Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

A Helping Hand - which positions?

Without necessarily naming players, what positions do you think PL is looking for "a helping hand" with in the Jan window?

I refer to Michael Bailey''s article in the Pinkun today http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/paul_lambert_premier_league_new_boys_still_have_much_to_prove_1_1113504

Reference was made to this in the paragraph "The City board has already pledged funds for “one to three” new signings when the window reopens at the turn of the year and Lambert has acknowledge work has already begun on who to bring in"

Any advance on:

A solid "Duncan Forbes" type central defender (because we want the opposition to "think twice" before trying to get past him)

A cultured "Martin Peters" type midfielder (because we can''t put all our creative eggs in the Wes basket - although Foxy is a good playmaker, I think we need someone with that extra special "something")

A pacy "Darren Huckerby" type winger / forward? (as an additional option - especially if anything happens to Pilkington or Bennett)

Bearing in mind that these type of players would either cost a small fortune - or would need to be plucked from lower league obscurity - and I prefer the latter option.

[quote user="Jarrold_stand_blockN"]

A defender that is capable of playing across the back and a centre forward maybe?

[/quote]Bring back Doherty and kill two birds with one stone.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Jarrold_stand_blockN"]

A defender that is capable of playing across the back and a centre forward maybe?

[/quote]
Bring back Doherty and kill two birds with one stone.
[/quote]

[:D]

''Pacy Striker - Maynard''

I agree, I would like to have Maynard up along top with either Holt or Morison, isn''t he out of contract soon?

''Back up CM for Fox''

Again I agree, against Blackburn our midfield was ineffective.

''Naughton on a permanent deal''

Again I have to agree, he has been a class act for us and has done an amazing job, would be excellent to have him on a permanent deal.

''Send back De Laet''

His first games he was poor, but maybe some time on the bench has gave him a kick up the arse?

''Sign two loans - Attacking Mid & CB''

Would be good for someone to challenge Hoolahan for his place, and a big tall centre back who ''bullys'' oppositions fowards would be nice.

I would imagine he would be looking for most positionsand decide on the best option. If we get injuries etc that will probably influence his choices. At present I think we have a strong enough squad to stay in this league this year and any extras can only be a bonus imo..