Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Samba and his antics in the first half!!

cheating of the worst order!!! as soon as he knew the ref had stopped play for a head injury he got up!!! Hate seeing that sort of thing in the game!!! Morison was so right to contest the drop ball after that though!!!

I thought he was innocent in all of that. I might be wrong, but I thought he hurt his shoulder the ref couldn''t see him properly and thought he had a head injury. He didn''t get up immediatly, and was holding his shoulder for a while after getting up.....

Tierney did something worse last week, but of course because it wasn''t important and because it was one of our players that doesn''t matter... (Rolled around on the floor for 20 seconds, after Downing hardly made contact, if any at all)

Pele you are definitely on my level, i am fed up with all these blinkered norwich fans where they claim everyone ones against them then ignore what our own players do or the luck we get. Embarrassing tinpot mentality from our fans.

No what is tinpot mentality is people like you accepting people cheating in games like Samba did Today. I suppose you agree with all the penalties we''ve conceded so far this year aswell? If he was injured, why did he manage to play the rest of the game, and chose to go down only when we were 3 v 2 in attack? It was blatant play acting, he didn''t seem to have a bad injury when out muscling Bennett or who ever it was to score did he?

Samba did exactly what I’d expect any player to do if he’d been injured and gone down in his own six yard box. He put his hands over his face to get the game stopped for a head injury. The ref fell for it.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Samba did exactly what I’d expect any player to do if he’d been injured and gone down in his own six yard box. He put his hands over his face to get the game stopped for a head injury. The ref fell for it.

[/quote]

Even a blind man could see what he was after,he should have been carded for that and the Pen was fully justified and Morison for goal of the month

I think we have to accept that a large majority of current footballers would not be out of place on a stage. The high stakes involved nowadays in staying up or getting relegated, has led to players exagerating any slight contact, either to disrupt the flow of play, or get an opponent booked. Sad that it is, this is the modern game, and we have Norwich players who are equally guilty.

Players play-acting ie. cheating is just one of the seven deadly sins that have crept into the game during the last decade or so.

The others? In no particular order:

Players overpaid and often using that money to be reckless in their social lives ie. continuous scandals. Partly over-exposed by the tabloid press looking for such stories I suppose but it never used to happen nearly as much. Good old  Dave Stringer etc. Also it creates less loyalty with players chasing money teams constantly change so much I tend to lose track.

Constant bad reffing decisions in almost every Premiership game every week. We have already had quite a few in our games and most have been against us. This also leads to managers "never seeing"  those in their favour eg. Wenger and even PL today, yet whingeing on TV when they go against eg. Wenger, not PL. I suppose these are highlighted when shown repeatedly in slow-mo on MOTD etc. but some refs do seem to want to be conspicuous these days, rather than being relatively anonymous as they were in the distant past.

Sick fan chants eg. Fashanu at Portman Road. Horrible.

The huge gap between rich and  poor clubs caused partly by the distibution of money by the Football League and Sky. I am bemused as to how many clubs from League One downwards survive, with such low gates, but think many will go under as professional clubs in the next decade. Running a professional football club is expensive at every level. Not just wages of players and staff, but also ground maintenance etc. and travel. How is it possible for them to survive with gates constantly below 5000?

Foreign mega-rich individuals eg. Abramovich being allowed to virtually take over the game here Paying ludicrous sums of millions for players and creating a false "mini-league" of super clubs, whilst the rest are left to be also-rans. Good old Delia. At least it hasn''t worked at Ipswich thus far. 

The high cost of attending games these days. Fifty pounds in some cases. Perfectly ridiculous and gradually getting beyond the reach of the ordinary working fan with other severe financial restrainsts these days.

That''s seven, there might well be more.

I am a pessimistic bugger this morning, I know, but I am an old boy now and it is no longer the game I grew up with.

Why do I still love it so much? Perhaps because there are many obvious positives as well. I do, however anticipate a lot of critics.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

Even a blind man could see what he was after[/quote]

Well done, I think you just took message board idiocy to a new level.

He was clearly over- doing it to the point of cheating. He might well have been hurt, but he made the most of it and gained advantage for his team''

He continued playing and his shoulder injury didn''t seem to impede his goal scoring.

Good player though.

I didnt think he did anything particularly worse than any of our players have in the past. He was also the best player on the pitch imo, has to be off to a better club than Blackburn in the Jan or the summer regardless of the division.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

I didnt think he did anything particularly worse than any of our players have in the past. He was also the best player on the pitch imo, has to be off to a better club than Blackburn in the Jan or the summer regardless of the division.

[/quote]

I thought that too. He was outstanding and easily MOM.