Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

QPR / CHELSEA

Bosingwa Red - Never a red, that was never an obvious goalscoring opportunity.Drogba Red - Definately a sending off, terrible tackle.As for the other yellows the majority of them were silly little things that warrented a booking so all in all the ref done well. By the letter of the law he was right to give what he did (apart from Bosingwa''s). Imo Luiz was very lucky to stay on the pitch. Even against 9 men QPR looked poor, had chelsea had 11 men they would have hammered them.

We had Foy ourselves against Sunderland and he was absolutely fine.

Just seen Warcock on MOTD, what an horrible little man, he really does think the media love him..........fool.

I personally think Chris Foy had a good game and was right in his decisions, for bosingwa it was very similar to the incident wel holt got pulled down against the scum last year, Drogba, a definite red and no complaints against the pen. Its about time a top four side got treated equally.

Im pleased for qpr, but they should have seen them off with 9 men

[quote user="Twitchy"]Just seen Warcock on MOTD, what an horrible little man, he really does think the media love him..........fool.
[/quote]

Got more time for Warnock than I have AVB.

[quote user="Hoolahans Ped"]Bosingwa Red - Never a red, that was never an obvious goalscoring opportunity.

[/quote]

Well, he was going to be in the box with only the goalkeeper to beat.

It could have been a less obvious goalscoring opportunity.

Personally I thought the ref got some difficult decisions right and gave them against the big team, so he did really well. Annoyed about AVB whinging - Chelsea simply self-destructed.  We now know from experience you can''t get away with those sort of challenges in the PL, and it''s good that a big team got penalised.

For the penalty, the QPR player gave Luiz a shoulder-to-shoulder push on the edge of the area - on balance not a foul for me.  Luiz then gave him a clear push in the back, the attacker goes over as they do now, and it''s a clear pen.

For the Bosingwa sending off, he''s pulled back the player when he was through on the keeper, so the only question was whether Terry was a covering defender, I think the replay showed he was behind the play, so again the ref got it right.  Finally Drogba jumped in two footed so no question about that either.

But in the end Chelsea created enough chances with 9 men that they shouldn''t have lost.

As even Colin would agree it is about consistency when you referee (as I do) and personally I always look very carefully at any penalty decision . And I can assure you Colin would have gone ape if Holt had got that decision. The ref got it wrong in my opinion and slo mo proves me right, yes the player got a bump in the back but if you watch carefully you can see he landed normally and then fell like a sack of potatoes.

As a ref you have to think like a player and the QPR player knew he was going nowhere and by going down made the ref do something. If you also look carefully the ref was miles away to, which makes it hard to believe he really saw it clearly.

Later of course he then missed a clear penalty for Chelsea when a player going for a corner ball was wrestled to the ground.

Pesonally I also am getting fed up with all these red cards, the first one is debatable mainly because it is hard to see who is doing pulling pushing, you have to remember it is not only defenders who pull shirts and Terry was back to cover, and on second one Drogba did go in dangerously but clearly got the ball first and with not much velocity either, yellow yes red no that should be reserved for two footed off the ground tackles.

[quote user="CJ"]As even Colin would agree it is about consistency when you referee (as I do) and personally I always look very carefully at any penalty decision . And I can assure you Colin would have gone ape if Holt had got that decision. The ref got it wrong in my opinion and slo mo proves me right, yes the player got a bump in the back but if you watch carefully you can see he landed normally and then fell like a sack of potatoes. As a ref you have to think like a player and the QPR player knew he was going nowhere and by going down made the ref do something. If you also look carefully the ref was miles away to, which makes it hard to believe he really saw it clearly. Later of course he then missed a clear penalty for Chelsea when a player going for a corner ball was wrestled to the ground. Pesonally I also am getting fed up with all these red cards, the first one is debatable mainly because it is hard to see who is doing pulling pushing, you have to remember it is not only defenders who pull shirts and Terry was back to cover, and on second one Drogba did go in dangerously but clearly got the ball first and with not much velocity either, yellow yes red no that should be reserved for two footed off the ground tackles.[/quote]

Thankfully, you don''t referee at professional level!

Many decisions were clearly right but Chelsea did have three good shouts for penalties and one foul on Luiz was not far off the Warburton challenge in the Rugby World Cup.

Oh, poor Chelsea, so hard done by, with so few resources, always so even handed to match officials.

And the indignity of having to play on a tiny pitch with opposition supporters within touching distance.

How the canaries grieve for the billionaires. How ironic.

I thought the decisions were right actually and he did do a good job. It''s just frustrating that Chelsea put themselves under pressure. QPR were very lucky yesterday and I still feel they will finish last out of the promoted sides. Chelsea was the first game against the top 6 they have played.

No one cares who the teams were, I certainly don''t give two bob for either team. QPR a small club who don''t get much support, Chelsea a small club who were going up and down the league untill a Russian with money to waste needed a new toy.

But for the Ref, poor poor game, penalty, never on your nelly, we''ve had far too many questionable penalties against us.

The fisrt sending off was in no way a clear fouls, both players were side by side tugging away, at best a free kick.

Drogba got what he desrved, it was a sending off no doubt.

As for QPR, too many personalties with big egos, which will all end in a bad way, not saying relegation but that penalty debacle, like a bunch of kids in a school ground.

To be honest, the referee wasn''t actually bad at all. Drogba''s was an obvious red card, Luiz was stupid to give away the penalty and Bosingwa''s red card was one of those ''one week it''s a foul, the next week it''s not'' sort of decisions that can easily go against you. The important thing to take away from the game for me is that QPR were bloody awful. Against 9 men, albeit 9 very good players, they could barely string 3 passes together and correct me if I''m wrong, but they didn''t have another shot on target after the red cards? As somebody already mentioned, when they got the penalty the players with inflated ego''s (Taarabt and Barton) bickered between themselves on who should take the penalty and it was ridiculous. QPR can be very happy to leave with 3 points from a tough fixture but from what I''ve seen so far they are going to struggle this season despite the signings they have made. Watching teams like QPR play reminds me why I''m so proud to be a NCFC fan. Rant over

[quote user="CJ"]As even Colin would agree it is about consistency when you referee (as I do) and personally I always look very carefully at any penalty decision . And I can assure you Colin would have gone ape if Holt had got that decision. The ref got it wrong in my opinion and slo mo proves me right, yes the player got a bump in the back but if you watch carefully you can see he landed normally and then fell like a sack of potatoes. As a ref you have to think like a player and the QPR player knew he was going nowhere and by going down made the ref do something. If you also look carefully the ref was miles away to, which makes it hard to believe he really saw it clearly. Later of course he then missed a clear penalty for Chelsea when a player going for a corner ball was wrestled to the ground. Pesonally I also am getting fed up with all these red cards, the first one is debatable mainly because it is hard to see who is doing pulling pushing, you have to remember it is not only defenders who pull shirts and Terry was back to cover, and on second one Drogba did go in dangerously but clearly got the ball first and with not much velocity either, yellow yes red no that should be reserved for two footed off the ground tackles.[/quote]

I agree Colin would have gone ape to concede that penalty but that''s just him, it doesn''t say anything about whether it was right or wrong.

I think your comments are more about the difference between the approach of refs in the Prem and lower down, as we found out to our cost at the start of the season.  In the Prem, if a player gets a "bump in the back" and goes over, it''s normally a penalty, unlike the lower leagues where it probably wouldn''t have been given.  Chelsea were treated no different from anyone else in the Prem. 

Similarly when a forward is through and has a bit of a wrestling match with a defender, Prem refs tend to favour the attacker - I think both De Laet and Barnett were caught out this way in early games.  Personally I thought the replay showed the defender was pulling back more and Terry was behind the play so couldn''t be a covering defender, but that''s just how I saw it.

Ditto with Drogba - in the Prem if you go in two-footed it doesn''t seem to matter whether you win the ball first, if you take out the player it is normally a red, again unlike the lower leagues.

Personally I''m just glad we''ve stopped conceding a penalty in every game !  Suarez is certainly a prime example of a forward who will fall over any chance he get, so our CBs get a lot of credit for conceding so few fouls and no penalties to him !