Sign in to follow this  
Jarrold_stand_blockN

NCFC supporters forum on thursday

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Yes i shall pop along and am a bit surprised at the lack of publicity surrounding the event.[/quote]

Hmmm I wonder why that could be?

Team doing well? Check. Finances looking healthy? Check.

To be honest I''m just popping along so I can try and get Lambo''s autograph! [:D]

Myself and Mr Bury Green will be there.

Don''t know why we are going as have no questions to ask ''cos we are two happy yella chappies. Oh I know, will have curry after!!

It''s been publicised a couple of times on the club''s website. The format as outlined there is that questions have to be submitted to the club and then what are described as "the most popular" will be put to the panel. That seems to exclude unexpected questions from the floor.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Yes i shall pop along and am a bit surprised at the lack of publicity surrounding the event.[/quote]

There was an advert in the EEN tonight, £2 admission fee and as PC says questions have to be submitted before the event.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]...... The format as outlined there is that questions have to be submitted to the club and then what are described as "the most popular" will be put to the panel. That seems to exclude unexpected questions from the floor.[/quote]" Most popular " = " No awkward ".These official club forums are becoming so sanitised. They were far more fun when any questions were invited from the floor on the night. I really can''t understand why they need to have advance warning as every time I''ve been to a '' live '' Q & A session Mr McNally has earned his corn in smoothly floating over any tricky questions in pretty impressive style anyway.A little depressing really.....

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]It''s been publicised a couple of times on the club''s website. The format as outlined there is that questions have to be submitted to the club and then what are described as "the most popular" will be put to the panel. That seems to exclude unexpected questions from the floor.[/quote]

Having just read what it says on the Club  website i must say PC that it does not say that it is a must for questions to be submitted prior to the event.It says "you can help shape the evening" by sending questions to the media empire and the most popular will be asked.It does not say that questions from the floor on the night will not be allowed.Questions from the floor are taken at the AGM which could unearth a few sticky financial gems and after all two plus years of a rapid rise in success is hardly likely to have PL,DMc and AB facing the awkward squad this coming Thursday.I think the pre submitted questions will fill in when and if questions dry up from the floor.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]It''s been publicised a couple of times on the club''s website. The format as outlined there is that questions have to be submitted to the club and then what are described as "the most popular" will be put to the panel. That seems to exclude unexpected questions from the floor.[/quote]

Having just read what it says on the Club  website i must say PC that it does not say that it is a must for questions to be submitted prior to the event.It says "you can help shape the evening" by sending questions to the media empire and the most popular will be asked.It does not say that questions from the floor on the night will not be allowed.Questions from the floor are taken at the AGM which could unearth a few sticky financial gems and after all two plus years of a rapid rise in success is hardly likely to have PL,DMc and AB facing the awkward squad this coming Thursday.I think the pre submitted questions will fill in when and if questions dry up from the floor.

[/quote]

I did hedge my bets with "seems", TIL! That bit on the club site is unclear. We shall see tomorrow. Or rather, you and other attendees will. Having said that, the club now is without doubt generally much more buttoned-up and thin-skinned than it was under the old regime. Witness the closing of the official message-board. And other events. And as you have indicated there is an irony here, in that fans are by and large very happy with events on and off the field. Not universally so, but by and large.

Whatever happens tomorrow the AGM, at least, is a place where questions cannot be vetted, and that may indeed throw up something interesting answers. Or non-answers.

I thought it went really well personally. I was right at the front and managed to hear all questions/answers.

I enjoyed Lambo''s comments about social networking ''why would you want to tell someone that you''re boiling an egg''!

McNally also explained that we should have a new temp. stand infront of the hotel by ''early spring'' and that after 3 years of premiership football we will start expansion on the G. Watling stand.

Lambo signed my copy of his autobiography as well which was a nice way to end.

Kudos to the man who expressed to Lambo how much we all love what he''s done for us as well and that it would take a horrific down turn in fortunes for us (the fans) to want him sacked.

Will definitely go to any future forums.

[quote user="Jarrold_stand_blockN"]

I thought it went really well personally. I was right at the front and managed to hear all questions/answers.

I enjoyed Lambo''s comments about social networking ''why would you want to tell someone that you''re boiling an egg''!

McNally also explained that we should have a new temp. stand infront of the hotel by ''early spring'' and that after 3 years of premiership football we will start expansion on the G. Watling stand.

Lambo signed my copy of his autobiography as well which was a nice way to end.

Kudos to the man who expressed to Lambo how much we all love what he''s done for us as well and that it would take a horrific down turn in fortunes for us (the fans) to want him sacked.

Will definitely go to any future forums.

[/quote]

He is certainly the comedian lol!.Totally agree with what you have said it is certainly worth going to the next one [:)].

Bowkett said we will be debt free in two years.

When asked about the chief scout situation Lambert said that a chap called Colin Jackson who apparently has been at Colney since Division One was appointed months ago which took Chris Goreham by surprise.

Lambert detests both Facebook and Twitter.

McNally confirmed there will be another new home shirt next season but it will be the same manufacturer.

The stand off with BBC East over CMS is approaching a satisfactory conclusion hopefully sooner rather than later.

Re. the rebuilding of the Geoffrey Watling Stand. This will be the most difficult and challenging stand, from all sorts of angles, that will ever have been built at Carrow Road.

From a constructional point of view, it will need to "butt up" with the 2 corner stands (assuming they will remain). Although the "old" carrow road can be utilised, will a tunnel be necessary to ensure a flow of fans around the stadium (like at Old Trafford)?

Bowkett did mention that they would look into requesting permission of the PL not to have any away supporters for the season when the stand is rebuilt. I''m not sure personally that that could be possible, but ho hum!

Although "3 years" in the Premium would be required to go ahead with this project, by my own maths I reckon this could in theory be done summer 2013 (ie in 18 months time) if we stayed up twice, as a 3rd season in the Prem would then be guaranteed. No need to wait until the end of the 3rd season I would imagine.

I believe Colin Jackson was originally recruited as the team analyst back at the start of the 2009/10 season. He was the person who scouted the away opposition to report back on how they played / formation etc.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Bowkett said we will be debt free in two years.

When asked about the chief scout situation Lambert said that a chap called Colin Jackson who apparently has been at Colney since Division One was appointed months ago which took Chris Goreham by surprise.

Lambert detests both Facebook and Twitter.

McNally confirmed there will be another new home shirt next season but it will be the same manufacturer.

The stand off with BBC East over CMS is approaching a satisfactory conclusion hopefully sooner rather than later.

[/quote]

Does that mean the 4m remaining internal debt to the directors will also be paid off next year or "just" the 9m external debt? Either way looks like we will have a large financial handicap next season compared to the other premiership clubs we compete agaisnt who receive large financial subsidies from their owners whilst we have signifigant debt repayments. I suspect and hope that lambert and the team are on substantial bonuses if they can keep us up for the next two years

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

1. Bowkett said we will be debt free in two years.

2. Lambert detests both Facebook and Twitter.

3. The stand off with BBC East over CMS is approaching a satisfactory conclusion hopefully sooner rather than later.

[/quote]

1. We may hear more about this at the AGM, but this is the point I was making in my Accounts thread - that it now transpires that if we stay up - and all the various trigger clauses are activated - then we have no choice on this. We have to pay off all our debt by the end of the next financial year (May 2013). Certainly all the interest-bearing bank and loan debt has to be paid off. The rest depends on the goodwill of the creditors.

2. I love the image of Lambert - with Bowkett and McNally sitting there - slagging off Facebook and Twitter as being for the terminally brain-dead when it was just these social media things that the club promoted as being wonderful alternatives to the message-board it was scrapping...

3. We shall see how "approaching" and how "satisfactory" and how "sooner or later".

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

1. Bowkett said we will be debt free in two years.

2. Lambert detests both Facebook and Twitter.

3. The stand off with BBC East over CMS is approaching a satisfactory conclusion hopefully sooner rather than later.

[/quote]

1. We may hear more about this at the AGM, but this is the point I was making in my Accounts thread - that it now transpires that if we stay up - and all the various trigger clauses are activated - then we have no choice on this. We have to pay off all our debt by the end of the next financial year (May 2013). Certainly all the interest-bearing bank and loan debt has to be paid off. The rest depends on the goodwill of the creditors.

2. I love the image of Lambert - with Bowkett and McNally sitting there - slagging off Facebook and Twitter as being for the terminally brain-dead when it was just these social media things that the club promoted as being wonderful alternatives to the message-board it was scrapping...

3. We shall see how "approaching" and how "satisfactory" and how "sooner or later".

[/quote]

On point 1 McNally must be quite bullish about our survival this year then and potentially how high up the league we will finish to repay £9m in 18 months. With tongue in cheek I guess you could say that worrying about this all becomes irrelevant if we qualify for Champions League! I''ll get me coat!

[quote user="HoltsRightFoot"]JSB you mentioned a temp stand in front of the hotel, any ideas how many it would sit? Regarding the geoffrey walting stand, are they going to knock it down and then expand it? Or just extend it? Does anyone know or have a slight idea?[/quote]

First point HRF the answer was no and the second point regarding The City Stand it sounds from what The Chairman said that it will be a complete rebuild.

[quote user="T"]Does that mean the 4m remaining internal debt to the directors will also be paid off next year or "just" the 9m external debt? Either way looks like we will have a large financial handicap next season compared to the other premiership clubs we compete agaisnt who receive large financial subsidies from their owners whilst we have signifigant debt repayments. I suspect and hope that lambert and the team are on substantial bonuses if they can keep us up for the next two years[/quote]I''ve seen you voice your concerns over this on the other thread T. I can see where you are coming from but you may be worrying too much as many other factors can affect your forecast. 1. The internal debt may be written off by the directors or converted to shares.2. Each finishing place in the Prem is worth about £0.5m so by finishing say 10th, that would be an extra £5m that wouldn''t have been budgeted for.3. A cup run with a televised game against one of the big clubs could earn us a few £m.4. Our players wages will be considerably less than those paid by most of the other clubs.....5. Which means that it is highly likely that (sadly) one or two of our better players will move on and bring in large transfer fees.Of course, much depends on keeping our manager and staff for another couple of years but if we do, then I don''t see paying off the remaining debts as a big problem. Don''t forget, most of the other Premier League teams have debts too.

Interesting and positive stuff to read! There is no way we will be allowed to not have away supporters, the uproar it would cause alone would be enough for the prem to not consider it, likely a case of having temp seating infront of the city stand like they did with the jarrold and then just a general reduction on non- season tickets avilable and away supporters. Our capacity would probably drop to about 22,000 odd so i think the percentage of away supporters we had to have would decrease which would help. I think we will see a calculated and methodical ''push'' in the transfer window, they know its the last shot we get to try and secure the place for next season and so I think we could see a couple of faces... maybe Snodgrass? Who knows, but certainly aan exciting time to be a city fan and a fantastic future ahead if we stick to the plan.

I largely agree with you Lappinup although the debts of the other clubs largely relate to internal debts fron subsidies from the owners which are not repayable whereas we have large external debts which are repayable. There is little chance of the external loans being deferred given that banks are looking to recapitalse and the market for risky debt is closed. Plus they are entitled to a one million early redemption fee so there is no incentive for the banks to defer the loans. Just don''t expect a significant increase in the transfer budget next season from additional income if we stay up given the increase in loan repayments

Two points spring to mind whilst reading this thread.

Firstly, whilst I can sense a degree of frustration in some quarters at having to pay the current debt off next season, should we be in the Premiership, there by putting us "at a disadvantage", it is hardly surprising that the principle lenders are insisting on this bearing in mind that the Independent Auditors expressed reservations about the Club''s ability to trade as a Going Concern not so long ago.

Secondly, football has never been like a game of monopoly where everyone starts each season with equal money. There have always been differences and there always will be.