impressed-humans-say-experts.html

[quote user="Mowgli and Bear"]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2062696/Neanderthals-clever-interbred-impressed-humans-say-experts.html[/quote]

[quote user="BW"]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2062696/Neanderthals-clever-interbred-impressed-humans-say-experts.html[/quote]You know that Heather off Eastenders

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="City1st"] The legislation is there. It is an offence to be withing a certain distance of a football ground without a valid ticket for that game.[/quote]

What ?????????????????[:^)]

[/quote][:D]Yes Tilly, I hope I''m around to see it when a couple of old dears who live on one of the streets near our ground get bundled into a police van as they stagger back home with the weekly Morrison''s shop.... 

I can''t believe that thousands of pounds of taxpayers money has been spent on something that most supporters could have told you in about 5 minutes. Suffolk police really are incompetent.

I know hindsight is a great thing but holding a derby game on the Thursday night before a 4 day Easter break is about to kick off isn''t the most sensible idea. Shame that we will now have to suffer Sunday kickoffs when this fixture next happens. Completely kills the game in terms of atmosphere

[quote user="Jacko"]........Shame that we will now have to suffer Sunday kickoffs when this fixture next happens.....[/quote]With everything sweet at Carrow Road and problems mutiplying at Portman Road hopefully it''ll be a long, long, time before we have to worry about that again.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Jacko"]........Shame that we will now have to suffer Sunday kickoffs when this fixture next happens.....[/quote]With everything sweet at Carrow Road and problems mutiplying at Portman Road hopefully it''ll be a long, long, time before we have to worry about that again.[/quote]