Sign in to follow this  
ziggy

penalty taker

just been wondering who would be the spot kick taker if holty is not on the pitch ????? must be one coming our way before long !!!!!!!

I guess it would be Wessi... I am sure he has learnt since his blinder against Preston! However if Holty is on the pitch its a no brainer for me! He certainly knows how to fire it into the net!

Wes is the wrong guy to take penalties having missed last season at QPR and then also with his silly chip. At this level he is odds on to fail to score IMO. I''d go for whoever can kick the ball hardest and on target. That''s Holt if on the pitch or whoever else fits that criteria when he is not.  

Johnson, if the keeper did save it he would find his hands going into the back of the net with the ball or any other body part unfortunate enough to get in the way! Orrrr, there might be a football shaped hole in the roof of the barclay...

I actually agree with Paul Moy for once. I also agree with the previous post, I would fancy Johnson to put them away!

Always a fan of the striker taking penalties.

His job for a living is to hit the ball into the back of the net. If he doesn''t want to take it / can''t score on a decent basis (80%) from 12 yards out with no defender around and just the keeper to beat he should reevaluate his career.

[quote user="birchfest"]Johnson, if the keeper did save it he would find his hands going into the back of the net with the ball or any other body part unfortunate enough to get in the way! Orrrr, there might be a football shaped hole in the roof of the barclay...
[/quote]........have actually seen this happen in singapore in a RAF match against the gurkhas, goalie got to it but ended up in the back of the net with the ball. very funny.