Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Enjoy Morison because...

Worrying times.  Before I read this thread, I was fairly sure Morison celebrated his goal against Arsenal on his own because we were only playing one up front and the nearest midfielder was 30 yards away... a pattern repeated for most of the game judging by the number of times he had nobody to pass or cross to.I was also fairly sure Lambert & Culverhouse thrive on team spirit and would soon drop Morison & Pilkington if they thought the two players weren''t doing it for the team.But now I''m not so certain. [:S]  I mean, I''ve never seen Clive Platt celebrate a goal like that, but that''s largely because I''ve never seen Clive Platt score a goal.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

He won''t be hanging around these parts long, Pilks too come to that.

Both play for themselves rather than City, they like to celebrate their goals firstly alone, arms outstretched to ward off team mates, its called the Dean Ashton effect.

Neither sit at the Canary table if you get my drift......potty?

Just you wait until the first offers comes in! [:@]

[/quote]

You might as well say ''enjoy all of it, because.....'' Cheer up it might never ''appen!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I mean, I''ve never seen Clive Platt celebrate a goal like that, but that''s largely because I''ve never seen Clive Platt score a goal.[/quote][:D]

Although I do not agree with Wiz that Morison is looking for a move I do think that possibly Jan but more likely end of season we will if we wish to keep him have to fight off some big bids.

[quote user="birchfest"]Also might I add that Ashton didnt jump ship immediatly, he did give us a chance and to be honest we hardly set the championship on fire in the first season we were down, its likely he saw that we were not going to be going back up and so who could blame him for wanting to return to the best league in the world. A huge club record fee came in that was likely irresitable to the previous regime and it was quickly spent on Earnshaw who at the time was a very prolific striker himself an could have potentially gotten us back up.

We have to remember that although the players care about the club, they are no the die hard fans we are of the place... put yourself in a position, your a Norwich fan but a pro footballer, blackburn sign you up from league 1 to the prem and your pleased and greatfull for the oppitunity and loyal to their cause, however you get relegated. Then say Aston Villa come in with an offer to ad an extra 25% on to your wages and a return to the top flight... would you feel a massive loyalty to blackburn? Or would you take the oppitunity to get back to the highest level and earn more!

We look at it as Norwich fans as if the players all have the Mr. Norwich City attitude of past players like Huckerby, yet in all honesty that really isnt the case, of course they care and of course they want to do well here, but they are by no means bound to the club in the same way we are!
[/quote]

It''s interesting to read Ashton''s interview with Hucks. It''s fairly clear that our board were more interested in 7.5 million than hanging on to Ashton. Let''s hope the current board doesn''t have the same attitude.

BTW, why has Hucks stopped doing interviews? There were some very interesting inside track information in them. Did the powers-that-be object?

BBTW, did anyone else notice that on Saturday against Arsenal, Paul Lambert spent a great deal of his time sitting in the dugout rather than patrolling his technical area? Had he, on some level accepted we were not as good as the opposition? Did this get through to the team?>  

Keep away...its MY goal!

[/quote]

There''s a pic I can''t seem to show here which illustrates perfectly what I mean.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Keep away...its MY goal!

[/quote]

There''s a pic I can''t seem to show here which illustrates perfectly what I mean.

[/quote]

Last go:

[img]http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/slideshow_26_1_1131719!image/2423985248.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/2423985248.jpg[/img]

Wiz. You are right about the goalm celebrations but it is hardly unique. Watch MOTD and then FLS and of the 150 plus goals, at least two thirds of the scorers will do just that.

It is as if an almighty game of tag is being played. You will see scorers wrestle teammates off and run off on their own. Eventually, after their individual moment, they give up and get enveloped in team mates.

Beckham is accused of starting this trend. Certainly, he was an early exponent. Now most of them do it.

Whatever, I don''t like it any more than you do but at least it''s better than the moronic choreographed celebrations of the last few seasons.

I expect both will go as will many others when we do go into administration, as our Old Boore''s Aldrainmac predicted previously ....

..... as he did with strikers coming in on loan -

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2427467/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="City1st"]I expect both will go as will many others when we do go into administration, as our Old Boore''s Aldrainmac predicted previously .... ..... as he did with strikers coming in on loan [/quote]

[I-)]

[quote user="City1st"]I expect both will go as will many others when we do go into administration, as our Old Boore''s Aldrainmac predicted previously .... ..... as he did with strikers coming in on loan [/quote]

[|-)]

[|-)]

[/quote]

Shouldn''t you two old fogies be sitting together on a porch somewhere sipping on your antacid?

Two questions

A) Why are we having this debate? , B) Is it relevant?

He''s playing well for city at the moment and someones picking holes in his goal celebration (and Pilkingtons)

Get a grip at least we''ve got players scoring goals at the moment, in the past I''ve been to games where we''ve had one shot on target in 90 minutes. I''d have certainly traded someone celebrating on their own for those performances and a win.

And if the worst happens and he scores enough goals to get a big money move - good luck to him, he''ll have deserved it!

You are so right, NorfolkChance. I could not give a monkeys as to how any of our players celebrate. So long as they keep banging ''em in , that''ll do for me.

I don''t see many Man City fans getting all worked up about Balotelli''s arrogant arm-folding routine after scoring his penalty last Sat.......

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Cop out Wiz. You respond to the abuse but not to efforts to engage with and disprove your point!![/quote]

I don''t need to respond CC because I''m right on this, studying body language for 3 years tells me all I really need to know.[:|]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Cop out Wiz. You respond to the abuse but not to efforts to engage with and disprove your point!![/quote]

I don''t need to respond CC because I''m right on this, studying body language for 3 years tells me all I really need to know.[:|]

[/quote]

The majority of goalscorers in professional football are looking for transfers and not just following the latest fad.

Oh course Wiz! Silly me!

[/quote]i am currently sitting with my legs crossed, is it 1. because i am a ctually a girl2. because i am fending a cat off the laptop3. because i''m holding in a p*ss...as a body language expert i am sure you can tell me.as for celebrating goals alone... youtube Rooney...  perhaps he just has bad breath.

The only career you have had studying people is studying people on this message board you strange old man

[quote user="BW"]The only career you have had studying people is studying people on this message board you strange old man[/quote]

Pot kettle black me thinks! [:S]

[/quote]HAHAHAHA!!!! This has got to be up there with one of the most insane things ive read on here, haha you really are an odd one. I tell you what your wasted on here, your psychic abilites to predict the future and your expert body anyalisis of one Goal celebration to give us one mans entire carrer plan is outstanding, Id imagine MI5 will be on the phone before the end of the week.Just to add to the pushing off picture... you are aware that he was pushing Pilks off so that he could run over to the front of the Barclay and celebrate with the fans.... that he intends to betray at the first oppitunity. You never know first Wiz, we might get relegated and then you can start a Lambert is going to jump ship campaign

Well, this thread has been an amusing read all round, so thanks Wiz for that [img]http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img] - reminds of the good ol'' days before the forum bust [:@]

[quote user="birchfest"]

You never know first Wiz, we might get relegated and then you can start a Lambert is going to jump ship campaign

[/quote]

No, I''ll leave that to the many fickle buggers on here.

Did you notice him bitching and moaning at Holt for a full minute yesterday because he didn''t pass to him?

He then did the same to Holt when he was clean through moments later.

His growing ego will destroy the dressing room at this rate! [:@]

I''ve heard on good authority that Holt is not the most popular player in the team because of this.

Did you also notice that Martin ran off on his own to celebrate.Maybe he''s off as well!!![8o|]