Sign in to follow this  
bexncfc

pubs

i normally go straight to the ground but have got a friend coming over and am taking them to watch us so thought it would nice to go to the pub which ones are good and are close to the ground?

Depends what sort of thing you are after Bex, the one''s down riverside are popular especially with the younger fans and are packed so can take a while to get served, the Coach and Horses on Thorpe Road serves great Real Ales and food, like the riverside bars it gets packed and can take a while to get served, the Nelson opposite the train station is also very popular as is the Mustard Pot and the Holiday Inn at the ground

[quote user="Harry"]Depends what sort of thing you are after Bex, the one''s down riverside are popular especially with the younger fans and are packed so can take a while to get served, the Coach and Horses on Thorpe Road serves great Real Ales and food, like the riverside bars it gets packed and can take a while to get served, the Nelson opposite the train station is also very popular as is the Mustard Pot and the Holiday Inn at the ground[/quote]Sounds like it''ll be four cans of Special Brew in a brown paper bag on a bench by the river then.....Alternatively you could try the Stracey Hotel opp the Coach & Horses. Usually quieter than the Coach but if you don''t mind a 15/20 min walk to the ground why not try the Red Lion on Riverside - left hand side towards Ketts Hill - or the Ketts Tavern at the bottom of Ketts Hill. Quiet in both and you can sit outside. They do good beer, food, and there''s Sky Sports at the Ketts.  Good luck.

Rocco''s was very good pre Swansea match. I had never been there before and was pleasantly surprised! More screens than you can shake a stick at and never a queue for the bar despite there being well over a hundred fans in there.

Its not a place for a good old Ale as are most that get mentioned on this board. Its a bit big and brash but was certainly a tasty warm up before the 5-7 minute walk along the river to the ground.

[quote user="Harry"] the one''s down riverside are popular especially with the younger fans and are packed so can take a while to get served, [/quote]even lionger when you consider there is only 1 pub left! lloyds...I remember squares, Norwegian Blue, Brannigans... all were woefully rubbish but ideal for a pre match pint.

[quote user="bexncfc"]thanks i might go to roccos then![/quote]

Roccos did seem to have a fair few Stone Island wannabees in there last season, the Coach and Horses gets my vote, much friendlier imo.

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]What is a Stone Island wannabe?[/quote]

Think Danny Dyer/Green Street/Football Factory but worse.

It''s not too exciting, true. I live in london, and it does not seem much has come up recently. Rosary was not a fav of mine but a loss nevertheless. Jubilee probably still the best. If visitors are in town I would cab it from the Fat Cat if real ale is your thing. The Ferry Boat was my fav years ago but long gone, Kingsway too. These days King Arms at Lakey is ok, but just not the choice of old.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]What is a Stone Island wannabe?[/quote]

Think Danny Dyer/Green Street/Football Factory but worse.

[/quote]

nicely put!!