Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

No more City games in pubs.. . ditto streaming too!

Surely it just means they have to show them AFTER 3pm. So, how about, I dunno, 3.02pm?

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]Surely it just means they have to show them AFTER 3pm. So, how about, I dunno, 3.02pm?[/quote]

I think it means games which kicked off at 3pm AJ.

wont happen...watch saturdays game at the usual place...theres ways round these things far beyond my level of understanding

Guess it depends what satelite system pubs are using, there were plenty showing last weeks game, obviously those with Viasat Baltic services will be affected.

In the uk, online streaming will still work as most of the streams are coming from international live coverage that wont be effected by this.

Birchfest is right, just cuz one provider goes down - it may mean a few less streams but it certainly won''t be close to Wiz''s apocalyptic predictions (Wiz''s hyperbole and reality not correlating? Who''dve thought it?! ;0) )

[quote user="kick it off"]Birchfest is right, just cuz one provider goes down - it may mean a few less streams but it certainly won''t be close to Wiz''s apocalyptic predictions (Wiz''s hyperbole and reality not correlating? Who''dve thought it?! ;0) )[/quote]

You see? this is what is precisely whats wrong with this message board.

You try and help and some arshole puts you down for it..............chuffing typical!

At a guess if Murdoch has stopped one company from broadcasting games, he will do the same to all of the satellite companies.. It would be pointless just stopping the one.

Disgusting - one word for it - disgusting.

Our national game is shipped across the world for everyone to see, yet a country where we believe in ''competition'' and ''the free market'' suddenly shuts it down and stops UK residents watching their games through competition. It was bringing money into the pubs at this difficult time for pubs and making punters extremely happy. Not even a massive boycott of Sky would make a difference. If only it would and the nation stood firm.

Lets hope European lawyers get on this asap.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="kick it off"]Birchfest is right, just cuz one provider goes down - it may mean a few less streams but it certainly won''t be close to Wiz''s apocalyptic predictions (Wiz''s hyperbole and reality not correlating? Who''dve thought it?! ;0) )[/quote]

You try and help and some arshole puts you down for it..............chuffing typical!

[/quote]

I can''t believe Wiz has been put down. Mind you, if the horse is lame...

RIP Wiz, you''ll be missed.

If you keep wanting Norwich to receive the £40m from Sky for being in the Premier League you will also have to accept the Premier League and Sky trying to stop people watching the games for free - can''t have one without the other.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]No, what''s wrong with this message board is you moaning about people ruining this message board when actually all they are doing is relating you to stereotypes you KNOW full well you''ve created yourself on this board with your 16,000 posts...

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]If you keep wanting Norwich to receive the £40m from Sky for being in the Premier League you will also have to accept the Premier League and Sky trying to stop people watching the games for free - can''t have one without the other.
[/quote]

Get rid of the bloody camera''s all together and lets get back to saturday 3oclock kick offs,

While the internet still exists, people will stream matches. It might get a bit more difficult to find decent streams at times, but Murdoch doesn''t own the internet and he''d be pissing into the wind to try and stop them.

the satellite companies abroad have paid for the rights to show the games.. 3pm here is 4pm in france... 6 pm in athens and 10 pm in dubai... theres no issue with these countries broadcasting the games to their TV audiences whenever they kick off..Sky own the TV rights in the Uk.. not in the rest of the world.. if the game is streamed online or broadcast in a pub then thats someone elses bother...as i said elsewhere they will never stop online streaming, these countries pay legally for the broadcast.. if a member of the public is streaming it online thats there perogrative

[quote user="First Wizard"]Ah, so now the PU itself is leading with my thread news, so, a big fat ''UP YOURS'' to my crictics![/quote]

Its only the pubs who chose to have Viasat Baltic services will be affected Wiz. other pubs who had other foreign systems installed will show the game.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Ah, so now the PU itself is leading with my thread news, so, a big fat ''UP YOURS'' to my crictics![/quote]

Its only the pubs who chose to have Viasat Baltic services will be affected Wiz. other pubs who had other foreign systems installed will show the game.

[/quote]

Cheers for that Angel, lets hope The WATERSIDE bar in Corton is one of them.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

As this seems open season for mentioning links and streams you are wrong CA as frontrow seats are not advertising it either or any other premiership games.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

As this seems open season for mentioning links and streams you are wrong CA as frontrow seats are not advertising it either or any other premiership games.

[/quote]

Firstrow have the links up,but whether they work or not we will have to wait and see.Not that i do that sort of thing!

Its a good article in the evening news, the pub landlords have not been mis-sold this technology and service. It has been taken away by those not associated with Viasat who have a vested interest in keeping their monopoly up and running. Interesting that Murdoch and this govrn. in particular believe in competition, because as always it never really is that competitive with Oligopolies then controlling that certain market and in some cases legislations and voting.

I am a little behind in the times, but while abroad was amazed how people found so many live streams and feeds for movies, sporting events etc and it was the norm. with the notion '' that so many people do it, that the authorities cannot clamp down on it''. I just don''t know how it all works from the UK but in Asia it was amazing.

It was a good point that a previous poster said, if sky didn''t have these rights we would not be getting the money we are getting this season. Guess that money makes us at least competitive against those that have multi millionaire owners, but if the sky money disappeared I wonder what would happen to alot of clubs, the big ones could eventually re-structure but mid and small prem clubs would find it very difficult. Kind of goes back to the point and time when Sky got involved with the Premier League and money became everything.

But it is very sad as it has not just been here in Norwich but all over the country where these packages have been offered. In these very tough economic times, going to different pubs, watching a game (where you know the pub landlord has not been over-charged for only few games a weekend) and spending the odd tenner watching the game. If the packages from Sky were different so, you could follow one team etc. I think you would have still good business. But if Sky think I am going to rush down because Liverpool are playing chelsea or man u playing arsenal they can think again I don''t care and I think pubs realise that actually it isn''t a good package, when you can choose games it is.

It is totally unlikely but if there was a boycott of Sky from pubs, clubs and households (told you it was unlikely) as a show of intent against the murdoch regime, then maybe one are of that regime would be hampered but it would only effect clubs television contract rights and hence the stranglehold that Murdoch has on our game.

Again though this is not Viasat breaking promises at the moment they have been told by others they cannot show it, I wonder when the next meeting is in Europe about the football media package that the UK is limited in  while we are in a free market through Europe.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Firstrow have the links up,but whether they work or not we will have to wait and see.Not that i do that sort of thing!

[/quote]

Sorry i did men to say Firstrow not Frontrow and i notice it is now up but last night we were discussing this at the PUPs meet and then it was not on thier schedule for today.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

As this seems open season for mentioning links and streams you are wrong CA as frontrow seats are not advertising it either or any other premiership games.[/quote]

I didn''t mention the live streams in my reply to Wiz  just the pubs, having said that there are  live streams advertsing the game today.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

As this seems open season for mentioning links and streams you are wrong CA as frontrow seats are not advertising it either or any other premiership games.[/quote]

I didn''t mention the live streams in my reply to Wiz  just the pubs, having said that there are  live streams advertsing the game today.

[/quote]

with three pubs in Beccles as well

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wizard"]

These worked last week:

Streams listed at

http://www.myp2p.pe/index.php?sport=football

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/sport/football.html

http://www.ilemi.me/

10  9  8  7................

[/quote]

I watched the Man Titty game via ilemi last week.

[/quote]

buy a season ticket wiz no problem watching it then

[/quote]

With what pete? buttons?

Thats if you can get one.....or more importantly......can afford one! [:|]