Sign in to follow this  
bradders

Aston Villa Fan Q+A

Please I come in harmony I am a villa fan and I run a villa site a regular feature is Opposition View and I speak to fans on upcoming opponents and interact.

I would appreciate norwich fans to pm me with their questions and answers.

1. How long have you been a Norwich City Supporter?

2. Who is your best player?

3. Who you think is Villa''s best player?

4. What is your perception of Aston Villa?

5. What do you think the score will be?

6. What do you think your final position will be?

7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be?

8. Who introduced you to norwich city?

9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return?

10.What stadium you most looking forward too and why?

11.How many games do you visit a season?

12.Away days for yourselves expensive this season in particular, but do you think Norwich FC are doing all they can to encourage you?

13. What would you define as a good season?

14. Has promotion to the premier league attracted new fans

15. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us?

1.  40 years!!2.  definitely Wes Hoolahan3.  Shay Given4.  the team that beat us in 1975 and made me cry!!5. 1-16.  14th7.  13th8.  my father gave me a choice of watching Norwich or Ipswich, no brainer really even aged 5!!!9.  Man City 197210. Wembley, when we win the FA Cup!!11. all home games and occasional away game12. Not really, could make travel cheaper!13. staying up!14. lots of them!15. did a good job for Brum so why not?

1) Since 1772

2) Wes Hoolahan

3) Agbonglahor

4) Big club in the eighties, still a top ten side, play good football

5) 2-2

6) 15th

7) 9th

8) No-one, i was only 4 and too young to remember tho it did baffle the family,lol

9) Liverpool away 1979, was already in love with the team long before i went

10) Emirates, Arsenal, new ground that looks that bit different

11) 15-20

12) Mmm not really, but its the price u pay for prem life

13) Not going down, lol

14) Yes defo, tho our home and away base is fab, tickets for away games is nigh on impossible

15) Not initially but i think he is doing ok, i could understand you being a little miffed tho thought in general there was a overreaction

[quote user="bradders"]Please I come in harmony I am a villa fan and I run a villa site a regular feature is Opposition View and I speak to fans on upcoming opponents and interact.

I would appreciate norwich fans to pm me with their questions and answers.

2. Who is your best player?  Thats a blooming hard question! Wes Hoolahan - just!3. Who you think is Villa''s best player? Darren Bent- the scum **** 4. What is your perception of Aston Villa?

Biggish club- midtable at best.5. What do you think the score will be?

2-26. What do you think your final position will be?

14th7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be?

13th8. Who introduced you to norwich city?

My Grandad.9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return?

My first game was the playoff final that we lost to Birmingham on penalties. I picked my team and I fell in love....10.What stadium you most looking forward too and why? Already fulfilled my ambition. Anfield, Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge were quality quality football grounds. Looking forward to visiting Villa Park also. 11.How many games do you visit a season? I attend every home game (season ticket holder) and around 10 away games.12.Away days for yourselves expensive this season in particular, but do you think Norwich FC are doing all they can to encourage you?

I''ve not actually been that shocked by away prices.I was going to go no matter what. My season ticket is very reasonable.13. What would you define as a good season?

Top half.14. Has promotion to the premier league attracted new fans

Yes.... very notable at away games..... 15. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us? I don''t really care. Sorry mate.[/quote]

Since the mid sixties

Daryl Sutch, if he''s still around. If not then Wes Hoolahan.

Andy Lochhead. A great centre forward but he hardly ever gets a game now.

Nearlymen

2-0 to Norwich.

10th

20th

Gerald Sinstadt

9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return?

Sheffield Wednesday. I left my rattle in the South Stand but when I did return someone had nicked it.

Carrow Road. There''s no place like home.

As many as the wife allows.

12.Away days for yourselves expensive this season in particular, but do you think Norwich FC are doing all they can to encourage you?

Not really. When I went to Bolton they didn''t cheer me on or anything. I had to motivate myself.

Beating ipswich 4-1 & 5-1.

Certainly new "away fans".

15. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us?

No. And neither do you. I doubt he''ll last the season.

1. From a young age.

2. At the moment i think Hoolahan is our best player.

3. Darren Bent

4. One of the biggest clubs in England and have good support.

5. I think we will nick a draw from this one so i will say 1-1.

6. I would say 14th.

7. 8th

8. No one introduced me to Norwich, im the only Norwich fan in my family.

9. I supported Norwich for a few years until i went to my first game in 1998 at home to Portsmouth for a thrilling 0-0 draw.

10. Either the Etihad or the Emirates as they are both nice fairly new grounds i havent been to.

11. I managed to go to about 5-8 a season.

12. Yes i think they are doing enough to encourage us to go to games.

13. Finishing anywhere above the relegation zone.

14. It has attracted some new fans like it would any other club thats just been promoted.

15. Not really as i always think of Villa as playing good football and McLeish at Birmingham was boring and they didnt score many goals, plus he got them relegated twice.

1. 27 years (since I was 8)

2. This is a tough one as the team is greater than the sum of it''s parts. If pushed though, I would go with Wes Hoolahan as he offers something that very few other teams do, with the possible exception of those at the very top end. How he doesn''t get in the Eire squad is beyond me but possibly says more about Trappatoni!

3. From the outside looking in, Villa seem to have fewer household names than they once did. Not necessarily a bad thing, however, as Lambert is proving at Norwich. Darren Bent would be the main danger as he always seems to chip in with a goal, usually scruffy!

4. Mid-table, usually comfortable and often think one of these season''s you could be struggling towards the bottom, but in fairness that never seems to be the case. I also feel Villa have not grown as a club (including fanbase) over the past 10 years which have allowed others to catch them up, so to speak.

5. Norwich will always concede but not necessarily a hatful. 2-2.

6. 16th.

7. 13th

8. Father and Grandfather.

9. An uneventful 1-1 draw against Luton Town. I don''t know, I just instantly ''got the bug'' and haven''t looked back since!

10. Craven Cottage, Fulham. Looking forward to exorcising our ghosts from the final day of 2004/05, our last Premiership campaign where we were relegated after losing 6-0.

11. 30-ish.

12. Difficult to see what the visiting teams can do directly as they do not set the prices. They do organise a good coach service if you wish to use that, and do prioritise ticket requests based on a fair system. I think they are doing all they can if I''m honest, though maybe all clubs should get together to ensure they treat all visiting fans consistently.

13. Staying up.

14. From the outside, yes, but any new fans won''t be able to get into Carrow Road as, for the past 7 years, season tickets have sold out and there is a waiting list for next season. This hasn''t come about overnight - it was the case when we were in League 1. The club are actively looking to increase capacity to 35,000, but only once we remain in the Premiership for 3 consecutive seasons.

15. To be honest, no. There are some very decent managers in the lower leagues but clubs at Premiership level make lazy appointments and do not seem to want to take the plunge and identify up and coming talent. That''s to Norwich''s benefit, as in days gone by, Paul Lambert would have been poached quite some time ago.

[quote user="bradders"]Please I come in harmony I am a villa fan and I run a villa site a regular feature is Opposition View and I speak to fans on upcoming opponents and interact. I would appreciate norwich fans to pm me with their questions and answers. 1. How long have you been a Norwich City Supporter? 2. Who is your best player? 3. Who you think is Villa''s best player? 4. What is your perception of Aston Villa? 5. What do you think the score will be? 6. What do you think your final position will be? 7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be? 8. Who introduced you to norwich city? 9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return? 10.What stadium you most looking forward too and why? 11.How many games do you visit a season? 12.Away days for yourselves expensive this season in particular, but do you think Norwich FC are doing all they can to encourage you? 13. What would you define as a good season? 14. Has promotion to the premier league attracted new fans 15. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us?[/quote]

Goodness me, young man. Slow down please.  One at a time.

1. Since 1949 when my late Uncle Billy played at left back.  He invented the Cruyff turn, though because he was originally from Corby it wasn''t fashionable and didn''t catch on ("the Blenkinsop turn" was too working class even in those days), but in one game against Rotherham United he literally tied their inside right in knots.

2. Fraser Forster is outstanding, and Tom Adeyemi reminds me of a young Viv Anderson.

3. Mark Albrighton has lovely hair, but I''m impressed by Shay Given who has risen to the top of the professional game despite being the size of my thumb.

4. You seem very respectful towards your own fans, I like how you leave lots of empty seats between you.  A man needs his own space to enjoy the beautiful game.  I used to wedge myself in between two fat lads in the old City Stand, and every time they stood up I was caught in a pincer movement.

5. A one-all draw.

6. Thirteenth.

7. Eleventh.

8. My Uncle Billy, see point 1

9. When my Uncle Billy played, I went ont of my head.

10. Wembley.  Though we should stop referring to the "twin towers" out of respect for America.

11. Not many any more as I was deported in a veal crate some years ago, but I watch all available streams with Kirk who lives in the next hut.

12. No comment.

13. Getting to the fourth round of the FA Cup, and injuring John Terry.

14. I imagine so, there are always some glory hunters around.  Reminds me of when I supported Liverpool in the early Eighties.

15. I suppose so, someone has to manage you.  Is your Chairman really called Randy Learner?  Is he in adult entertainment? 

22 years

Wes Hoolahan is our most technically gifted player.

Darren Bent. A man who guarantees you in excess of 20 goals a season is like gold dust at this level. He has not hit top form at Villa but he still has 12 goals from 24 leagues appearances. Not bad going.

A large established Premiership club who should be finishing between about 6th-10th in the league. Anything more is a good achievement, anything less is big underachievement.

I really fancy us to get something actually. I am going for 2-1 because we just can''t keep a clean sheet!

15th

13th (Gut feeling is Villa will underachieve this year). The squad is better than that league position suggests.

My father. Would have been disowned otherwise

Villa funnily enough. We won 2-1 and Robert Fleck scored a twice taken penalty past Les Sealey (RIP). I was only 1 or 2 at the time though so I just found the noise really scary! It just became a habit and wouldnt know what do otherwise now.

Man City. Like the City and they are a quality outfit.

All the home ones and around 6 or 7 away ones.

I think they do decent offers with Club Cabbage (the club coach service) and they laid on travel to Swansea for £5 which was very generous. So they do offer some things.

Survival. We have been magnificent so far this season and we have troubled every side we played. But we can''t carried away, I think any fan would snap your hand off for 17th or above and look to build on it next season.

More people will inevitably take more interest in us because we are on the tele more and have greater exposure. But in terms of actually attendances nothing has really changed. We have been attracting capacity crowds for about 10 years now and we were doing so even in league 1 for most games.

No. I think he is actually a decent manager. But he has to be a person the fans will accept as well. Otherwise it can create a very negative atmosphere around the club which can be a very difficult backdrop to play in. I don''t think a lot of Villa fans will ever warm to him because of his Birmingham connections.

1. 49 years

2. The whole team as everybody works for each other

3. Given

4. A club whos fans should support their club and not constantly try to wind up opposition players ie Balotelli and turn on their managers ie O''Neill. If Holt comes on on Saturday hope you wind him up. Definitely a club that is no longer what they think they still are.

5. No idea, like most teams you should beat us 6 - 0 but to the embaressment of your fans you wont because we are better than you think

6. I have no idea as long as we are not relegated I will celebrate

7. I have no idea - listening to your fans on 5 live anything short of 1st will be a disaster

8. My dad

9. When I was 2 1/2 - we support our local team

10. Not sure

11. 8 - 10 away all at home

12. Watching football at Carrow Road is as cheap as anywhere in the premier with one or two exceptions

13. Seeing us Swansea and QPR stay up

14. No  

15. No because your fans will hound him out eventually

I have a question for you - you have to sell many of your stars to balance the books yet are happy to have thousands of empty seats when we could fill them for you - are you happy with this policy ?

well something I didnt expect someone from q+a''s whos family played for the club. must be a very nice feel.

Yeah he is called Randy Lerner no he used own Cleveland Brown and inherited family business MBNA, hence where majority of the money came from

[quote user="bradders"]well something I didnt expect someone from q+a''s whos family played for the club. must be a very nice feel.

Yeah he is called Randy Lerner no he used own Cleveland Brown and inherited family business MBNA, hence where majority of the money came from[/quote]did you not sense a hint of irony in his answers?

1. Over 10 years, and I''m only 17. So Since I was about 6/7 my Dad starting bringing me to games. [:)]2. Wesley Hoolahan, although we have many brilliant players. 3. Tough one. Bent is class, goals goals goals. Agbonlahor has great individual skills - extremely pacey! 4. Fairly big club, under-achieved last few years.5. 1-1 6. Hopefully around 13th.7. About 11th.8. My Father.9. God knows - I was very young (around 6/7)10. Old Trafford was nice and big, awful atmosphere. Arsenal too, oh and QPR. [;)]11. All home and usually at least half aways. 12. Sort of. They offer coach at a reasonable price but could be cheaper. Away games so expensive this season. 13. Staying up. Can be the only goal for us really.14. Plenty. 15. Without a doubt. I think he''s a great manager and the fact that he managed Bham should mean nothing.

Since I was born effectively! Went to my first game at 2 and a half - funnily enough it was Villa away but I was more intent on waving to that Lion mascot you have!

Probably Hoolahan on technical ability alone, he''s improved vastly under Lambert into a far more complete player than he was before.

Bent. 20+ goals a season consistently, can''t argue with that.

Used to be a big club, made the same terrible mistake we did allowing O''Neill to walk out.

Honestly 1-1, but we''re more than capable of beating you.

I think we can do top half, but survival on GD in 17th would be a serious achievement to be honest.

I can only see mediocrity this season for you, I''ll go with 12th.

My Dad.

Aforementioned trip to Villa away. I loved footy as a kid and I was brought up as a Norwich fan, there was no other options!!! My Dad was a master at indoctrination!

Carrow Road. I''ve grown up and always lived 200 miles or so from Norwich so trips to Carrow Road are limited to once or twice per season. I don''t think there''s ever been a season where I''ve not made at least one pilgrimmage though.

11.How many games do you visit a season? I normally make it to 5 or 6. This is my 2nd this season, but I''m worried about how many more I''ll make with most clubs having extortionate pricing and me being in my final year of uni - I may be priced out of too many more this season!

12.Away days for yourselves expensive this season in particular, but do you think Norwich FC are doing all they can to encourage you? Not really applicable as I''m exiled from the City, but I think the home pricing is pretty reasonable, the problem is demand far outstrips supply so tbh I wouldn''t blame them for making no effort to encourage the fans, they don''t need to!

Survival would be a fantastic achievement.

14. Has promotion to the premier league attracted new fans?

It''s certainly harder to get a ticket!! I''d guess so, yeah.

Not really to be honest, he''s never really struck me as a man I''d want at the helm. If Lambert walked tomorrow then I wouldn''t want McLeish to be a candidate.

1. I''ve been going sine I was 4 with my Dad, I''m now 19, so 15 years!

2. We don''t have anybody who I''d regard as our best player. Hoolahan, Morisson, Holt, Johnson, Naughton, Bennett, Pilkington, Ruddy, Barnett, the list goes on...! We are more of a team, than a one/2 man side

3. Darren Bent

4. Not a bad side, usually fighting for European positions. Decent boss, but I don''t like the City of Birmingham!

5. We have played really well on the road, getting a point at Anfield, anmd nearly getting something at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge. 2-1 win

6. I''d take 17th all day long, but I feel we may finish around 14th

7.  8/9th

8. My Dad

9. Barnett in the League Cup! Dad used to take me, and the atmosphere and eveything that goes into the Footy goto to me, and I bl00dy love it!

10. I wanted to go to Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea, but couldn''t, So I want to go to Arsenal (big crowd + atmosphere etc)

11. All homes plus 6/7 aways

12. They don''t need to! We have sold out every game, home and most aways for years!

13. Survival

14. Probably, but we sold out every game in League 1, the Championship and this season. So we couldn''t take them in if there are more fans!

15. Yes, he is a decent boss who don''t get as much praise as he deserves, but only time will tell!

I think by the way, that this thread nicely illustrates the family nature of our beloved club - almost every reply says they were introduced by their dad or other family members!

1. 16 years. Wow, seems a long time put like that.

2. It''s the unanimous verdict - Wes Hoolahan. Almost an unsung hero, not from our point of view, we all love him as you know, but it always seems to take a while before pundits pick up on him for instance. And Trappatoni who has still not picked him for Ireland

3.Darren Bent, just for what he gives in terms of goal return...so valuable.

4. Big club, years of frustration, and underachievement which have unfortunately weakened the whole club to a place where midtable is unfortunately no longer under achievement.

5. At Villa Park? We''ll do well to get a point, but my head says 3-1 Villa.

6. I hope we can get midtable, but I''d take 17th.

7. Midtable

8. My dad

9. Oldham at home, 1995. Already supported Norwich, so to see the first game reinforced it.

10. Probably St James Park

11. About 5. I live in Sheffield so don''t get to many home games.

12. Not sure.

13. Looking at where the players come from, survival would for most of them be their biggest achievement so far. I love that Lambert has brough this to our squad.

14. Not so much new fans, as armchair fans coming out of the closet a bit more.

15. Average. I don''t think he''s going to ruin your club, but in the long term he won''t bring up trees either. Now Lambert would have been a good appointment!

I know the OP originally asked for PM''s - but those questions seem a fun thing to answer on the board:

40 years

I’m not sure we actually have a ‘stand-out’ player – we’re a well-matched, balanced team.

Agbonlahor / Bent – toss a coin?

Big old-fashioned ground occasionally used for semi-final play-offs – bit like Sheffield Wed / dull colours / some success history / Ray Graydon scoring against us / Andy Gray doing well / McNally too / Big Ron / snotty little kid asking for (more like threatening) cash to ''look after my car for me’ when I attended an FA Cup game vs Everton years ago on the same day of the Hillsborough disaster

Villa 2-2 Norwich

14th

13th

8. Who introduced you to Norwich City?

No-one – I went on my own to start with as my Dad didn’t follow football. My partners great Grandad used to play for Norwich City (1926-31) but that doesn’t count in this question.

Can’t possibly remember but Millwall games were scary in the 70’s. All my football-playing friends were in the Barclay – the older boys wearing Budgie Jackets / Harrington Jackets / Crombie Coats / Tonic Trousers / Loafer Shoes (what memories!). I recall an almost tribal atmosphere – oh and the distinctive smell of Wrigley’s Juicy Fruit chewing gum purchased from the sweet sellers who used to walk round the warm-up track at the front of each section of the stand.

10. What stadium you most looking forward too and why?

Old Trafford – English Champions / History / Best Manager by miles

11. How many games do you visit a season?

All home games and a few selected away games

12. Away days for yourselves expensive this season in particular, but do you think Norwich FC are doing all they can to encourage you?

Not really; I make my own way – suppose it’s average here in that respect.

Staying in the Premiership with games to spare

There are few casual supporters here. I don’t think Prem football has made a great deal of difference – the majority of us turn up and usually pretty much fill the ground regardless of which league we’re playing in. Admirable stuff!

If you wanted to inject a bit of perceived toughness, then yes. He doesn’t seem an out and out ‘winner’ though – he’s competent but I can’t really see what inspiration he brings with him. Even less seeing he’s brought Peter Grant with him!

1. Since I was 7

2. Wesley Hoolahan!

3. Darren Bent

4. A very good Premier League team that needs to stop selling their best players.

5. 2-1 Norwich

6. 10th

7. 9th

8. My friends uncle

9. When I was 7. Can''t remember what game. Cause they''re awesome :D

10. I was most looking forward to going to Old Trafford. But now looking forward to going to the Emirates.

11. All home games and at least half the away game. I am at uni in Manchester now so it''s harder to get to home games but so far have only missed the Sunderland game at home this season.

12. Yes very expensive, not really as they don''t have to. We''ll sell the majority of away tickets anyway.

13. Staying up

14. Definitely - plenty of glory hunters wanting to go to games now. But that''s only a small percentage of fans at Norwich, unlike other Premier League teams when they got promoted (Stoke springs to mind).

15. He''s doing alright at the moment so yeah!

guys am quite suprised by the great response keep them coming.

I would kisy like to say I believe McLeish is good as a manager but Villa fans will neva give him the time of day

Am blown away by the comment that ballot''s are held is great to reward the fans that follow the most. Also the fact theirs a waiting list for season tickets next season

1. How long have you been a Norwich City Supporter? 25 Years
2. Who is your best player?  Hoolahan most creative player we''d get the most for if we sold Bradley Johnson
3. Who you think is Villa''s best player? Shay Given
4. What is your perception of Aston Villa? Once great club but history wins you nothing, No one has a right to win anything.
5. What do you think the score will be? Score draw
6. What do you think your final position will be? 14th
7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be? 11th
8. Who introduced you to norwich city? My Granddad
9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return? My First game was in 1986 can''t remember who it was against. My Granddad and father had been season ticket holders since after the war in my granddads case.  
10.What stadium you most looking forward too and why? I have always had a soft spot for Newcastle so St James Park although the away fans are right in the rafters. Other than that the Emirates as never been.
11.How many games do you visit a season? As many as i can this year i am aiming for 30 out of 38.
12.Away days for yourselves expensive this season in particular, but do you think Norwich FC are doing all they can to encourage you? If you have a sense your team will win no matter what the price i think you would pay it. Long gone are the days where we go somewhere expecting to get beat  
13. What would you define as a good season? Survival.
14. Has promotion to the premier league attracted new fans? You will always get more fans with extra exposure to the world but this can only be a good thing. Everyone has to start somewhere.  
15. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us? No, I don''t see how getting a club relegated from the league counts as a good enough season to get the Villa job. In my opinion you''d of been better off going for a manager young hungry and a winner. Nigel Adkins from Southampton or Gus Poyet from Brighton would of been ideal candidates although probably not "big name" enough for some.

1. Since I was 8 (1985)

2. Hoolahan although others are now showing their mettle (Pilkington, Ruddy, Johnson, Tierney)

3. Darren Bent

4. Ummm, Tom Hanks apparently supports them. Always quite liked them but not sure if they are going in the right direction.

5. 2-1 Norwich

6. 10th

7. 12th

8. My great uncle (RIP)

9. My first game was a 0-0 versus Charlton circa 1989/1990. My mum took myself and my cousin. We arrived really early and were sat in about row 4 of the old South Stand in an empty stadium about 2 hrs before kick off. Andy Townsend was having a wander around and came over and said hello. That''s all I can remember other than my cousin gettimg very excited about Robert Rosario coming on as she quite liked him. My first NCFC occasion was attending the Steve Bruce Soccer School in 1987. I was 10 and only one of two girls there. Steve Bruce came into the hall before the start of the tournament and apologised to us all for leaving that season.

10. Well I went to Old Trafford (home end) and it was pretty special seeing the yellow army in the corner and witnessing my team running out onto the pitch at the Theatre of Dreams.

11. Sadly not many as I live in Winchester. Got to quite a few away games in League One and Championship level as there are more teams down this way. Hoping to get to another 4 or 5 this season including one home game as usual.

12. I don''t think about it - if i want to go I''ll save to make sure I get there.

13. Survival.

14. Yes, but it does not seem as obvious as the Bayern Munich triumph when everyone with a small connection to Norfolk suddenly adopted the Canaries as their team.

15. No. As a number have said there are hungrier managers out there - just keep your hands off ours!

Fifty years

Probably Wes at themoment

Darren Bent - didn''t he once play for 1p5wich?

You whacked us in ''75 at Wembly

You wacked us again (I forget which year,was the ''70s) 4-0 at Carrow Road just after we got promoted

You whacked us a 3rd time when we were leading the Premiership up until the last few games of the season and Man U won the title.)

You had our manager that we should never have let get away (Martin O''Neil)

You somehow seem more classy than Birmingham.

We will win, unless you''re in whacking mode.

mid-table

below us, sorry.

Pre-ordained at birth.

Think it was Southampton in ''62. Standing on a crowded terrace I couldn''t  see a thing. Went back to find out what I''d missed.

Carrow Road, of course

I prefer sex to attending away games.

No, the sex is definitely a better option.

Beating 1p5switch home and away.

Hopefully, I don''t personally have a problem with this. It doesn''t affect my suppport for myteam.

Scottish managers eh? Depends on whether you can understanding what he is saying. Since Paul Lambert joined us, I haven''t understood a single word he''s said.

1. How long have you been a Norwich City Supporter? 40 years

2. Who is your best player? Wes

3. Who you think is Villa''s best player? Given

4. What is your perception of Aston Villa? As I live in the midlands I grew up with Villa fans so I haven''t a high opinion of them ...sorry

5. What do you think the score will be? 1-2

6. What do you think your final position will be? mid table

7. What do you think Aston Villa position will be? 11th

8. Who introduced you to norwich city? my late Grandad

9.What was your first game and what made you want to follow then and made you return? Coventry v Norwich Greg Downs scored

10.What stadium you most looking forward too and why? I only attend a few games so it would have to be Villa park

11.How many games do you visit a season? 3ish

12.Away days for yourselves expensive this season in particular, but do you think Norwich FC are doing all they can to encourage you? Yes

13. What would you define as a good season? Staying Up

14. Has promotion to the premier league attracted new fans Yes my boys suddenly think Norwich are cool

15. Do you think Alex McLeish moving from Birmingham to Villa was a good move for us? No

[quote user="bradders"]guys am quite suprised by the great response keep them coming. I would kisy like to say I believe McLeish is good as a manager but Villa fans will neva give him the time of day Am blown away by the comment that ballot''s are held is great to reward the fans that follow the most. Also the fact theirs a waiting list for season tickets next season[/quote]

We have to have ballots because most clubs prefer their ground to have thousands of empty seats rather than selling them to away supporters. I remember on match of the day for two successive home games you booed Martin O''Neil so McLeish has no chance. Hope I am wrong however as I have always predicted that Lambert will leave eventually for Celtic or Villa.

1, Since the 1950''s!

2, We haven''t got one best player, we are successfull cause we are a good unit!

3, I don''t know many of Villa team but Darren Bent is one of your stand out players, which I say with gritted teeth beings hes an ex Ipswich player!

4, Big Midlands club with big ground and propor big support uunlike your nearest neighbours who in my opinion get poor crowds considering their in Englands 2nd biggest City!

5, What game do you mean?

Villa V Norwich Nov 5TH?

If we play how we have been then I think Norwich are capable of getting a positive result!

6, I think we''ll be somewhere in the bottom 10, hopefully the right end!

7, Villa should stay up comfortably!

8, Father.

9, My first ever game at Carrow Road would of been in the early 50''s, against who I can''t remember!

10, Emirates, never been there and nor has Norwich!

11, I normally go to nearly every home game and a few away games as well!

12, Cheaper tickets would entice me to go more!

13, This season, maintaining our top flight status!

14, We had huge support before, but we''ve had more come along cause theirs many fans who will have been attracted by the Premiership!

15, Hes more suitable than your last manager, and for him hes moved to a bigger club more likely to be successful and not had to uproot!

[quote user="bradders"]guys am quite suprised by the great response keep them coming.

I would kisy like to say I believe McLeish is good as a manager but Villa fans will neva give him the time of day

Am blown away by the comment that ballot''s are held is great to reward the fans that follow the most. Also the fact theirs a waiting list for season tickets next season[/quote]

Bradders, could you give us a link to the site you run please? I think it''s good to interact on oppositions sites before the game and always intriguing to see what the opposition make of each other. Cheers!

1) since 1993 going to games.

2) wes is the best for ability. Holt is more important for his influence and determination and gives the team a lift when on the pitch and is a really good captain. one minute he is shooting at goal the next he is making a clearance at left back!

3) hate to say it but darren bent ( ex binner)

4) a massive club that really should be winning trophies on a more regular basis. should be top 6 side.

5) 1 - 1.

6) hate this question, oh 9th...

7) 12th

8) my school. went to a few mid week games with them and i was hooked.

9) man united at home. lost 1 - 3. bryan gunn punch cantona in the face. ha ha, the atmosphere hooked me. first away game was villa! 1995 i think we drew 1 - 1. mike milligan scored for us.

10) I normally prefer old school grounds with character but a lot of people go on about how good the emerites is so arsenal and spurs. not done them two before.

11) home about 15. away about 10. living 3 hours from carrow road means every game is an away game.

12) not really we normally take 3000 plus so they dont need to do anything.plus they have just added a handling fee we have to pay on top of the 40 quid ticket prices in the prem!

13) staying up. but im dreaming of a cup final and europa league next year on top. would love to go on a european tour with city. anything is possible with lambert in charge.

14) only ones that we dont want/ need. No problem with new young fans. Its the glory hunters i hate. I mean how many man city and chelsea shirts did we see knocking about 15 years ago compared to now??? sad people.

15) yes. I think he is a quality manager and if given time will do well for you. If you are prepared to give him it that is.

1. 14 years next month2. Probably Wes Hoolahan3. Darren Ex Scum tw@t Bent4. Tbh, not a big fan of Villa, remember a couple of years ago when they were challenging for a Champions League place, the players were booed off the field after a 0-0 draw even though they were only 5 points off the top of the league and sitting in 4th. Really? Talk about getting ahead of yourself? And as for charging us £40 a ticket and your own fans £24. Well that''s pretty disgraceful don''t you think?5. Don''t make predictions6. 14th7. 12th8. My dad9. Bury at home, November 1997, 2-2 draw after being 2-0 up within 10 minutes, my dad then took me to a few more in the next season and a half then got me a season ticket and i''ve only missed one home game since. 10. Probably Loftus Road, Craven Cottage or the Emirates as London away days are always the best. 11. Normally about 10-15 but this season might be a task to get to that due to ticket prices etc. Been to 3 already though.12. Probably not, they seem to take us for granted so they don''t need to.13. Staying up ofc14. Yes everyone seems to think so.15. Yes, was pretty inconsistent with Blues but with a better squad of players should be able to guide you to some success. I think the fans reaction to his appointment was pretty pathetic tbh.