Sign in to follow this  
Gibbo

Grant Holt - team of the week

[quote user="Gibbo"]One hell of a forward line that one![/quote]

My thoughts exactly, Gibbo ,when I saw it.  Holty, Robin v Persie and Suarez would give most defences a headache.

Mouthwatering.

Bought for £600,000... he''s probably worth 10 times that now!Its been said before with the tounge in cheek by many, but realisticly, if Holt maintains his form he could be in for a shout of a England cap in the near future... why not!? He''s only surpassed for goals by Rooney, Sturridge and Defoe from the English strikers, and now he is making team of the week and getting recognition as the quality player he is! Well done Grant!

[quote user="priceyrice"]Didn''t Rudd save one of those? I may be wrong
[/quote]

No you are right[Y] WBA.

[quote user="birchfest"]Bought for £600,000... he''s probably worth 10 times that now!

Its been said before with the tounge in cheek by many, but realisticly, if Holt maintains his form he could be in for a shout of a England cap in the near future... why not!? He''s only surpassed for goals by Rooney, Sturridge and Defoe from the English strikers, and now he is making team of the week and getting recognition as the quality player he is! Well done Grant!
[/quote]

If he was a lot quicker and 5 years younger you could have been right.

Great performance from our Captain Fantastic.  Those people who took the odds for him to score 10 in the season must be looking fairly confidently at a big payout right now.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Holty has proven that if you want something enough it can happen; and we haven''t had a player like that since Tony Powell.[/quote].... i will admit i was a big powell fan but i just hope holty doesn''t end up like him(her).

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="birchfest"]Bought for £600,000... he''s probably worth 10 times that now!Its been said before with the tounge in cheek by many, but realisticly, if Holt maintains his form he could be in for a shout of a England cap in the near future... why not!? He''s only surpassed for goals by Rooney, Sturridge and Defoe from the English strikers, and now he is making team of the week and getting recognition as the quality player he is! Well done Grant! [/quote]

If he was a lot quicker and 5 years younger you could have been right.

[/quote]Goals speak more than pace or age, he keeps banging them in there is no reason why not! Id have him ahead of Carrol in that ''big man'' role any day of the week on current form!

Luis Suarez   -  £22.8m

Robin van Persie   -  £2.75m

Grant Holt    -   Â£0.6m

Shows there are bargains out there if people do their homework!

Cheers Mr. Pickles, in all seriousness if you''re playing 3 up front I can''t think of a more effective trio than that really on current form. Mate of mine at work asked me today, would I trade Holt for Torres and I had to say no - imagine even thinking that way 2 years ago... :)

I don''t start posts that often, thanks everyone for getting involved in a good little chat :)

He looks to me as if he''s shed a kilo or two in the last few weeks . We can only assume that the fitness guys at Colney have been working on him, and that this current run of form is the result, perhaps ? I just cannot see he''d have been able to make the turn he did at Goodison  last season or the one before.

Downside from my point of view is that it seems that I''ll not be able to be supplying HIM any  more pies, and Eric will have pick up the slack.....