Sign in to follow this  
forte

half and half scarves

It''s called a souvenir. A momento of a sporting occasion.

Was pleased to buy a ManUtd/NCFC scarf as a souvenir of going to old trafford. Same price as a programme (given up buying those) and more useful. It also meant I could sit in Stertford end with city colours on, (although I did get some looks when I stood up when pilks was clean through!)

I can see the attraction, but personally I would never wear anything which had the word "Liverpool" or "Leeds" on it.

I can maybe understand it as a souvenir for a big cup or European game, but I don''t see the point for league games.

Thing I find strange this season is seeing a few City fans in the away ends at Old Trafford and Anfield with United/Liverpool megastore bags, FFS! What on earth would you want to buy in there?!

The only half and half scarf I''ve ever bought was from when we played Paulton Rovers in the FA cup 1st round. That was just as a souvenir of such a rare day. Hopefully we''ll never be in the 1st round again!Have seen a picture doing the rounds on twitter of someone wearing a Man U - Man City scarf. WTF is that about?!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Was pleased to buy a ManUtd/NCFC scarf as a souvenir of going to old trafford. Same price as a programme[/quote]I also bought one of these purely because it was the first time i''d been to Old Trafford. Just a souvenir of a great day out, i''ll never wear it. LDC where did you get your scarf for £3!?!? Mine cost over double that!

[quote user="barclaystand"]The only half and half scarf I''ve ever bought was from when we played Paulton Rovers in the FA cup 1st round. That was just as a souvenir of such a rare day. Hopefully we''ll never be in the 1st round again![/quote]Same here, got the t-shirt too, purely because it was a one-off. Hopefully Man Utd v Norwich City won''t be...

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="barclaystand"]The only half and half scarf I''ve ever bought was from when we played Paulton Rovers in the FA cup 1st round. That was just as a souvenir of such a rare day. Hopefully we''ll never be in the 1st round again![/quote]Same here, got the t-shirt too, purely because it was a one-off. Hopefully Man Utd v Norwich City won''t be...[/quote]That''s how I view it.  As I want the same again next season.Then again thinking about it.  If Dad is taking little Jimmy to a top clash in the Prem League.  I guess it could be a one off occasion as Dad might think, ''Stuff that, I can''t afford it every year'',

I''ve bought a few over the years, last one was at Paulton for the same reason as those mentioned above.  Before that I got one at Blackpool, I think it was a cup game but was freezing so seemed a sensible purchase.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="barclaystand"]The only half and half scarf I''ve ever bought was from when we played Paulton Rovers in the FA cup 1st round. That was just as a souvenir of such a rare day. Hopefully we''ll never be in the 1st round again![/quote]Same here, got the t-shirt too, purely because it was a one-off. Hopefully Man Utd v Norwich City won''t be...[/quote]

Don''t know about that Pete, the way Man Utd defended on Sunday, you have to worry about their chances of staying up!

="Gerry Harrison"]Someone in the Lower Barclay had a Norwich/Leeds one last season

Absolute cringeworthy!

Why would anyone who doesn''t support them stuck in thr 1970''s neanderthal despots want to wear theirs colours!

These Norwich/Leedscum half and half scarves were sold before our big League 1 Carrow Road dust up with them in 2010. I saw a few fans wearing them but only a few fortunately. Aparently the rumour going round was the scarves were produced in readiness for a moneyspinning well attended Johnstone Trophy final at Wembley which never happened!

I would never buy a scarve that had half another teams colours on it, but they do sell!

[quote user="lake district canary"]canary_bird wrote:

"what would you do with it when you got home?"

errrrr........................wear it when it''s cold?[/quote]

I can''t imagine ever wearing a scarf with another team''s name on it, even if it was freezing! Only time I ever purchased an "opponents" scarf was when we played a friendly at Enfield many moons ago. We got free tickets due to a family connection, so we bought some stuff in their club shop to make a contribution. The scarf was blue and white, so not something that was hung up on the wall when we got home.

Man some of you are sad... oh booo hoo they are wearing a split scarf, so obviously they MUST support the other team? Really? I mean really! once again a sign everything is going ok on the pitch if we are having to resort to flaming.... scarfs. who cares, it has no bearing on the match, the team, lambert or anything. never bought one myself and none of my buissness what other people spend their cash on!

I would get one in a European game, or if we were playing a tiny club in the cup (I didnt go to Paulton, I would have got one though) as they are rare days. I would never get one for a League game though, kind of looks like you are a fan of a small club, going for a rare day to Old trafford, we shouldn''t have to make it a special occassion, I doubt Fulham fans are now in awe everytime they play Man Utd. I didnt like it when the players were swapping shirts either, WE ARE IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS THEM, NOT A TINY CLUB WHO WILL NEVER PLAY THERE AGAIN!!!!!

What''s your problem Ryan 1992. Sounds like you''ve got a bit of an inferiority complex. Why the shouting?

I went to MU to enjoy a chance to go to old trafford. The first time I have ever managed to get a ticket there. The great Norwich City playing on equal terms with another great club.

I may not be able to get a ticket next year - only 3000 out of 25000 or more can, so why should I or anyone else not take the opportunity to buy a souvenir of the occasion??

Half and half scarves are at worst a marketing ploy but at best are a celebration of a sporting occasion.

Get over it!