Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Bradley johnson / 8 points clear of wigan 7 clear of b'burn / EB and Pilky

Oh that header just after Morison had scored, it was there, the ball in from Pilkington

Johnsons run into the box perfect, he stooped for the header and it hit his shoulder. That was the only point in the game where we had a clear cut chance to take the lead.

Delighted to have not given blackburn the three points and rob them of two in the final ten minutes of the game. Obviously the fact that we were 3-1 down and coming back is good for us, if it was the other way down I certainly would not be happy.

Somehow we pulled it off and the big thing is that we are 8 and 7 points ahead of Wigan in last place and Blackburn. So if we can keep adding to this points advantage the better.

Delighted that we are, what a month now, Villa away, Arsenal at home and QPR at home. Or what team we will put out, team selection choices now.

I would like to see both our wide players take on their respective full backs more, just don''t feel we have really seen their pace really challenge yet and become a notable threat. Just a small thing but certainly if we play this current system, they have to offer a little more as does wes to support Morison.

I think there were a couple of alarm bells going off after this game. Perhaps not so loud but a definite warning that there are no easy games in this league. There are some really difficult fixtures all the way up to the end of the year. PL may have a little bit of tweeking to do to keep this machine running smoothly.

The Johnson header looked like a blatent handball from the defender to me so I don''t think his header was quite a bad as it first looked?

"the big thing is that we are 8 and 7 points ahead of Wigan in last place and Blackburn"

No

the big thing is that we are five points behind Liverpool in 5th

City1st please don''t delude yourself into thinking that we won''t be in a relegation battle come the end of the season. Have you not learnt from Blackpool, Burnley or Hull?

We have 13 points from 10 games, exactly the same as Blackpool last season and only 1 more than Burnley two years ago. The season before that Hull City were on 20 points after 10 games and went on to score just 15 more points that season, finishing 1 point off of relegation. We are nowhere near out of it yet.

No but then it doesn''t automatically follow that just because it happened to those teams it will happen to us.  It may happen but at the minute it isn''t so we may as well enjoy it.

Oh don''t worry I am enjoying it, I''ve enjoyed every second of this season. The point is, let''s not lose sight of what''s important this season and that''s staying up. We don''t want to be in a situation where we expect and demand too much from the team, like Wolves or Blackburn even!

I saw it clearly from the City Stand. Johnson made a clean, glancing header that would have gone in were it not for the defenders hand slowing it right down and deflecting it the other way, where Robinson easily gathered. We were robbed.

Have to agree, we''re having a great time so far and 10 games in we''ve shown teams how well we CAN play, but we certainly proved yesterday that we can''t play like that every game of the season.

I have to agree, a relegation battle should be on our minds realistically. If we escape with plenty of games to go, then we can be a lot more optimistic about our final position.

I have to agree about relegation battles should always be on our minds.

Yesterday to me proved you really cant take any game for granted as on their day anybody really can beat anyone in the PL. At all costs we have to make sure we don''t get complacent against any team.

What did please me yesterday tho was that although we had luck with the deflection and the pen we are not getting rolled over and are still fighting for everything. This will be sorely needed over the season and if you fight for it you put yourself in those positions where you might actually get the luck

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]No but then it doesn''t automatically follow that just because it happened to those teams it will happen to us.  It may happen but at the minute it isn''t so we may as well enjoy it.
[/quote]

In life, everyone needs to understand & realise what their limitations are, although that doesn''t mean that they are not ambitious.

I think it''s fair to say that so far, after 10 games and 8th position, whether you see it as 8 points above Wigan or 5 points behind Liverpool, our ambition for this season is probabaly just about equal to our limitations.

"City1st please don''t delude yourself into thinking that we won''t be in a relegation battle come the end of the season. Have you not learnt from Blackpool, Burnley or Hull? "

tinpot clubs way out of their depth, but don''t let that spoil your dislike of our club

"our ambition for this season is probabaly just about equal to our limitations"

??

If you think you have limitations then you will be limited to achieving within what you see as your limitations.

If you see beyond your limitations you have a chance of achieving more than you previously saw as your limitations.

You may surprise yourself!

[quote user="splutcho"]We have 13 points from 10 games, exactly the same as Blackpool last season and only 1 more than Burnley two years ago. The season before that Hull City were on 20 points after 10 games and went on to score just 15 more points that season, finishing 1 point off of relegation. We are nowhere near out of it yet.[/quote]We also have twice as many points as we did after 10 games last time we reached the Prem and we''re scoring goals week in week out regardless of the opposition.

So what, you all think we''ll be challenging for Europe?

City1st, I thought this would be one forum that I could escape trolls. Clearly not.

What makes you all think we''re different from anyone else that''s come up? We''ve done fantastically so far, but you have to be prepared for a bad run, it''s inevitable at this level.