Sign in to follow this  
Kolin Kob

Liverpool player ratings

I was watching this on TV, so interested to see if those who were at the game would agree with me.Ruddy - 9 - I cheered for his final save as much as I cheered for Simeon Jackson''s goal at Portsmouth!Tierney - 8 - a battling performanceNaughton - 7 - good going forward in the second halfBarnett - 9 - dealt with everythingR Martin - 8 - who would guess he''s not a centre back. Very assured. Barnett and Martin were the reason Bennett - 7- OK but not his best game.Pilkington 8 - who needs a second striker when he''s so eager to get on the scoresheet?Morison - 7 - worked hard butFox - 6 - a bit anonymous, but thats his game. A bad first half, a great second oneJohnson - 7 - another game of two halves, but his physical presence was great defensivelyHoolahan - 7 - a few great Messi momentsHolt - 8 - though tempted to give a 10 just due to the moustache celebration. Loved it.Crofts - n/a

Ruddy 8

Naughton 7

Barnett 8

Martin 7

Tierney 7

Fox 6

Johnson 6

Bennett 6

Pilkington 7

Wes 7

Morison 7

Holt 7

Just to point out Kolin - it wasn''t a moustache celebration, he does it every time he scores - he has his wife and kids names tattooed on the inside of his wrist and he kisses it when he scores.

[quote user="kick it off"]Just to point out Kolin - it wasn''t a moustache celebration, he does it every time he scores - he has his wife and kids names tattooed on the inside of his wrist and he kisses it when he scores.[/quote]I''d wondered why he does it so often. When Holt scores, I''m normally too ecstatic to think about anything other than leaping around like an idiot

I think the first time most people noticed it was Ipswich at home last year during Movember so I can understand the confusion!

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]I thought Bradley Johnson was superb. One of our best players yesterday.[/quote]

Thought that was Johnson''s worst performance for us.

Ruddy 8.5

Naughton 7

Barnett 6.3

Russel martin 6.3

Tierney 6.5

Fox 5

johnson 5

bennett 5

Pilks 6.5

hoolahan 7.5

morison 6.5

holt 8

crofts n/a

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]I thought Bradley Johnson was superb. One of our best players yesterday.[/quote]

Thought that was Johnson''s worst performance for us.

[/quote]

Thought he was quite wasteful in possession at times on Saturday. Certainly one of his weaker games for us. But he has set the bar so high with his performances and energy this season, it must be hard to maintain that level every week. He will be an important figure against the physical threat of Blackburn though.

Agree with your scores apart from Fox. I think you are a bit harsh after such a great team performance . He had a job to do trying to close down Gerrard when he had the ball and stuck at it.

Loved his tackle on Carroll near the end. City only had a few set pieces so did not have much chance to work some magic with his assists.

Intersting stat - city have not lost when he has played this year ( apart from Man u)