morison 

or (my view)

ruddy

naughton martin barnett tierney

fox

crofts                   pilks

hoolahoop

morison       holt

Definitely not your team. Fatal lack of width and an over-exposed Fox.

I''d keep the 4-2-3-1. If we want both Holt and Morison I would sacrifice Bennet and play Wes on the right, from where he cut in with such effect at Anfield.

But our results and performances have been so good with 4-2-3-1 that I can''t really see a reason to change it.

We dont need to change a winning side JUST because Holt scored, the side didnt become bad over night we were just up against a very good liverpool side who forced us back for periods of the game. The starting line up worked brilliantly against Bolton, Sunderland and Swansea, while also kept us in the game against Liverpool! For me the same starting line up, but we know to bring on Holt an drop hoolahan to the right or left depending on who goes off, earlier if if things arnt working! Personally i would like to see jackson get some minutes just to inject abit of pace at the end of the game.

Holt

Holt         Holt         Holt         Holt

Holt      Holt       Holt

Holt                                               Holt

Holt

In response to the posts above imho we definitely need to shake things up a bit.  Blackburn will be expecting to play the same formation and probably the same side and will have been preparing as such.

Ruddy

Naughton  Martin  De Laet  Tierney

fox

Pilkington    Crofts  Johnson

Hoolahan

Morison 

Of the many plusses already this season, one of the biggest for me has been Martin''s succesful conversion to centre back. So much so that in the above team selections he seems to be an automatic choice.

I remember the doubts we all had when he first came to Carrow Road.

What a brilliant and inexpensive aquisition by PL.

Grant or Morison? Whether starting or sub, Holt should, by rights play some part in the majority of games this season, especially if we are behind in the second half.

I''m in a "stating the obvious" mood today.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Definitely not your team. Fatal lack of width and an over-exposed Fox. I''d keep the 4-2-3-1. If we want both Holt and Morison I would sacrifice Bennet and play Wes on the right, from where he cut in with such effect at Anfield. But our results and performances have been so good with 4-2-3-1 that I can''t really see a reason to change it.[/quote]Agree with you Robert!

Can''t see why we would want to go with a team without Bennett or Johnson - two of our best players so far this season.

Width could be a key to this game, Blackburn centre backs are Samba and Dann, a decent partnership but their full backs are Salgado and Givet both slow and a bit useless. Attack these guys with pace and you are more than likely to get some joy, but mindless long balls into the box or blind crosses into ''the right area'' will not result in anything positive.

I can''t see Lambert chaging the team. It might be what Blackburn are expecting but for them to find a solution against it is a very different matter for them,

Can see us winning 3-1!

OTBC

it''s tough Holt deserves a start but we can''t change the current line up, the form is too good.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

start with:

ruddy

johnson fox

bennett    hoolahan     pilkington

morison 

or (my view)

ruddy

fox

hoolahoop

morison       holt

[/quote]

No Bradley Johnson?

Explain please.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Width could be a key to this game, Blackburn centre backs are Samba and Dann, a decent partnership but their full backs are Salgado and Givet both slow and a bit useless. Attack these guys with pace and you are more than likely to get some joy, but mindless long balls into the box or blind crosses into ''the right area'' will not result in anything positive.

[/quote]

Pretty sure Salgado is definitely ruled out and both Dann and Givet are doubtful.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="mrs miggins"]

start with:

ruddy

johnson fox

bennett    hoolahan     pilkington

morison 

or (my view)

ruddy

fox

hoolahoop

morison       holt

[/quote] No Bradley Johnson? Explain please.[/quote]

the reason why i did not have johnson in the team was

a-because crofts knows how to use the diamond effectively (not saying johnson won''t be good, he''s just not used to it)

b- crofts is a better attacker. last game johnson was fantastic defensively, but you can''t deny he gave the ball away too much. you know what you get with crofts.

[quote user="curly_whirly_tipz"]Pretty certain it will remain the same - no point changing a winning team imo.[/quote]

we didn''t win, but i see what you mean

Sorry no Mrs Miggins we didnt win lol - but it felt like we did lol! A point at Liverpool cant be bad and picking up points/wins elsewhere :)

I guess the phrase if it aint broke to fix it (as someone else posted somewhere) may have fitted better...

Same line up as usual.

I think the key factor here is going to be if we can keep up the tempo and desire against what nobody can deny is one of the poorer sides in the league. I think it''s easy to get up for a trip to Old Trafford but Blackburn at home right now doesn''t have the same bite to it.

It''ll be a case of how the players approach this mentally and how Lambert prepares them mentally. If we go out all knowing that three points is all that matters then we will be fine. If we go out thinking this will be less of a challenge than Man Utd away then we might be in trouble.

Just don''t forget what Holt brings to the team''s attitude. We need him or someone like him out there storming around, taking control, and giving the rest of the side some inspiration if things are not going well.

He''s a great sub but he''s also a great starter. Maybe try him out from the get-go so we don''t have to come from behind.

Absolutely no change required;  4231 is our best starting line up,  defends the centre of the team while giving pace and movement up front;  tough on holt but morison did enough to keep his place and holt enough to pressure morison, without being enough to dislodge him

Holt still brings all those motivational elements by being on the bench.

Same as;  with real match changing options on the bench;  perfect.