Sign in to follow this  
3pmkickoff

What A Shocker!

Christ if I was a Spurs fan right now I''d have rushed on to the pitch at Old Trafford in a fit of rage and invited all my fellow supporters to join me until the goal was acknowledged

Only M U could get away with the most dreadful decision of the season.  I suppose Ferguson will be on the phone to Worthy tomorrow to ask about Greeno.

Would have been amusing had that happened. That likeable chap Ronaldo would have probably have met the hand of one of those cheeky cockneys, most likely with his face. To see him running for his life down the tunnel would be great, the cheating sod!

And just what were the threads on here on Monday saying about referees not wanting to make difficult decisions that might upset the big clubs eh?!!!

Point proved AGAIN - not that this was a difficult one mind.

How many strange decisions have we witnessed this season, against Arsenal Huckerby was assualted, or mugged in a series of illegal challenges on a run from half way to finally go down in the box. Was the Gunner sent off? How many other examples can you think of where he''s done his marker for pace gone down and the ref plays on.

Either it''s a foul or a dive, the ref must act. Seems everytime we get an awkward bounce in our area the ref points to the spot. But then it doesn''t matter cos we''re a small club, we''re making up the numbers in this league and if we complain it''s sour grapes. If/ when it happens to a ''big club'' it''s shown around the world, how badly they were done by, how the ref failed them etc etc.Their manager calls for ''third umpires'' and suddenly it''s being considered.... Pity Chesterfield aren''t a big club!!!! 

I bet if Huckerby slated the Ref (like a certain Liverpool player did concerning Mike Riley) I would guarantee, that Hucks would have been reprimanded by the FA, for bringing the game into disrepute! But - then Carragher plays for a big club, and the FA don''t want to upset them do they!

MONEY- you know it talks........ All down to double-standards and inconsistency, and not what you know, but who you know (like Mr Sheepshanks for instance)....... ;~(

maybe it wasnt a mistake, but purposely ruled out. Like when they put bets on matches and fix the result. Or the more likely: a dreadful mistake that the linesman or ref should be banned to league 2 for

[quote]I bet if Huckerby slated the Ref (like a certain Liverpool player did concerning Mike Riley) I would guarantee, that Hucks would have been reprimanded by the FA, for bringing the game into disrepute! ...[/quote]

What made me laugh about carragher was after the chelsea game he stated that if opposing players were more honest to the ref about the decision, then less would be wrong and the refs wouldn''t get all the stick. Just wondering if anyone saw him telling the ref that he handled the ball. Bet he wished he never said that.

VERY SIMPLY EXAMPLE OF BIAS:Edworthy sent off for foul at Portsmouth.Arsenal''s Lauren not sent off for identical foul on Hux at Carrow Road