Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Lets face it: We can't afford a striker who is good NOW...

By this I mean we cannot afford a striker in the window who is in form.  We''d all like Ashton or Bent or Ellington to come, but we can''t afford it.  Therefore, we need to look to players who aren''t prolific now, but have the potential to get us goals.  Maybe a bit of confidence or a bit of luck and they will start scoring. 

Players I would put in this bracket would be David Johnson. Bobby Zamora and yes, even Jamie Scowcroft.  None are prolific now.  But all, I feel anyway, have the potential to get us goals in the Premiership.  We can''t afford to do nothing and all these strikers we could afford to bring to Carrow Road now.  These types of players have experience, unlike the kids.  No offence to Jarvis and Crow.  They have come on and done magnificently.  But at the end of the day they are only kids.  We can''t expect them to perform like Premiership footballers week in week out.  Some players make it 18.  Most don''t.

I realise my suggestions and ramblings might not be very popular with the Norwich faithful, but I think it is our only solution

Fair point DDiM, however what are you basing this on? As mentioned in a previous thread Zamora''s record at Div 1 level is indifferent at best, he isn''t even close to Premiership class, Scowcroft hasn''t ever been prolific and David Johnson is a 29 yr old who has never scored goals outside Div 1 and has also been appalling at that level since coming back from injury.

None of these 3 are worth contemplating. We should be looking abroad IMO.

As I mentioned on a previous post, this guy was good until he fell into the hands of some of the worlds worst man-managers, Hoddle and Pardew.

We could do a lot lot lot worse - if Sam Allardyce had signed him everyone would say "He will turn him round".

Why not us?

[quote]By this I mean we cannot afford a striker in the window who is in form. We''d all like Ashton or Bent or Ellington to come, but we can''t afford it. Therefore, we need to look to players who aren''t pr...[/quote]

You''re right in one thing DD, no, its not popular with me!. 

I agree with what you are saying DD.

By the way, what is the meaning of your photo image? Is it that we are not going anywhere?

DD, I think you, like Worthy have got it about right! He does''nt want to bring us to a leeds situation.

Also if a loan player is available at high wages I would be happy with that for this year, and hope that we can just about beat relegation. We shall then have young players who are a bit more mature to bring in on a regular basis, and some money in the kitty, that will buy quality, to move us in the right direction both  financially and football-wise.  To put my two pennorth, Canary Boy, IMHO, DD''s picture shows a figure climbing a square ladder backwards.  Must be a message there somewhere.  OTBC!!!!

If we were going to pay over £500,000 for him then I would say no but for £250,000 I reckon he will be worth a risk.

If he only scores 4 goals for us, that could still see us safe and as he is only 24 we would be bound to make back the cash if we sell him in the future.

It''s quite clear that DD''s image reflects his personality....just like he tries to get more messages in than anyone else, he''s now trying to get the most laps in.