Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Blackburn nearly on course for top ten finish

The guy has to be insane

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9320688.Kean__Blackburn_Rovers_nearly_on_course_for_top_10_finish/?ref=mc

And note in a couple of these comments showing the turmoil at Ewood Park are the players turning to the side of the fans as well - remember our thrashing when the same happened at Carrow Road

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9321537.Blackburn_Rovers_fans_protest_against_Kean/?ref=mr

Do we want him still there or not? I''d say we want him still there on Saturday, as then hopefully they will play poor still and lose, as opposed to all the players playing well with loads of effort playing for a place in the team, if he gets sacked between now and then. With these Indian owners though, I don''t think it''s likely for him to go anyway, but I hope he does! [:)]

I just wonder how many points they "budgeted for" against us? Probably 6 or 4! In any case, I don''t think it is going to be an easy game, given their desperation for points, on the other hand, their midweek cup fixture against Newcastle may work in our favour.

they have to be the most clueless owners, ever. they seem to use the premier league status as a trophy to parade around india to help them flog chicken, whilst being seemingly totally unaware of the fact that if things don`t change, they`ll be extolling the virtues of championship football to next year`s audience in delhi.

[quote user="exiled blue"]they have to be the most clueless owners, ever. they seem to use the premier league status as a trophy to parade around india to help them flog chicken, whilst being seemingly totally unaware of the fact that if things don`t change, they`ll be extolling the virtues of championship football to next year`s audience in delhi.[/quote]

I get the feeling that the only reason they haven''t sacked Keene is because they don''t have a clue who to replace him with.

Interesting piece in today''s Grauniad:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/27/blackburn-rovers-steve-kean-norwich

Personally I quite like the idea of ''budgeting'' for points against particular teams.

But it does make the point that Rovers are desperate for a win tomorrow, and that they expect to get one at Carrow Road.

Not sure whether that makes them a tougher nut to crack than we think, or whether they''ll be complacent. Either way, a tough game in prospect, I think.

[quote user="exiled blue"]they have to be the most clueless owners, ever. they seem to use the premier league status as a trophy to parade around india to help them flog chicken, whilst being seemingly totally unaware of the fact that if things don`t change, they`ll be extolling the virtues of championship football to next year`s audience in delhi.[/quote]

And Big Sam is laughing his head off right now, and even louder if he gets Wetspam back up. 

I think it''s gonna be a very tough game...especially if we don''t get going fast enough. But the City faithfull will be in full voice and the lads won''t give in. They''re desperate, so the 1st (early) goal will be important. Confidence is high and if we get ahead it will be even higher... I think it will be crucial to rub their faces in it, by getting ahead

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Interesting piece in today''s Grauniad: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/27/blackburn-rovers-steve-kean-norwich Personally I quite like the idea of ''budgeting'' for points against particular teams. But it does make the point that Rovers are desperate for a win tomorrow, and that they expect to get one at Carrow Road. Not sure whether that makes them a tougher nut to crack than we think, or whether they''ll be complacent. Either way, a tough game in prospect, I think.[/quote]

Steve Kean talks a very good game, and is always very positive in the media. Will be interesting to see if the mid week win helps them by boosting confidence, or the 120 minutes of football they played will stretch their already thin squad.

Formica and Hoillet are their obvious danger men, and they will of course be looking to make the most of any set-pieces they get. Have a feeling Barnett and Samba will be going head-to-head (quite literally) at both ends of the pitch. I think the key to beating them is to attack Givet and Salgado with pace - which is luckily something Norwich have been good at doing this season.