Sign in to follow this  
Cappsy

Man City away - Area 1 and 2

was confused about this for united away also. does anyone know the locations of each? all I know is there''s a chunk of the stand behind the goal as I''ve seen on tv. area 2 is more expensive and I took the more expensive option for united and had a great view but was in the slither of seats that were next to the corner quadrant. thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas/information

With only a £2 difference, I don''t see the point in having 2 prices.  Surely a flat £39 would be easier for everyone (I''m guessing it''s to match what home fans have to pay).

the away fans get both tiers behind one goal, at the opposite end from the coach park and club shop if you look at a map of the ground. you aren`t stuck in a corner like at united. in the event of you not filling both tiers,returning tickets in other words, they move away fans downstairs and the upper bit becomes a `family stand`, which goes on open sale to city fans.

[quote user="exiled blue"]the away fans get both tiers behind one goal, at the opposite end from the coach park and club shop if you look at a map of the ground. you aren`t stuck in a corner like at united. in the event of you not filling both tiers,returning tickets in other words, they move away fans downstairs and the upper bit becomes a `family stand`, which goes on open sale to city fans.[/quote]

I imagine that it will be sold out for our fans.

Nice system which you have in place though.

it is. they do special offers on the upper tier family thing. i used it once last season against fulham, for myself, the mrs and two kids it cost 40 quid!, 15 each for me and her and a fiver for under 16`s. bargain!.

it`s the south stand btw, forgot to give it a name!. if you go by coach you get to walk up joe mercer way. if you go around to the left of the ground an hour or so before kick off, you see all the club`s guests as they go toward the main official entrance.last time i was up there shook hands with franny lee and peter reid, ron atkinson was there, don`t know why!!, loads of ex players. plus, there`s a secure area where the players arrive, the home players drive in, hand their cars over to the valet parking and are whisked underground into the stadium. the away bus drives straight into a big underground-like tunnel into the ground. all very `bond super villain` like` :)

3,000 give or take a few he tells me. 1500 top tier 1500 bottom.

i don`t know if this is teaching you boys to `suck eggs` or not, i don`t know what sort of entry system you have at carrow road now, but at city it`s all electronic, meaning you have to have your `ticket` read by a reader on the turnstile. i know another guy who works the gates on matchdays, and he says this seems to baffle most away fans!, and can cause delays getting in. not a big deal as there are people around outside with "i`m here to help" tabards on who are brilliant if you do get stuck. but just something to bear in mind.

[quote user="exiled blue"]3,000 give or take a few he tells me. 1500 top tier 1500 bottom.

i don`t know if this is teaching you boys to `suck eggs` or not, i don`t know what sort of entry system you have at carrow road now, but at city it`s all electronic, meaning you have to have your `ticket` read by a reader on the turnstile. i know another guy who works the gates on matchdays, and he says this seems to baffle most away fans!, and can cause delays getting in. not a big deal as there are people around outside with "i`m here to help" tabards on who are brilliant if you do get stuck. but just something to bear in mind.[/quote]Used to them having been to Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge already this season. I don''t see the point of them to be honest, it always seems loads quicker with the old man in the turnstile ripping off your stub! [:)]