Sign in to follow this  
The Voice Of Reason

Loan Signings In Jan

From interview with Lambert:

''Jan transfer window prices are distorted too high.''

''Team needs a hand.''

''Just like when we brought in Danni Pachecco and Henry Lansbury.''

Unless I''ve completely read him wrong, we gonna be getting a couple of loan signings in Jan.

Now there''s food for thought, I wonder who?

We''re only allowed 2 loan signings at any one time in the Prem and as things stand thats DeLaet and Naughton. Unless one (or both) go back to their parent clubs or we sign them on permanent deals there wont be anyone on loan

Which interview did you see that in? I would be interested in reading that.

As we''ve got two season long loans already I guess we would be only taking about say a 3 month loan unless I''ve misunderstood the loan rules.

Will be very interesting to see who he goes for, or will it just be cover for any injuries that occur

Barclay hero, I thought you might be able to have 1 or 3 month loans as well, is it just two loans full stop then?

I don''t know Lmbert personally, just read that ''Pitfalls'' article and reading between the lines. He is very specific with mentioning Danny and Henry, and the prices in Jan.

I don''t know, maybe I''ve read it wrong.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]I don''t know Lmbert personally, just read that ''Pitfalls'' article and reading between the lines. He is very specific with mentioning Danny and Henry, and the prices in Jan.

I don''t know, maybe I''ve read it wrong.[/quote]

Just read it, can certainly see what you mean it really does seem to indicate that.

I do find the bit about work is already under way to strengthen for Jan and that all his previous targets have been people he has known.

Makes you wonder if we will going back in for someone or if there someone else on Lambert''s list that he hasn''t been available till now...

I thought prem teams are only allowed two loan players - irrespective of duration?

From the 2011-12 premier league hand book.

"7.6 not more than 2 Temporary Transfers shall be registered by a Club at the same time"

Rule 7.5 says we can have a max of 4 a season; but unless De Laet goes back (cant see naughton returning early) as he is not being picked any jan signings will have to be permanent...

I''d happily try and make Naughhton a permanent move in January but as Lambert says, the prices are normally pretty high. However, I think it would be worth it.

With regards to de Laet, I wouldn''t be upset if we signed him perm as well but am more bothered about Naughton first.

It would be interesting to see where we''re thinking of strengthening as we''ve got fairly decent cover in every position other than the wings. If Bennet or Pilkington get injured we would have to rejig our formation so perhaps these areas are being looked at with 3 centre backs still to come back and R. Martin doing so well there.

These truly are exciting times to think we''re doing so well and still perhaps looking to strengthen.

dont know if anyone knows this but naughton is a free agent in the summer, so would be available at a knock down price

I didn''t know that Simo and if that''s the case then we may as well keep him on his loan for the rest of the season, sign de Laet permanently, and then sign Naughton for free in the summer. Happy days.

we are only allowed 2 players on loan from other prem teams, for example, sunderland had 4 players on loan last season at 1 time, and 2 of them were from abroad so we can get more players on loan, but they may take a long time to settle so we wont do it, unless de laet goes bk t oman u and we get another prem player in.

Maybe what he meant by that was that simply we should not expect 4 or 5 signings in January and instea maybe only 1 or 2 quality players being signed!

It crossed my mind that Lambert maybe was in the middle of negotiations with a club ref buying a player and he is just bluffing to try to keep price down and complete deal.

Would Lambert use media like that or just leave it to Mcnally?

A "Club Ref" ???????

I thought only man yoo had such a thing!! Can we have one too????  :)

maybe we''re jumping the gun on a player who is out of contract in summer, paying a knockdown fee to get him, a bit like de jong going to Man City for £12m, when he''s really worth double that

My initial thoughts are:

Wingers/Midfielders -

Snodgrass of Leeds

Adoma of Bristol City

Lewis McGugan of Nottingham Forest

Defence -

Luke Chambers of Nottingham Forest

[quote user="NWC"]  A "Club Ref" ???????

I thought only man yoo had such a thing!! Can we have one too????  :)[/quote]

Shh its supposed to be a secret