Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

A few Fergie facts...

As Alex Ferguson celebrates 25 years in charge of Man Utd on Saturday, thought I would just like to throw a few facts out there...

- Fergie''s first point for Man Utd was picked up at Carrow Road in Nov 1986 (a 0-0 draw).

- Fergie''s first home defeat was by Norwich (1-0 Drinkell) in Dec 1986.

- Fergie has only lost 30 home matches in domestic matches in his 25 years at Man Utd. Interestingly, 3 of these (or 10%) were against Norwich! Have any teams won more?

I really do feel proud looking back and seeing how good we were back in the mid/late 1980''s. This period often gets too overlooked and focus only tends to be on our European period of 1993, which indeed was great, but we should pay equal attention to this other period in my opinion.

Please feel free to add more.

He met with an official from Valencia at les Ambassadeurs Club Park Lane London a couple of years ago, after Valencia had just played Arsenal in a champions league match. This was to discuss the possible transfer of David Silva and David Villa, both of whom he missed out on...

Interestingly, Kia Jorabchiaan (of Carlos Tevez fame) was sat at another table talking to reps from Arsenal...

I was on another table stuffing my face discussing my transfer strategies for summer 2015 on FM10 :P

More fact.....Of all the teams Fergie has played at least 10 times Norwich City have the best record against him, beating Man Utd on 34.8% of occasions.Also of all the sides that have visited Old Trafford 5 times or more under Fergie Chelsea have the best Old Trafford record with UTD winning on 41.4% of occasions, every other side has lost over 50%.