Sign in to follow this  
smooth

We could go 10 points clear of blackburn this weekend

That is how important this game at carrow road is.

Yes today let the local press enjoy our point against liverpool, but this game is even bigger in the context of our team staying up this league.

To go 10 points clear of a relegation rival would be a great result, one that again I think would re-inforce our ambitions of staying up. By beating those around us when there will be alot of pressure on us due to the situation blackburn are in will be a massive dent in their confidence and a great 3 points for us.

We need to want this game more than their players and know that the reward is that daylight between us and the team at the bottom.

The more points we accumulate before xmas the better, but more importantly the more teams we have below us drifting away the better. We know that at xmas the media will bring out the team at the bottom of the premier league has in the past been relegated. Lets hope that maybe Blackburn could be that team that is stuck at bottom and almost drifted away. Who knows Wigan (who are also on 5 points), the same could happen to them.

Hence this is a massive game, we go 10 points clear or we could be 4 points clear and their confidence will be buoyed.

I expect a win and I know Lambert and the team will, that doesn''t mean I expect it to be easy. I certainly don''t as Blackburn know they need a result. But I think if we play to the standards we have set ourselves we have a very good chance of getting the three points. Roll on Saturday.

The problem is that when we expect to win we are very likely to come a cropper. Blackburn will come to defend and will be difficult to break down. They seldom concede more than one goal and could cause a shock if we are too cocky.

Isn''t it great that we are talking about a possible Blackburn win as a shock result?

Tough game. The good news is that Kean looks as though he''ll still be there. I had real fears that he''d be sacked before the game and that new manager syndrome would see Blackburn beat us.

2-1 City win, not without its heartstopping moments. ''Twas ever thus.

Agreed that we do not take this game lightly, that is why it is so important. I don''t in the slightest and the best thing with Lambert is that he does not under-estimate any team. He prepares the team fully and I think that is very clear.

I am certain he will instill this in our team, no complacency, desire to win and to never lose concentration. They will know the importance and the fact that the game is 90 minutes. We can be patient and if we play to the standards we have set we can beat blackburn.

Yes they will come here, knowing this game can kick-start their season and certainly they will look at the fact we could go 10 points clear or they can close it to 4.

It is a massive game for them and if we beat a team that needs it as much as they do then we are in very good shape for the whole season. As it will show the mental strength that many Norwich teams have lacked in the past.

Surely one should never take any game lightly?

I don''t understand this mentality that some games are more important than others. If you treat every game the same you will perform more consistently, thus getting a better overall performance throughout the season.

Putting pressure on everybody by saying it''s a must win game is not how I want to watch city. If people could just enjoy the game for it''s own sake rather than be thinking about relegation issues all the time they might just enjoy the match more.

What I enjoy every time we play is watching the players give their all for every second they are on the pitch. I don''t think it matters to them who they play because they are giving 100% all the time anyway. Isn''t that the secret of our success over the last two years?

I agree it will be a lot harder than it looks on paper. Let''s not forget Norwich came unstuck a couple of times last season when we thought we had a home banker (Palace and Doncaster).

I''m glad Steve Kean hasn''t been sacked though, would of been even tougher had they got a new manager in for our game with all the enthusiasm that goes with it. He is out of his depth I think as a manager, in his interviews he never seems convincing and the protests must get to him.

Certainly will be a clash of styles, keeping free kicks in our half down to a minimum is essential and Ruddy will be called upon again to be at his best with the amount of balls Blackburn will be pumping into our box. At the other end, I think Wes will be key, we won''t win by Morison bullying their defence as he did against Swansea, Samba is not one for losing aerial battles. Get in behind them and hopefully Robinson isn''t having one of those wonder games he has in his locker.

As a prediction, I''ll go for our usual 2-1 win, but it will be extremely hard fought.

Lake District Canary, afraid I do see some games as more important as others. Always have and I am a very uncomfortable fan during the match. I am very nervous throughout so it is very rare that I enjoy a game, only if we were safe this season would I enjoy a game.

But I take your point each game is worth 3 points, it is that simple in those terms.

But for me it is about establishing momentum, altering the psychology of teams around us. There is no question that when we went up last year that our early games compared to those around us rattled the other teams who always had to re-act to our result.

I agree with the comments regarding Kean, I said it three weeks ago that I hope he is still in his job. The longer he is, the longer they will struggle. It will mean a great deal to them and they will come with a plan to disrupt our footballing style.

It may work but I also think they should see that we can adapt, the EB substitution against liverpool has shown a formation that can cause different problems.

So an intrigueing game, where I think the psychological result can be massive. I actually think we can get a 2-1 but it would be a great time for that clean sheet.

This is going to be harder then everyone thinks. They still have a very good squad and with promising young players Hoilett, Rochina and Formica, they can certain score goals up front.

"To go 10 points clear of a relegation rival "

what a load of idiotic, witless drivel !

We are currently sat in 8th place, nearer to a European place than a relegation place.

Maybe next time you watch a game I suggest you get off your knees and see what we are actually doing on the pitch.

Blackburn have a cup game against Newcastle (if my memory serves me) this week, can''t remember which night, so a lot could happen between now and Saturday.

seems unduly confrontational City1st, though i have seen and said this before to you and should really just ignore your posts.

"to go 10 points clear of a relegation rival" is perfectly sensible statement and Lambert would say the same if you asked him tomorrow. The objective this season is to avoid relegation. Once mathmatically guarenteed a place in the premiership next season (should that occur) Lambert will as he did in league 1 and championship will change his line to "we now will look at doing x". Probably something like finish as high as possible as each position is worth x ''000k / million.

Early season form suggests blackburn will be one of those occupying the bottom 3. Hopefully Norwich will not be at any point but and most importantly, by may, be clear.

Rob I think you have it spot on.

Wiz - I don''t think in the context of the season we would see playing a team in the bottom six as a potential banana skin. We are still considered strong favourites to be one of the three to go down. I am sure we are considered the potantial banana skin this season.

Yes in the past we notoriously put up good performances against the good teams and then struggle against the so called lesser. But with Lambert that seems to be the biggest change in ethos.

I think as the article suggest blackburn will be very hungry for this result, I certainly expect our team to be as hungry to take those three points.

Rob Sims

Your post takes stupidity to another level

""to go 10 points clear of a relegation rival" is perfectly sensible statement"

It is not, as it presumes we will be facing a relegation battle. Evidence is against this.

"and Lambert would say the same if you asked him tomorrow"

That is something you have made up.

"The objective this season is to avoid relegation"

Again something you have made up.

The whole post chunters along at this cretinous level. A bigger pile of idiotic drivel you would be stetched to find. Unless the other simpletons behind this type of ludicrous crud were to assemble and draw up a collective mission statement.

You have to wonder sometimes if evolution is not heading back into reverse in some parts of the country.

Blackburn have been playing well given their resources, but have not been getting results apparently, and are rumoured to be about to offer Kean an improved contract. [:O]

It would be a shame to undo the fantastic achievement of taking a point at Anfield by not beating Blackburn at home.

However even though they are currently bottom of the table this isn''t going to be easy (nor will any game in the prem) but I''m confident that Lambert will ensure the players don''t get carried away with the Liverpool result and give a 100% against a physical Blackburn side.

We have played way above the levels most people expected this season, but let''s not get carried away with talk of Europe etc as there''s still a very long way to go.

I predict a v close game with us edging a 3-2 win

Rob Sims

Your post takes stupidity to another level

I dont think it does. you sound like someone with a chip on their shoulder. there is no requirement to answer posts in such a pathetic manner, if you have nothing to reasonably add or debate and instead just being pedantic and rude, stfu, no one cares.

""to go 10 points clear of a relegation rival" is perfectly sensible statement"

It is not, as it presumes we will be facing a relegation battle. Evidence is against this.

6pts currently clear or relgation hardly suggests otherwise. it is a long season, particularly our last 6-8 games, talk to me in May. I think it will be a battle for every point.

"and Lambert would say the same if you asked him tomorrow"

That is something you have made up.

I can only presume this is what he would say as see link below. documenting lambert saying it 2 years running at the same time of year (september - december)

"The objective this season is to avoid relegation"

Again something you have made up.

no i havent. stated here by Paul Lambert after sunderland game.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/norwich-city/news/survival-still-priority-for-lambert_4402.html

and here the year before (re championship) to back up my claim this is what he is likely to say if asked tomorrow about city''s aim for this season.

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/9313126.stm

in your face you pathetic individual.

Sorry, I don''t want to get involved with someone else''s ''beef'' but is City 1st able to respond to a fellow poster and coincidentally a fellow Norwich fan without being so supercilious and arrogant? Everytime I come on here, there is a thread with him spilling bile.. At least, in the past, we could count on him to start multiple pointless threads about his beloved Ipswich Town inserting hilarious witicisms about the ...''intellectually challenged farmhands down the A140''. I wish he''d just stick to that..

JSLT - That was my point entirely, i have mentioned it twice on this board that all he produces is bile and perhaps to add to the thread discussion in some way. If you don''t agree fair enough say why without being such a pr1ck.

I''ve produced evidence which entirely undermines his t0ss.

Just for one day, I am seriously tempted to become the Great One''s angry young brother, "CityLast", and see what arrant supercilious nonsense I could spout.

I suspect I would sound like Hitler, though, or just a complete pratt.

I reply accordingly, check the thread re finances

You have posted up witless drivel claiming that we are in a relegation battle. Inventing stuff about what Paul Lambert would say and predicting our relegation, as in talkng about our staying in the Premier League as ''should that occur''.

Still it''s nice to know you have someone who shares your enthusiasm for making up stuff. Young mastert shackell has me posting ";multiple pointless threads about his beloved Ipswich Town".

About as accurate as his fellow fantasist. Yep, I''ve added to threads already started (try checking before squeaking on here) but hardly started multiple threads. Still thanks for reading them.

Beloved, hardly.

"''intellectually challenged farmhands" Not a phrase I have used. So again ,do at least try to keep your posts accurate.

Finally when we are in a relegation battle then lets have that debate until then perhaps it might be a better idea to dwell on what has happened and what is happening.

ps I wouldn''t take yourself so seriously if I were, I certainly don''t

check the links i''ve posted City1st.

apologies on a post card to me, signed. i''m a binner.

thank you very much,

in your face.

The Irony of your last post City 1st is so delicious I am coming back for more...

"ps I wouldn''t take yourself so seriously if I were, I certainly don''t" You obviously do chum, your writing style suggests you take yourself very seriously indeed. That is why I branded you as being supercilious...

I really cannot be bothered to trawl through your articulate ramblings about the state of affairs at "Poorman Road" (Is that one of yours?). You have definitely made reference to Intellectually challenged and/or Farmhands in a very drole manner in your obsessive Ipswich ramblings....

[quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"] I really cannot be bothered to trawl through your articulate ramblings about the state of affairs at "Poorman Road" (Is that one of yours?). You have definitely made reference to Intellectually challenged and/or Farmhands in a very drole manner in your obsessive Ipswich ramblings....[/quote]

I wouldnt trawl through his Ipswich posts, it''ll take you all day, there are 100''s [:)]

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]It''ll be interesting to see what team they will put out against Newcastle tomorrow. Hopefully it''ll be a full strength one.[/quote]

I imagine our players with their feet up wed night enjoying watching Blackburn struggle against an in form Newcastle.

Blackburn have everything to lose and nothing to gain from this cup game.