Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

No more City games in pubs.. . ditto streaming too!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wizard"]

These worked last week:

Streams listed at

http://www.myp2p.pe/index.php?sport=football

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/sport/football.html

http://www.ilemi.me/

10  9  8  7................

[/quote]

I watched the Man Titty game via ilemi last week.

[/quote]

buy a season ticket wiz no problem watching it then

[/quote]

With what pete? buttons?

Thats if you can get one.....or more importantly......can afford one! [:|]

[/quote]

Ltes not go down that road again, the club made it easy for fans to become Season ticket holders a few years ago,  

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Ah, so now the PU itself is leading with my thread news, so, a big fat ''UP YOURS'' to my crictics![/quote]

Its only the pubs who chose to have Viasat Baltic services will be affected Wiz. other pubs who had other foreign systems installed will show the game.

[/quote]

Cheers for that Angel, lets hope The WATERSIDE bar in Corton is one of them.

[/quote]As someone posted on here last weekend one pub in Gorleston couldn''t get the Man City game but another 30 seconds walk away had it on.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Ah, so now the PU itself is leading with my thread news, so, a big fat ''UP YOURS'' to my crictics![/quote]

Its only the pubs who chose to have Viasat Baltic services will be affected Wiz. other pubs who had other foreign systems installed will show the game.

[/quote]

Cheers for that Angel, lets hope The WATERSIDE bar in Corton is one of them.

[/quote]

As someone posted on here last weekend one pub in Gorleston couldn''t get the Man City game but another 30 seconds walk away had it on.

[/quote]

Also try Frontrow web site

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wizard"]

These worked last week:

Streams listed at

http://www.myp2p.pe/index.php?sport=football

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/sport/football.html

http://www.ilemi.me/

10  9  8  7................

[/quote]

I watched the Man Titty game via ilemi last week.

[/quote]

buy a season ticket wiz no problem watching it then

[/quote]

With what pete? buttons?

Thats if you can get one.....or more importantly......can afford one! [:|]

[/quote]

Ltes not go down that road again, the club made it easy for fans to become Season ticket holders a few years ago,  

[/quote]

Still couldn''t afford to keep that up, and transport too.

[quote user="Making Plans"]So no problems with Streams then, at least not the one I was watching
[/quote]

[Y] A bit jittery but not too bad.Good commentary as well.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Making Plans"]So no problems with Streams then, at least not the one I was watching
[/quote]

[Y] A bit jittery but not too bad.Good commentary as well.

[/quote]

Ditto... at least Murdock doesn''t own t''net...yet.

Pubs with Nova and the Italian channel ok, see the Viasat website.  But Viasat only channel to show all 380 live prem games, others only allowed to show 200 games.  Don''t know how many City games in the 200.

Contrary to rumour not shown in the Doghouse but shown in back room of Ribs, however only room for 20 max. 

So, like at the start of the season we had a list of pubs showing the games, if we could now have people post the pubs that they know will still be showing the games, it would be much appreciated [:)]

We really should try to adopt a scheme like the Americans use in that if the match sells out, they can show it on tv. With away games, if we sell out our away allocation it can be showed.

They were concerned that showing 3 o clock games would impact the attendances but if we''re still selling out (or a high percentage) then where''s the harm?

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out"]We really should try to adopt a scheme like the Americans use in that if the match sells out, they can show it on tv. With away games, if we sell out our away allocation it can be showed. They were concerned that showing 3 o clock games would impact the attendances but if we''re still selling out (or a high percentage) then where''s the harm?[/quote]

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! [Y]

[quote user="alysha"]So, like at the start of the season we had a list of pubs showing the games, if we could now have people post the pubs that they know will still be showing the games, it would be much appreciated [:)][/quote]

A good idea, but sadly I think the list will be very short

[quote user="AJ Wizard"][quote user="alysha"]So, like at the start of the season we had a list of pubs showing the games, if we could now have people post the pubs that they know will still be showing the games, it would be much appreciated [:)][/quote] A good idea, but sadly I think the list will be very short[/quote]

Why has this come about now that we are in the prem, they have been showing 3pm kick offs for a while now without all this crying in soup, there are pubs in Yarmouth and Beccles that have been showing Manure and All the top 6 at 3 on saturdays are we that much of a threat to Murdock but what we are saying is we can fill the ground with or without Sky

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="AJ Wizard"][quote user="alysha"]So, like at the start of the season we had a list of pubs showing the games, if we could now have people post the pubs that they know will still be showing the games, it would be much appreciated [:)][/quote] A good idea, but sadly I think the list will be very short[/quote]

Why has this come about now that we are in the prem, they have been showing 3pm kick offs for a while now without all this crying in soup, there are pubs in Yarmouth and Beccles that have been showing Manure and All the top 6 at 3 on saturdays are we that much of a threat to Murdock but what we are saying is we can fill the ground with or without Sky

[/quote]

We can fill our ground Pete but I don''t see that as the issue. Sky can''t show any games at 3pm on a Saturday and they don''t. I am fully in favour of this rule and support the moves to get the broadcasts stopped. It impacts on football right down the pyramid to the Anglian Combination and below. When Norwich played at Man U I know of clubs who struggled to field a team because players were going to the pub to watch the game. These aren''t people who would normally go to the games.

The 3pm Saturday rule is there for a reason and should stay. In fact I''d stop Sky showing the early and late games too. I''d extend the ban to last for six hours between noon and 6pm.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

We can fill our ground Pete but I don''t see that as the issue. Sky can''t show any games at 3pm on a Saturday and they don''t. I am fully in favour of this rule and support the moves to get the broadcasts stopped. It impacts on football right down the pyramid to the Anglian Combination and below. When Norwich played at Man U I know of clubs who struggled to field a team because players were going to the pub to watch the game. These aren''t people who would normally go to the games.

The 3pm Saturday rule is there for a reason and should stay. In fact I''d stop Sky showing the early and late games too. I''d extend the ban to last for six hours between noon and 6pm.

[/quote]

Believe it or not I agree with you, and If I had my way I''d get rid of all live football except for Finals, I believe TV has a lot to answer for, taking the fans away from the ground and into the pub as you say, you only have to look round the whole of the football league, the fan finds it cheaper to watch from the armchair or pub rather than go to the ground, that is where I think we have got it right with the D/D, think what would happen if all clubs took our idea up, the majority of fans I''m sure would snap it up, But Having said that I found this Stream today just messing about it has list of fixtures up to March and we are in a few of them it is (www.freefootball.org.eu)   

I think it is a ridiculous stance.

People have to make choices and if the choice is to play or watch football that is for them to decide.

Sky and the premier league should embrace the technology they have to extend choice rather than reduce it.

I would suggest the first thing to do would be to offer away season tickets, so you can watch all your teams away games live not via some dodgy stream. I would happily pay for this either game by game or on a full season basis bringing huge additional revenue to the club.

Watching on TV is not a replacement for going to games, im off to Wolves on Tuesday and still would be if it was on TV. Most if not all games this season have been streamed but has this affected the attendances ? I would suggest to some degree the opposite.

People with access to the games are more likely to want to go along and experience it properly. The number of people packing the pubs every weekend whilst attendances are as high as ever testify to this. Also it is clear not everyone can afford to go to football every week by having access to the games this gives the supporters in this position an investment in the club and probably leads to Merchandise sales as well as occasional tickets as and when finances allow.

I am a season ticket holder and get to as many away games as I can each year why shouldnt i be able to watch the games i cant get to given that the technology is available ? especially if i am prepared to pay for it.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

People have to make choices and if the choice is to play or watch football that is for them to decide.

Sky and the premier league should embrace the technology they have to extend choice rather than reduce it.

I would suggest the first thing to do would be to offer away season tickets, so you can watch all your teams away games live not via some dodgy stream. I would happily pay for this either game by game or on a full season basis bringing huge additional revenue to the club.

Watching on TV is not a replacement for going to games, im off to Wolves on Tuesday and still would be if it was on TV. Most if not all games this season have been streamed but has this affected the attendances ? I would suggest to some degree the opposite.

People with access to the games are more likely to want to go along and experience it properly. The number of people packing the pubs every weekend whilst attendances are as high as ever testify to this. Also it is clear not everyone can afford to go to football every week by having access to the games this gives the supporters in this position an investment in the club and probably leads to Merchandise sales as well as occasional tickets as and when finances allow.

I am a season ticket holder and get to as many away games as I can each year why shouldnt i be able to watch the games i cant get to given that the technology is available ? especially if i am prepared to pay for it.

[/quote]

A tripple Huzzah! [Y][Y][Y]

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

[/quote]

Of course your right Keelan. It is freedom of choice. But I see the other side of it and view it from a different angle. The problem with carrying on as you suggest is that the Premier League becomes the only league that matters. The only footballers that matter will be those premier players from all over the world who earn oscene amounts of money. The only refs that matter will be those with premier refs with egos the size of Rooneys pay packet. And the rest of football, right down to district leagues, will have to like it or lump it.

My monthly outlay is on a season ticket to watch Norwich. Others will pay monthly to watch all sport on Sky and a tiny proportion of each subscription will find its way to Carrow Road. My interest is specific and i find it ludicrous that people all over the world can watch MY club live when they play away at 3 pm on a Saturday and yet i who financially support the club to a greater extent are penalised. My commitment is shown by attending games, if i watch games live away how is that going to effect football at grass roots?

Perhaps season ticket holders should have special privileges to watch these games live at selected venues with entry conditions ie, not open to general public.Sky would receive extra income, the loyal fan would watch their teams play away, grass roots wouldn''t be effected.

Tin hat on.

H

Advanced technology brings with it a different level of illegal happenings.

Years ago it was taping off the radio then taping off the tv. Now it''s watching live streams.

There must be money in creating these things and it must be more than the legitimate ways otherwise it wouldn''t happen.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="kick it off"]Birchfest is right, just cuz one provider goes down - it may mean a few less streams but it certainly won''t be close to Wiz''s apocalyptic predictions (Wiz''s hyperbole and reality not correlating? Who''dve thought it?! ;0) )[/quote]

You see? this is what is precisely whats wrong with this message board.

You try and help and some arshole puts you down for it..............chuffing typical!

[/quote]

That''s because some arsehole came up with this ''Apocalyptic prediction''. [;)]

There are still streams for the games, you just have to look for them, and I''m resonably sure I''ll be watching again tomorow night. [Y]