Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Blackburn

Potential banana skin. It''s important after getting a point at Anfield that we keep our feet on the ground and not get carried away thinking all we''ve got to do is turn up and win at home against the bottom side. It''s natural for Norwich fans in this kind of situation for expectations to perhaps rise a bit too high, yes it''s been a great start but we are still a newly promoted side and we''re still learning so if things aren''t going particularly well on Saturday and we go a goal down or it''s 0-0 at half time and we''re struggling, we need to stay behind the lads and keep a confident atmosphere instead of getting a bit edgy and frustrated which will no doubt spread to the players. Seen it happen a million times with us even under Lambert, Southampton at home in L1 and Palace and Doncaster last season spring to mind.

My thoughts exactly. I also think they''re a better side than their results suggest and there''s no easy 3 points in this league.

I cant help but feel if the boys come out flying we could put this beyond them quickly... but that is the key, we cant get frustrated because of this knowledge, if it isnt working we are capable of switching things around and getting it. Its all about the 3 points, even if we do have to grind it out!

Totally agree - this Saturday is going to be as tough as any other. It unfortunately also has the added pressure as there is more expectation to win.

However I am still confident we can get 3 points in the bag!

This is a massive game, we can go and put a statement out. We are playing a team with fragile confidence and one that we can stretch our lead upon.

I do not expect it to be easy at all, in fact it is a game where we need patience. I would be disappointed with a draw or a loss, as I feel this is a statement of intent for the whole season in this one game.

If we can put a team that is bottom of the table 10 points behind us then we have the grit to stay in this division.

Obviously they will be up for this game and that is what makes it such a good prospect, but with lambert I feel that he will certainly install in our team the purpose for this game. Unlike many other managers have done in the past.

Honestly cannot wait for saturday

I have to agree, I think the place needs to be rocking from the off, really looking foward to tomorrow.

We can''t be to complacent with Blackburn and just expect a win, in fact I think it is personally like that with any team.

Hopefully after they went to extra time they are a bit slow and have a few niggles here and there.

Just lookin foward to the game and let''s get behind the boys :)

OTBC!

Agree.Our biggest mistake would be to underestimate anybody in this league,we''re all in it for a reason.One thing I do is have a look at the forums of whichever team we happen to be playing next & I''ve noticed that is without fail all the other teams fans have more or less dismissed us & expect a large win for their team.Blackburn can be a decent side & we must approach it with the same passion as we have against the likes of Chelsea,Man Utd & Liverpool.Luckily the confidence & belief that Paul Lambert has instilled in the players is still evident, that we can compete with any of the teams in the Premiership.       

Agree with all of this. Fortunately PL will not allow the players to underestimate Blackburn.

The other fortunately is that they are under huge pressure. A defeat tomorrow and it will be difficult for them to blame their poor league position on difficult early fixtures, whereas our point at Anfield and win over Swansea mean that a point tomorrow is not a terrible result.

The atmosphere at CR has seemed fantastic this season, so hopefully the fans will be up for it with the same lack of complacency which we see on this thread so far.

Come on boys

Agreed. A few years back you could rely on the team to beat the top teams and lose to those at the bottom. This is less true now, although there is some truth in it.How did we lose to WBA?

Blackburn are fighting for their lives, and can''t afford to drop further behind other teams. They want points badly, Even if they have already written off their manager mentally, there are pride and high wages to play for.

I think that it will be a tough game, and there may be only one goal in it whether it is high-scoring or low-scoring. We must shade it by the proper mental attitude, and here we have a major advantage called Paul Lambert.

Oh, and by the way, it''s not a potential banana skin. It''s a banana skin. The whole point of the image of the banana skin is that it suggests potentiality in itself - you might slip on it.

So the phrase ''potential banana skin'' is a tautology.

Always pleased to be of service

I don''t think PL will underestimate any team in this league, neither will the boys., Blackburn need the points...so we need to be carefull. We need to get at them from the off!!! Score first , so their confidence dips down immediately...a scenario like the Swansea game would be a dream! We''ve got a gritty and resiliant bunch, so they showed after going behind against Liverpool just before HT!!!

We''re showing the Norwich City spirit! OTBC

Get behind the lads from the kick off (means everyone not just Barclay and Snakepit) get the place rocking and see the lads go for the throats I''m sure even if we gt them to concede a corner early there confidence will slip, I imagine we will have to be careful when they go on the counter attack though.