Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Bobby Zamora

Definitely not a good idea. Did nothing at spurs and i don''t think he''s prem class. Only if we can''t get anyone else should we contemplate him. If the worst comes to the worst, we know he can cut the mustard in 1st div.

Zamoras stats are better than Harewoods

Zamora 153 apps / 83 goals / .46 per game

Harewood 184 apps / 75 goals / .3 per game

I have always thought Bobby to be much more likely to cut it in the prem than Marlon and if we could get him so cheap I think it would be a steal.

would leave funds for a big name loanee !

Would still prefer Deano but at least it would be something !

Zamora has scored goals only for Brighton and only when they were in Div 2. Since then he has been in Div 1 with Brighton (few goals) and West Ham (very few goals) and in the prem with Spurs (very few goals).

OK he outscored Leon in Div 2 (old name I know its what I am comfortable with) but that was in a promotion winning team. However Leons Div record is superior and we all know he is not the answer to our striking problems so why should Zamora? He is being kept out of the side by Harewood who is probably not what we need either. (On that any news from the WHU news conference???)

The only plus point appears to be the price... which is no reason to sign a player.

Having said that I was anti Docs signing and he is now starting to look like our best central defender.

OTBC

It''s all about getting the right player for the right team!!

If Worthington can re-ignite his career then i''m in favour!! He knows where the goal is, he just needs to get re-Acquainted!!

I still believe if we were to get him, we would need another forward to partner him!!

I dunno.

This kid had it all, pace, flair, predatory instincts, heading ability and it was a matter of when he would make it, not if.

But his last two managers are, in my humble opinion, the two WORST man-managers in the country, Hoddle and Pardew.

For £250k, if Nigel can help him rediscover his form and confidence, and NOT play him on the wing, we may well have got ourselves the bargain of the century.

This would be an excellent signing - maybe not the answer to our current problems, but this boy is a goal machine for the future and at 250k - a bargain to boot!. When Worthy has installed some confidence in him - he´ll be a superstar. 

What makes you all feel that Ashton or Bent or Hulse or all the others that have been linked to the club will do any better?  Everythings a gamble, and at this stage of the season whats more important than anything is to keep morale high and new players arriving do that.

At the price quoted would be a good addition, in my opinion - He''s only 24 (or nearly), is 6''1 so would add height, and has scored goals, albeit mainly at a lower level. Worthy has a good track record in these sort of deals - I am now happy with the Doc transfer, despite initial doubts, and again Doc is a young player, who needs the confidence of playing and not being in and out, as he was at Spurs. The same thing could apply to Zamora. Go for it! 

It would be a nice irony if we were to sign him now given that he was with us for a couple of years as a youngster and we let him go because he was too small.

Just after we let him go for being too small he grew about another foot in a year or something like that.

i thought the song was "when the ball hits the goal its not shearer or cole its zamorrraaa"??

maybe im wrong!

still a (rap signing, would rather play crow

www.nycanaries.com

doesnt ryhme mate

god, i hope we just sign someone soon and get it over with so i can stop taking the pills to calm me down!

www.nycanaries.com

Come ON!

I''d love Zamora - this is a dream come true if so!

Please, please, please be true!

see u in the championship:

nice optimism there Robert nice to know you believe in the team and their capability to stay up.

Anyway i agree with Andrew we need someone with the ability now not potential.

ABILITY NOT POTENTIAL!!!!!!!!!

Worthy quote in tonight''s Evening News about Zamora:

"No, nothing in that one"

What a surprise, it was a load of b*****ks after all!

We really need to sign someone who has played and scored in the PL.  There is no point buying potential or someone from abroad because we just don''t have the time for them to settle in.  If the only striker we signed in Jan was Zamora I would take that as an indication that NW is building a squad for the fizzy league next year.

I know Worthy has denied the rumour but for £250k he would be worth adding to the squad but we would need another striker to add to the starting 11.