Sign in to follow this  
ziggy

increible weekend

liverpool 1 norwich 1 , man utd 1 man city 6 , qpr 1 chelsea 0 !!!!!!! is this the beginning of a massive change of power in the premier league ?????

Obviously delighted bout our result. Suprised at Man U result but a little disapointed with Chelsea result as a QPR loss would have worked to our advantage. But it is nice to see the ''underdogs'' win so to speak.

[quote user="ziggy"]liverpool 1 norwich 1 , man utd 1 man city 6 , qpr 1 chelsea 0 !!!!!!! is this the beginning of a massive change of power in the premier league ?????[/quote]No, I don''t think so.  Man City & Man Utd will be 1st or 2nd and it was reasonably even until the red card, and then the last 10 minutes put a huge amount of gloss on the overall performance as Man Utd were incredibly naive.  3-1 was probably a fair reflection, 4-1 arguably but the last 2 goals were silly.The QPR game was a fluke, "one of those days", not a change of power at all - though as I said on another thread I hope Chelsea are fined a lot of money for their shameful behaviour towards the ref.  If not, the Respect campaign is even more lame duck.

[quote user="exiled blue"]as a manchester city fan , it would be fair to say i`ve had worse weekends in my 35+ years of supporting them![/quote]Yes, those days when you were loitering around what is now League One must seem a million years ago tonight.I expect more than a few Blues fans will have suddenly acquired a few Arsenal fans on their Facebook '' Friends '' page....

I don''t think it was a fluke. I think Chelsea caved in under the unfamilar pressure of a proper local derby in a tiny stadium with the crowd right up ''em and within touching distance.

There were 22 players on the pitch when the goal went in, and the resultant meltdown was the result of pressure, off and on the park.

Loathe Chelsea but far from pleased at QPR''s three points and Warnock''s sudden enthusiasm for referees. Given the mountain we had to climb at Stamford Bridge the last thing we need is potential relegation rivals getting that sort of hand up - playing against 9 Chelsea players is the stuff of dreams but they celebrated like they''d beaten 11 men, even though they nearly blew it.

Not saying we wouldn''t have celebrated too but they did end up making real heavy weather of it.

[quote user="Lucien"]I don''t think it was a fluke. I think Chelsea caved in under the unfamilar pressure of a proper local derby in a tiny stadium with the crowd right up ''em and within touching distance.

There were 22 players on the pitch when the goal went in, and the resultant meltdown was the result of pressure, off and on the park.[/quote]

I think if we''d been awarded an early penalty and then had two Chavski players sent off in the first half a few weeks back we''d have actually been a little disappointed just to have won by a single goal.  As you said there were 11 Chelsea players on the pitch when your goal went in, but only nine Chelsea players on the pitch for the 50 odd minutes you failed to score. I''d definitely be a tad disappointed.....

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Lucien"]I don''t think it was a fluke. I think Chelsea caved in under the unfamilar pressure of a proper local derby in a tiny stadium with the crowd right up ''em and within touching distance.

There were 22 players on the pitch when the goal went in, and the resultant meltdown was the result of pressure, off and on the park.[/quote]

I think if we''d been awarded an early penalty and then had two Chavski players sent off in the first half a few weeks back we''d have actually been a little disappointed just to have won by a single goal.  As you said there were 11 Chelsea players on the pitch when your goal went in, but only nine Chelsea players on the pitch for the 50 odd minutes you failed to score. I''d definitely be a tad disappointed.....[/quote]And I believe I saw a stat that said Chelsea had considerably more possession than QPR in the second half... how is that even possible when you only have 8 outfield players?Also, Mister Chops, not entirely sure what game you were watching today? Even with 11 on the pitch, City were well superior to United, and you have to factor in that this was away at Old Trafford. Besides which, to say the last 10 minutes put a gloss on the game is a bit much - I think City had enough chances to score 8 or 9, and I can''t really remember a decent United chance except for their goal. For such an experienced team, to get so roundly slaughtered by your nearest rivals (even if you are down to 10 men) must be absolutely devestating.

" Yes, those days when you were loitering around what is now League One must seem a million years ago tonight. "

strangely, no. i think it`s what keeps the feet of every blue i know firmly on the ground tbh. we`ve handed out a few spankings so far this season, a few 4`s, 5 away against spurs, and then yesterdays 6. somewhere along the line we are going to get close to, if not into double figures i reckon.

and david silva could just be the best player in the club`s history. he`s certainly (imo) the best player in the prem atm.

all the plastic `reds` who`ve never been further north west than kings lynn seem to be keeping a low profile this morning!!. :)

[quote user="exiled blue"]" ......... we`ve handed out a few spankings so far this season, a few 4`s, 5 away against spurs, and then yesterdays 6. somewhere along the line we are going to get close to, if not into double figures i reckon. !. :)[/quote]Well here''s hoping you draw Ipswich in the Cup then we can all enjoy watching you do it  [:D]

QPR are sheite!

I would be embarrassed if we performed like QPR did against 9 men.

You could perhaps forgive QPR for not scoring against 9 men had Chelsea shut up shop say (had the scores been 0-0) and Chelsea were just playing fr a draw, but they didn''t.  Chelsea had more possession with 9 men, had loads of chances and were really pushing for goals.  As a result, there must have been gaps that QPR could have exploited and they didn''t or weren''t capable of doing.

Had we been playing against 9 men and the opposition were streaming forward like the alamo Lambert would have had us exploiting that.

I thought Man U were terrible.  As much as it was a great performance by Man City, it was a woeful one by Man U and it had been coming though.  Even their big experienced players looked lost and all at sea.  I was a bit surprised by Fergies starting line up too, I think he got that wrong and obviously the tactics, or lack of them, were miles off.

The Manure result wasn''t that much of a surprise and I had actually predicted an away win on my weekly score predictor. De Gea has had more shots to save than any other keeper in the Prem and a heavy defeat had been in the offing for a while. Man City have extremely clinical finishers and this coupled with the sending off inevitably spelt disaster. It''s just a shame that we couldn''t finish against them.