Sign in to follow this  
bradders

Aston Villa Fan Q+A

[quote user="bradders"]Please I come in harmony I am a villa fan and I run a villa site a regular feature is Opposition View and I speak to fans on upcoming opponents and interact.

I would appreciate norwich fans to pm me with their questions and answers.

1. How long have you been a Norwich City Supporter?

2. Who is your best player?

3. Who you think is Villa''s best player?

4. What is your perception of Aston Villa?

5. What do you think the score will be?

6. What do you think your final position will be?

7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be?

8. Who introduced you to norwich city?

9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return?

10.What stadium you most looking forward too and why?

11.How many games do you visit a season?

12.Away days for yourselves expensive this season in particular, but do you think Norwich FC are doing all they can to encourage you?

13. What would you define as a good season?

14. Has promotion to the premier league attracted new fans

15. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us?[/quote]1)   44 years2)   For flair - Wes Hoolihan, for 100% given every match every match - Russell Martin/ Marc Tierney3)   Darren Bent ( unfortunately )4)   Two things - You beat us in 1975 League Cup Final in one of the most boring matches ever, and a mid-table club now having had plenty of glory years in the past ( no disrespect meant ) 5)   I think we''re on a bit of a roll so I''ll go 1-16)  Originally thought we''d be lucky to finish out of the bottom three now maybe 15th ?7)   I think you''ll finish above us, say around 11th ?8)   The team when we beat Man Utd in the FA Cup at Old Trafford in 19679)   Bristol City ( H ) - Division 2 - 25th Feb 196710) The Emirates - new ground ( to visit ) and it looked fantastic on a stadium tour.11) All home games and maybe eight/ten away12) The Premier League is a licence to print money and no club, us included, want to miss out on that. We have a fantastically loyal away following anyway so NCFC have no need to offer any incentives especially as this is our first season in the Premier League for some time.13) Avoiding relegation14) There are more '' glory hunters '' wanting to see us play so yes. Unfortunately for them tickets are very hard to come by.15) Yes, it was a good move for you as he is a decent manager but I doubt the Bluenoses see it that way !!

[quote user="bradders"]guys I would like some1 to fire questions my way also[/quote]1. Your biggest rivals are Birmingham City, but what''s the perception of Wolves, West Brom, Coventry etc.?  Rivals or irritants?2. I associate Villa with big name foreign signings who don''t do that well.  Whatever happened to Juan Pablo Angel?  What about Savo Milosevic?3. What do you think of Ashley Young now he''s moved to Man Utd - will he get booed at Villa Park, or applauded?4. Better player - Marc Albrighton, or Stewart Downing?5. Why is the Holt End so called, and is it named after Grant Holt?6. We have an ex-Chairman called Robert Chase who may as well have been a jar of Marmite for the way he divides our fans.  Tell us a bit about Doug Ellis, who seems to be your equivalent.7. Realistically, what''s the next trophy your team will win?8. Is Stephen Warnock realistically an England left back?

Since I went to my first game v Swindon in 1991, at the age of 5. So, that makes it 20 years now!

Tough question. For me, we work as a team but David Fox and Wes Hoolahan make us tick

I think Petrov is a calming influence, and Agbonlahor is a massive threat with his pace but your best signing has been Given. Best keeper in the Premier League.

You are a huge club, who looked to be heading the right way until O'' Neill suddenly left. Having said that, you should finish top 8 this season...due to the money of the clubs above I doubt you will finish much higher. You''re my favourite team in Birmingham.

We are tough opposition away from home, so I am going for a 1-1 draw.

About 14th.

As I said earlier, about 8th.

My Dad took me to my first game, but he hates football!

9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return?

Swindon (H) 31st January 1991, we won 3-1 with goals by Fleck and Gordon. I loved the atmosphere, and enjoyed my licquorice allsorts.

Strangely...Fulham. The scene of our 0-6 mauling last time we were in the PL. Somehow, I think we may do a little better this time.

Away from home, about 4 or 5.

12.Away days for yourselves expensive this season in particular, but do you think Norwich FC are doing all they can to encourage you?

In some ways, perhaps they could introduce more loyalty schemes for travellers who don''t use the coach, like money off if you go to 3 away games in a row...?

Simple - staying up! But I think we can do better than that, perhaps we could get a surprise win against one of the top 4 too.

14. Has promotion to the premier league attracted new fans?

Hangers - on for sure, and "everyone likes Norwich!"

15. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us?

He is a decent manager, but his style of play is a bt subdued for the Villa faithful. Time will tell, but he is definitely better than Houllier!

1. Your biggest rivals are Birmingham City, but what''s the perception of Wolves, West Brom, Coventry etc.? Rivals or irritants?

Wolves – Average team good managed in Mick McCarthy.

West Brom – Starting to become a premier league regular in previous season Yo-Yo’d but Chairmen decided to spend instead of accept parachute payments.

Coventry – The shit team in the midlands don’t pay much attention to goings on a the Ricoh Arean.

2. I associate Villa with big name foreign signings who don''t do that well. Whatever happened to Juan Pablo Angel? What about Savo Milosevic?

Juan Pablo Angel went to MLS and joined New York Redbull scoring 62 goals in 102 appearances so far this season he scored 9 in 28 appearances for LA Galaxy and Chivas USA/

Savo will always be remembered in Villa fans hearts after the 1996 amazing strike at Wembley in the Coco Cola Cup final 3-1 win over Leeds United. He has since gone on to play in La Liga for four teams but recently he became assistant to the manager of Montenegro national squad.

3. What do you think of Ashley Young now he''s moved to Man Utd - will he get booed at Villa Park, or applauded?

Well it was sad to see Ashley Young go Man Utd but I believe the way he did the transfer was a great way it was handed gave us the rise we needed. He was relatively unknown stayed always put 100%. I doubt he will get boo’ed on his return. I will applaud him when he returns.

4. Better player - Marc Albrighton, or Stewart Downing?

Its hard to compared a full fledge England international and a kid who’s breaking through the villa first team slowly and only having a great first season last season.

5. Why is the Holt End so called, and is it named after Grant Holt?

Haha very funny

6. We have an ex-Chairman called Robert Chase who may as well have been a jar of Marmite for the way he divides our fans. Tell us a bit about Doug Ellis, who seems to be your equivalent.

Doug Ellis had a fairly average time since taking the reigns in 1982 after Villa had won the European Cup he resigned when Randy Lerner bought the club. Yeah Doug had mixed emotions of him we but one thing we can’t take away from him is we were never in debt towards the end of his reign he was accused of being tight with money.

7. Realistically, what''s the next trophy your team will win?

Dont really know to be honest, if we are to win a trophy its going to be the Carling Cup. Recent times we lost a final and were FA Cup semi-finalists. Just don’t think good times are on the horizon for a while

8. Is Stephen Warnock realistically an England left back?

No

bradders heres a few questions for you.

What do you think the score will be?

Have you ever left a game early and wished you hadn''t?

What did you think of Martin O''neil  as a manager?

Current best player and why?

Best ever player and why?

Whats the parking like around Villa these days years back it was street parking and a quid to a kid to look after the motor?

How long before Villa get a crack at the title again and of Silver wear?

That will do for now I''m surte I''ll think of more soon.

1.2-1 villa

2. NO

3. MON was a great manager raised the bar in terms of aspiration got us to wembley twice. downside left us with massive wage bill spelt loads on average.

4. Barry Bannan never gives up most energetic and always danagerous.

5 Paul McGrath a true legend neva trained much due to knee, but always gave 100%

6. Yeah there is still them people but alot of car parks around the ground £5 average per car.

7. Honestly not sure

1. How long have you been a Norwich City Supporter? Since the mid 70s

2. Who is your best player? Bradley Johnson

3. Who you think is Villa''s best player? Agbonlahor if hes fit

4. What is your perception of Aston Villa? Bit like us - best years are in the past and theres been a few false dawns since. Whether we''re in for another one or are genuinely on the way up we''ll know in May

5. What do you think the score will be? 1-1

6. What do you think your final position will be? 12th

7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be? 10th

8. Who introduced you to norwich city? My dad - he wasnt a Norwich fan but he took me to my 1st games

9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return? Bolton at Carrow Road - it was a nil nil draw, followed by a one nil defeat to Liverpool. I wanted to keep coming until I saw a Norwich goal and I was hooked by the time I did see us score

10.What stadium you most looking forward too and why? Man City - no real reason other than it''ll be a new ground for me

11.How many games do you visit a season? It will be about half a dozen home and similar away this year

12.Away days for yourselves expensive this season in particular, but do you think Norwich FC are doing all they can to encourage you? Not sure they can do much more at least for me. I like to travel by train and they cant do anything about ticket prices. We have a reasonably good away following

13. What would you define as a good season? Staying up has to be the main objective for any promoted team.

14. Has promotion to the premier league attracted new fans Possibly although we have close to a full house for most games - how many are new I wouldnt like to say. I think we may get a few ''neutrals'' following us

15. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us? He wasnt great at Brum - tbh a cup win is pure luck. I think you could have done better

[quote user="bradders"]ha ha very funny, wat allocation we give ya[/quote]

You would not give us anymore. Presumably it would ruin your seating arrangements of two seats for each one of you. 

1. From Birth

2. Wes Hoolihan

3. Agbonlahor

4. Big club that should really be a top six club

5. 1-1

6. 14th

7. 10th

8. My Makers

9. Spurs at home, we lost 2-1. It is my destiny to follow and return.

10. Love Loftus Road. Tight, compact and we always create a great atmosphere.

11. 15 - 20 ish. Have to work some Saturdays.

12. It''s not Norwich, it''s the away allocation that''s the problem. Too many bums and never enough seats.

13.Summer. It''s hot.

14. No new fans I wouldn''t have thought. If your Norfolk, your Norwich. Or need a very good medical reason why not. But there is a little bit more demand on match day naturally because we are in the Premier League but we tended to fill the ground last term as well.

15. Yes. He''s a good manager and will improve your fortunes given time, but I can understand why you didn''t want him. We wouldn''t want an Ex Ipswich manager at Carrow Road. I suppose from an outsiders perspective, it would always look like bloody-mindedness

[quote user="bradders"]have you guys sold you allocatoin. many doing weekend or day tripping[/quote]

We always sell our allocation, we would sell 6000 if away teams would give us them!

Where is best/cheapest place to park coming from Norwich

as i said in previous posts i believe the powerleague stadium has a carpark which is a £5, straight off junction 6 of m6 look back through posts

Since 1972

Think we are greater than the sum of parts. If pushed would say Hoolihan is best individual though Holt is the most influential player

Shay Given

No real perception - still smarting from the 1975 league cup final :-(

Tight game with one goal in it - hopefully 2-1 to us

Just below mid table

Around mid table

My father took me to my first game

Man City - 1972. Loved the whole experience and been going ever since

The Emirates as not been there

All home games and up to 5 away

I don''t think Norwich fans need any encouragement - we aren''t a big club but we are well supported

Staying in the premier league

14. Has promotion to the premier league attracted new fans

Undoubtedly but has been difficult to get tickets for some years

15. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us?

Probably for Birmingham :-) not sure about him as a manager but am sure villa would not have appointed him if the didn''t think he was Jo to the job