Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

1st half atsmosphere

Why was it so quiet in the 1st half it was like sitting in Portmand road. Not a single chant in the 1st 45mins i can remember. I know we were playing poorly but the 1st 10 mins the fans were just soo quiet. IS This just a result of what happens when we attack the river end?

Didn''t notice it being any different to normal...

Also, why do people moan about goal music on here? Everyone seems to really get going when its played near me.....

We are a bit of a laughing stock with the goal music to be fair. We score a goal, then on match of the day you see the crowd celebrating, hear the roar, then 10 seconds later this tinny crap comes on and spoils it all.

"From what i can see in the ground, most people enjoy the music.... "

Try playing it when there isn''t a goal and then see how many people are enjoying it, or celebrating

Why would you play it when there isn''t a goal? That makes no sense...

I''m not saying I want goal music, it would be fine without it, but it only seems to be a few people on here who really don''t like it....

When you pay good money and see goals scored, if you don''t like the music it spoils every goal celebration. Hence your experience is devalued.

Just want to be able to shout/cheer without being choreographed.

I would say it was average noise, wasn''t that quiet but also wasn''t rocking.

And we were not playing poorly, for the first 30 - 35 mins we were excellent.

anyway, back to the thread guys. the first half atmos was inexcusable. I am an away season ticket holder, i get to about 5 home games a season by virtue of living a long way from Norwich, and I watch all the other home games on the intersnet.

It was church-mouse quiet all the first half on "sky ukraine" and i was texting my mates there asking what was going on? Booing at half time. What the f*ck. I know the gene pool is pretty low in Norfolk, being a product of the same, but seriously, there was no one booing at leyton orient away in league 1 when we lost, no one booing before we turned it on against huddersfield in league one, so what gives people the right to be such thick pig sh*t heads when we''re in the prem??

I''m never ashamed to be with the away crowd, as I am every other week, but people at carra p*ss me off.

After 80 mins you guys woke up. Fancy turning up at 3pm?

The players did. How about you guys did the same?

As far as I''m aware people were booing the ref at half time for allowing too much stoppage time to be played when he only indicated 3 minutes and allowed them to score.

I was sitting in the upper barclay and could cleary hear the players shouting to eachother at times

Have to agree i thought there was something missing. Been to all home games this season and there was a difference in the atmophere i thought !

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Didn''t notice it being any different to normal... Also, why do people moan about goal music on here? Everyone seems to really get going when its played near me.....[/quote]

Didn''t really notice the goal music yesterday,i was too busy looning out.

But saying that,it does sound really naff on the TV.

I`m pretty sure the odd boo at half-time was towards the ref. Still a bit thick to do it though as it could easily be misunderstood. It was never going to be a rocking atmosphere as i`m sure it will be for the big games, but at least it was positive with very little moaning even at 1-3 down. I think the vast majority of fans are bright enough not to turn up thinking that we should easily roll over a team like Blackburn, but out of 27,000 people, you are going to get a few idiots.

Personally I think the atmosphere has been pretty poor for every game so far, yesterday with the exception of the last few minutes was probably the worst of the lot. Last time we were in the prem the atmosphere seemed far better than it does this time around which is strange considering we look far more capable of getting results than we did then.People turn up but for some reason a large proportion of them don''t seem to get behind the team, where I sit in Area A of the Lower Barclay is more like a morgue which is frustrating especially as the is quite a few guys in thir 20''s and 30''s who never make a sound.

"Why would you play it when there isn''t a goal? That makes no sense... "

oh dear

(slowly) it might be .......... that people ......... are enjoying the goal ....... that has just been scored ........... and not the music

I personally love the goal music think its a fantastic touch, remember the first time i heard it really got me buzzing !!!!

it prolongs the celebrations and the crowd joins in - whats not to like; it not like its need to start a celebration!

and name a club that does not have one? at least its up tempo and a little unique - and far better than the old familiar used by too many clubs...

"it prolongs the celebrations and the crowd joins in"

yes, whatever did we do before ?

Frankly I get pizzed of with the usual ''atmosphere'' complaint.

Our crowd is similar to most but in many ways better. Any one at Anfield? Anyone listen to the White Hart Lane atmosphere today?

For goodness sake you negative lot, just give it a rest. We have a brill manager, team and club set up. The media regularly mention our support and the noise we create.

No ground has constant noise. The game ebbs and flows and the noise is often reflected in that.

The only disadvantage is with the northern supporter, in that the resonance of their voices, even when whispering, is much louder than we men of the east!!

Blimey! Must go - Strictly is on!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Frankly I get pizzed of with the usual ''atmosphere'' complaint.

Our crowd is similar to most but in many ways better. Any one at Anfield? Anyone listen to the White Hart Lane atmosphere today?

For goodness sake you negative lot, just give it a rest. We have a brill manager, team and club set up.[/quote]Well said.  I find it sad that after getting a point to keep us easily in the top half of the Premier League, a reasonable summary of yesterday''s post-match threads would be:

1. There was no atmosphere and the crowd were silent, it was embarrassing.
  2. One of their players stayed down when not really injured, how dare other teams players behave like that.
  3. A Sky pundit said we were lucky and the penalty was dubious, how dare he have an opinion.
  4. The referee was naive and missed lots of incidents, he wasn''t good enough.
  5. Our defending was awful and we got our tactics wrong, how dare Lambert not realise we need to be more solid.
  6. Some fans left early and missed the last goal, how dare they.

barely any clubs use goal music in the premier league, only the clubs that cant make a good atmosphere like wigan, and i dont want our fan base compared to there.

The atomosphere is a reflection of the fear that alot of people have. Alot of posters on here reflect and talk about the relegation issue. It''s like we are scared to be in the premiership.

Every game should be an absolute celebration.

Just because we were playing Blackburn (oooh! a six pointer!!) it turns us into knee shaking, relegation haunted, nervous nellies.

A six pointer? In October??

We as a crowd need to relax and get behind the players from before the kick off. There isn''t as much chanting at Carrow Rd as there used to be. There''s hardly any before the match, and if nervous, not much after the kick off - like yesterday.

We have to accept responsibility as fans for generating a good atomosphere.

I have relatives who are Man City supporters and they are historically past masters at creating a negative atomosphere at matches. Hence some of Man City''s problems over the years - mind you, things may be changing on that front.

We need to get behind the lads from before the kick off and not wait to be choreographed like some TV reality show. Its real and its up to us to make it happen.

Then the players are more likely to respond in kind.

Spot on LDC.

I assumed it had to be nervousness or ludicrously high expectations that takes the atmosphere and some of the fun out of it.

MisterChops, I, and many others, were really happy with result yesterday, and frankly staggered at the progress City are making under McNally/Lambo. The result, good or bad, makes no odds to my interest/concern in the declining atmos at Carrow Road (perversely as our fortunes improve commensurately). There is never a good time to raise a point that is incidental to the result, but do let me know when I am allowed to and I will post accordingly.

In fact, I genuinely believe that with a bit more gusto from the fans, we might have improved on our immense 3 3 draw, so, either way, these points are relevant and right to be raised at this time.

So, to my final point. My friend and I, who long gave up our season tickets because we now live so far from Norwich, decided on getting away season tickets rather than take home ones when they were offered, because going to away games is just, well, more fun. Amazing characters, excellent chat, peculiar beer and locals, but most importantly, everyone is getting stuck into the singing for a full 90 and everyone is having such a good time. Even when we lose (Man U, Chelsea) win (bolton) or draw (Wigan).

We figured at the start of the season, what would we rather? Hand wringing at Nervous Carrow Road, or fearless, fun and atmospheric away games, where the result is genuinely incidental to the effort of both players and fans.

The away season ticket, with associated costs, costs over 4 times as much as the home one. But it offers far better value for money due to the atmosphere and subsequent enjoyment. It would wager that it also contributes result that we got (Liverpool, Bolton) and the results we could have got (ManU).

Fearless fans, fearless players, astounding results.

I just wish I knew how to translate the fearless frivolity of away games into home games.

Like it or not but the atmosphere is no where near as good as it was in the 70''s and 80''s . Seats have killed it for me i find it very hard to sing sitting down . But i guess this is the new generation of fan who don''t know any difference and enjoy  sitting down. And the other problem is me and a fair few of my mates who were also 70s and 80s fans who were also very vocal (In the good old Barclay days before the dreaded seats were installed)  have been priced out of the game sadly. The game is changing it is  no longer a working class  game as it was years ago. You get the feeling these days of being in a classroom where you have to sit down like good  little school boys. Sorry if this might upset people but that is how i see it and i find it impossible to get the old days out of my system. Yer i know we get bigger crowds now but believe me it was miles better as i am sure some of the older Barclay end  fans will agree with. The buzz you got when you scored, and celebrating with your mates and dozen''s more around you was priceless from being up the top of the stand and then ending up halfway down and then  trying to find yer mates once the celebrations had died down, something you just can''t do in those dam seats. It just felt like you belonged to one big family,seats just make you feel more isolated . ARRRRRRRR the good old days sadly gone for ever.