Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Singing Before Kick Off?

Just wondering why we do not start singing before the players come out, we only start singing when the man says it through the Tannoy.

Just curious as to why we don''t start a bit before that and get the place rocking, the Swansea and Sunderland fans started doing it at Carrow Road before either side came out.

Just thought it would be nice to have the place rocking before KO

Thanks

[quote user="Cookieace"]Maybe they should get there 5 to 10 mins earlier?

Would not hurt them I am sure.[/quote]Less drinking time in the Coach and Horses.. and no one wants that

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Because you cant hear yourself think with the incredibly loud music!!

There would be no point!
[/quote]

Agreed, why are we playing ten year old Fatboy Slim tracks so loudly before KO? How are you supposed to create an atmosphere with that on? Get rid of it, get rid of the mong-a-long OTBC before the game, and please, for the love of God, bin the goal celebration music. It''s so tin-pot it hurts.

Used to be plenty of singing before kick off back in the days of standing on terraces. Had to get in early then to get ''your'' spot. Bit of singing and jeering the away fans helped pass the time till kick off.

We normally see loads of people smoking outside the stadium when we go in as they can''t inside - and I''m not singing before ko if I''m eating a pie - I''ll choke!!

The bloody CR sound system has taken a lot of the passion out of watching live matches with it''s jingoistic Americanised racket.Shut it off and let the players hear the fans instead of the contrived phoney ''atmosphere'' they (and the fans) are no longer able to enjoy..

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]The bloody CR sound system has taken a lot of the passion out of watching live matches with it''s jingoistic Americanised racket.Shut it off and let the players hear the fans instead of the contrived phoney ''atmosphere'' they (and the fans) are no longer able to enjoy..[/quote]I agree with that Cluck...can''t help wondering how you know though! [;)]

" ten year old Fatboy Slim tracks so loudly before KO? How are you supposed to create an atmosphere with that on? Get rid of it, get rid of the mong-a-long OTBC before the game, and please, for the love of God, bin the goal celebration music. It''s so tin-pot it hurts "

I think that might prove a bit confusing for many of the happy clappies.

The early music is to enhance the experience and the ''30 second shout'' lets them know that the game is about to start. I think it''s been reduced to a cuckooo clock format so as to replicate the clock ticking in countdown.

I think the idea is to encourage the customers to see the ''experience'' as a series of actions that are signified and celebrated by certain types of music. A chap called Pavlov did a experiment with dogs, I believe.

The goal music follows the same trend, whereby it lets the happy clappies know that a goal (for us) has been scored - and the length of the music tells them how long they are supposed to stand up and cheer, before respectively sitting down again.

Likewise the piece of music at the end which informs such folk the game is over and it is time to go home. I think the Teletubbies used a similar method which proved very popular with Mums.

ps I didn''t know fatboy slim was only ten years old, bright little chap isn''t he ?

[quote user="City1st"]" ten year old Fatboy Slim tracks so loudly before KO? How are you supposed to create an atmosphere with that on? Get rid of it, get rid of the mong-a-long OTBC before the game, and please, for the love of God, bin the goal celebration music. It''s so tin-pot it hurts "

I think that might prove a bit confusing for many of the happy clappies.

The early music is to enhance the experience and the ''30 second shout'' lets them know that the game is about to start. I think it''s been reduced to a cuckooo clock format so as to replicate the clock ticking in countdown.

I think the idea is to encourage the customers to see the ''experience'' as a series of actions that are signified and celebrated by certain types of music. A chap called Pavlov did a experiment with dogs, I believe.

The goal music follows the same trend, whereby it lets the happy clappies know that a goal (for us) has been scored - and the length of the music tells them how long they are supposed to stand up and cheer, before respectively sitting down again.

Likewise the piece of music at the end which informs such folk the game is over and it is time to go home. I think the Teletubbies used a similar method which proved very popular with Mums.

ps I didn''t know fatboy slim was only ten years old, bright little chap isn''t he ?

.[/quote]As good a view as they come regarding this subject. [Y]I felt much of the live game experience died when this attempted ''directing of atmosphere'' came into being and as you rightly say it must clearly be for the benefit of the ''happy clappy'' new age spectator.I''d like to see the club suspend this nonsense for an entire home fixture and then gauge the opinion of fans and players alike. It might cause the redundancy of the irritating individual pushing the sound system buttons.... but it''s a step worth taking to bring back a ''proper football atmosphere'' for proper football fans to relish.

What I don''t understand is when the guys does the OTBC bit every stand joins in, if they are capable of doing that why can''t they sing throughout the game?

When I used to sit in the Jarrold it was like a Morgue, everyone quiet just the occasional clap and singing if people decided they wanted to join in.

[quote user="Cookieace"]What I don''t understand is when the guys does the OTBC bit every stand joins in, if they are capable of doing that why can''t they sing throughout the game?

When I used to sit in the Jarrold it was like a Morgue, everyone quiet just the occasional clap and singing if people decided they wanted to join in.[/quote]They used to but when things become as orchestrated as they are the supporters just learn to follow the leader......Having said that... there have always been ''respectable'' stands and rowdy ones.

What''s also overlooked Mr Cl;uck bloke is that where previously most fans at the game had come through football by playing it and being involved a local and l''ow level basis'' that is not so much the case now.

The ''customer base'' has moved dramaticaly away from this towards the ''happy clappy'' type who will associate football with TV, whereby there is an opening theme music and closing music. And if TV and more importantly advertisers continue to have their way there will be video control so that replays can be played and the game will consist of a series of contrived incidents, free kicks, sendings off and goal line appeals etc

For those who are there for the football that would be a horror, for those who see it as a variation of Disney Land then it will be a welcome development. You go to Disney land and expect to see Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck etc and go on so many rides. To retain this ''experience'' football will have to adapt, to deliver these ''experiences'' as part of the contract rather than as something that is part of the overall game - to a more or less extent at each game.

Even the time added on is a nod in that direction rather than an attempt to redress time wasted by players. If we are not too careful football will be taking it a step further by restricting what drink you can take into the ground and having a couple of their own variation of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck walking round the pitch