Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Carrow Road

We have to win at home today was not satisfactory. We have been doing so well but we have to make Carrow Road our fortress. It is fundamental to our survival in this league.

yep, if we only get a draw against man ure, liverpool, arsenal, chelsea etc, we are going to be gutted.

we have come so far in two short years, it is time that some of you took a bit of time to reflect. Blackburn may have been bottom of the league but they are an established premier league side with some very good players.

It was a bit quiet but I felt that Blackburn came out and in the first 10 minutes settled quicker than we did. They did what they had to do quiet the crowd and we didn''t play much in the first half to get the crowd in the game.

In those games sometimes you need a rash challenge or goal scoring opportunities to get the corwd to react and hence push the players on. Unfortunately we had to wait till almost the last minute of the half.

How different it would have been if pilkington''s cross across the 6 yard box in our first attack had gone into the roof of the net and not over the bar for a goal kick.

Yeah it felt very quiet, but hey we will come back. Lets just hope when at Ewood we bring some volume.

This is one thing which I hate, when people say ''we shouldn''t be expecting to beat these, they are an established club''. No game is easy, BUT, who do we beat then? All sides other than Us, Swansea and QPR are ''established'' in this League, but there are teams we should be aiming to get 3 points at home too, and B''Burn are one of these. We only drew, but in context of the game, it''s a great result. But I wish people would stop treating their club like a small club.

They are a small club.

That doesn''t mean they don''t have good players or a decent team.

[quote user="Eggy"]We have to win at home today was not satisfactory. We have been doing so well but we have to make Carrow Road our fortress. It is fundamental to our survival in this league.[/quote]Lambert OUT

It seems to me that the people who are obsessed with the big club/little club syndrome are more worried about how they are seen by others than accepting things as they are.

As someone once said "size doesn''t matter".

We are a good progressive club able to compete with any club in this league. Size doesn''t come into it.

I don''t see how this was a must win match, we are doing fine and sitting eighth, only fickle fans will moan.

In all honesty we played poor today and fuck knows what happened to the defence, I know people will say it is a soft penalty but we have had softer.

Was anyone else impressed with jackson?

Really? I was chatting with quite a few people before the game and the consensus pretty much was that a draw would be good in this game.

start of the season we would have said we have a chance of a win at home to rovers.

with their season and subsequent league cup game mid week going into extra time and them losing a two goal lead in injury time, you would have thought we had a very good chance of a win.

With Lambert I do not believe we will play poorly against so called lesser teams rather than building ourselves up for the better teams.

But in the first half I felt we were patient with a few chances but never really held the game and they were in it. The goal before the break was obviously not ideal. I always thought ok a 2-1 is still on if we score early, we did and then we sat off and gave away two poor goals.

At 3-1 I thought we may get back to 3-2 but no more, because we never looked to really test the defence of blackburn with the formation and the way we played during those 60-70 minutes before our substitutions came on.

In the end I am delighted we got a draw, one for our confidence which was rocking at 3-1 down and the fact that it stopped blackburn gaining a further 2 points on us.

But I do think the team never got the crowd into the game and we needed something to spark it off.

In any case it is in the past, plenty to work on and an improvement in the performance is needed. The guts and resilience is there, but performance needs to match it. Today we were just slightly off in all areas and again I still think we will revert back to 2 centre forwards. We needed more in that final third earlier in this game.

But again that is being very critical of a team that has just come up with players with no or very little premiership experience.

We have been slightly dissapointing at home.

Failing to beat Stoke when we were the better team, letting WBA win when again we were the better team. Good wins against Sunderland and Swansea, but we let Sunderland get back in the game, and let Swansea have loads of possession (they just didn''t do anything with it). And then a draw today, obviously a good result in context of the game, but we were rightly expecting a win, you can say Blackburn are a good team all you want, but they are one of the teams we should really be expecting to beat them at home.

We''ve got 3 tough home games now, because of the teams were playing and expectation. Arsenal aren''t a poor side, and are now winning and playing well, and as long as RVP is still fit, they should win easily. QPR will be really tough, i''m sure they will come here really pushing for a result, especially if we are still above them in the league. And then Newcastle, who unless start to fall in form are performing really well this season. I think we might only get 3 points from our next 9 at home, maybe only 2. But i reckon we will beat Villa next week :)

Looking at the tables and both teams form coming into the game and you''d be thinking if we are to stay up we have to beat Blackburn but how the game panned out we done well to get a point cause we hardly deserved it!

Yes it would be advantagous to beat the teams at the bottom cause they are perceived as easier than playing the top teams and beating the lower teams keeps them away from us, but we didn''t always do it last season, frustrating home draws against Preston and Doncaster (if we''d of won both of them we may have won the title) last season spring to mind but this seasons League camapaign is over 38 games so its not right to place such emphasis on one game!

Yes 3 points were expected against a bottom of the table side, and yes we didnt play as well as we are capable however to go 3-1 down 8 minutes before time and to get a point was a great acheviement whether it is seen as luck or not.

There will always be games where we dont play so well. We are still sitting comfortably in 8th and Blackburn havent gained any points on us - the difference is the same as it was before kick off. Lets look forward now to Aston Villa - a middle of table club just below us. With tradition in mind we have more chance in this game than trying to pick 3 points against the teams at bottom of table..

grantroederdisaster said :

"this seasons League camapaign is over 38 games so its not right to place such emphasis on one game!"

Have to agree with that.

The relegation mini-league brigade - of which there are many - keep over egging the importance of certain games over others. This is absolutely counter to achieving a consistent performance over a whole season. If any team goes on the pitch thinking, "oh this one doesn''t matter" - well, the idea is ridculous.

Every game is as important as the previous or the next game - in terms of confidence, consistency, improving team play.

You simply can''t differentiate between matches. Every minute of every match requires 100% effort and concentration, especially in the premiership.

It''s generally us supporters and the media that add the idea of different levels to different matches. The mini-league, some would have you believe is all that matters. But to cause even afew peoople to start thinking about relegation early in the season is negative.

I''ve got news for you relegation mini league followers - every game is a potential six pointer!

Please lets help the team by not getting hung up on issues that are not relevant until near the end of the season. The BBC, Sky etc wil talk about it - but it does nobody any favours.

Football is great to watch for it''s own sake, not because some geek has decided that if we lose at home to Blackburn in October we will be relegated.

I personally think it’s hard to get yourself up for every game, especially now the excitement of promotion has worn off and when we’ve ‘only’ played Stoke, Sunderland, WBA, Swansea and now Blackburn.  Blackburn aside, those teams have been around our level anyway over the last ten years so it’s hardly going to get hearts racing. Hopefully when some of the bigger boys come to town, we’ll show them how loud we can be.

Larry David wrote :

"I personally think it’s hard to get yourself up for every game, especially now the excitement of promotion has worn off and when we’ve ‘only’ played Stoke, Sunderland, WBA, Swansea and now Blackburn"

All the teams in the premiership have to be right on top of their game to compete well. If we want Carrow Rd to be a fortress, fans have to be up for every game too.

No expectations - just treat every game the same and go for it. I''m sure that''s what the players are told too.