Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Ticket deal for home fans Tomorrow

Just seen Villa are doing ''4 tickets for £40'' for Tomorrows game, their crowds are dwindling and even season ticket holders aren''t turning up. Could be the ideal time to play them, fans against management, crowds getting lower, but with a loud and big following from the away fans! Come on City!!

Villa did quite a few decent prices for OAPs, Students, Kids etc. Its just the adult prices that were high.

And the reason they are doing 4 for £40 for home fans, is because they aren''t selling the tickets. Away fans get what, 3000 tickets? If that. Most teams will have 2-3000 fans who want to go to away games won''t they? So why would they charge less?

Its no different to how Norwich has been run. Think back to the Doncaster days, and all the Kids for a quid schemes etc, when attendances were lower. Now today, do you think McNally is going to charge less? No he''s going to have ticket prices as high as he can get away with, it shows the club is being run by a pretty good businessman who is trying to maximise profit. Villa will be hoping to up attendances, get better results because of the increased support (maybe?) and then they will get rid of offers like 4 for £40, and start charging the more expensive prices again.

Its quite funny seeing people moan about other teams ticket prices, I remember people getting upset because Cardiff moaned about our prices last season...

what makes more money? £40 tickets and no more spent or £10 tickets with fans buying programme, beer, pie and souvenir?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]what makes more money? £40 tickets and no more spent or £10 tickets with fans buying programme, beer, pie and souvenir?

[/quote]

Think there may be a few more Norwich fans trying thier luck tomorrow

im thinking about going only live in cov , all my mates support cov so will be pretty hard trying to get 3 of them to villa

GingerPele

The main difference being that when we were in the Football League there was a rule that you couldn''t charge away fans any more for seats of thr same standard. So Cardiff fans were charged the same price as a casual ticket would cost a home fan. Also when we offered kids for a quid for home fans away fans got the same deal.

I''m not saying that if we were in Villa''s position in the Premier League that we wouldn''t do the same thing and that should be considered in any ground expansion plans.

My step son is a Villa fan. Because they had sold so few initially they had to offer them at £10 for an adult and £5 for a kid. He will argue that the very same people that dont go or only go when the tickets are sold cheap are the very same people that moan when they sell Young Downing Milner ect.

To the person further up asking what you rather do ie the extra will buy a pie ect they could have sold another 2000 to us at £40 each. 

Ginger Pele - Student prices aren''t that much cheaper (£6 in fact) which is still quite a lot of money for an away game where the home team don''t even sell their tickets. All I was saying is it''s a bit of a joke offering deals like that for their home fans and charging us that much. Could easily give us a bigger allocation and lower prices like Bolton and Wigan did. The reason why Norwich charge a lot of tickets is because we actually sell them all. We aren''t bothered if the away fans don''t take much of their allocation as we can just sell them to the home fans. Basic supply and demand.

All I can say is I bet Villa are delighted we have bothered to turn up if they can actually get full price for the ticket and sell the allocation! Bet they are a bit peeved they cant get this support from their own fans tho...

Makes me really proud to be yellow!!

Onwards and Upwards!!

OTBC!