Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Pardew/Warnock/Moore should take note of Worthy

If the report is true I am amazed that Pardew blames the ref for Etherington having to miss a future game. I had an excellent view of the whole incident and Etherington was just taking the mickey out of the ref because each time he was asked to move the ball he just moved it an inch but not inside the correct area. You have to be really stupid or naive to do that in front of the away supporters. Pardew suggested that Etherington thought there was an incident going on elsewhere. The bottom line is that if Etherington had placed the ball in the right place he would not have been given a second yellow card and sent off. Pardew should blame the player and not the ref.

Messrs Pardew / Warnock / Moore should take note of Worthy''s attitude towards the referee. On more than one occasion he knows that refs have given bad decisions against us but he hasn''t confronted the ref on the pitch or made a song and dance about it afterwards. He believes the referee mistakes will even themselves out over the season. He sets an excellent discipline example to his players and they follow the managers lead.

I bet there are a lot of chairmen out there who would love to have Worthy as their manager. He has got us top of the league, with great team spirit and discipline, full houses and destined for the Premiership. Doesn''t it just bring tears to your eyes Delia.

Regular readers of the board will know I''m not Worthy''s greatest fan but I have to agree that his attitude to refs is spot on. After an important game like this he could have had a rant about the penalty we didnt get but wisely chose not to. He seems to have a realistic attitude about incidents like these, you win some, you lose some, and its always going to be like that.

As for Etherington, he must be a complete idiot to mess around the way he did when already on a yellow, and its beyond me why Pardew had a go at the ref instead of the player, but after that little performance I think a ban for both manager and player would be well deserved.

You are spot on Silver Fox. I was going to post a simialr thread myself stressing what a professional manager we have compared with others in this league.

Incidently, WorthyOut have you considered changing your alias at all? I know mine is pretty stupid, but yours is just plain ridiculous!